Mancat Monday: People Saving Pets and a Kitten Update

Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it!Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it!Hey, I wanted to give you an update on a couple of pretty important items today.  First, my friends at PetSmart are launching a Volunteer Action Day called People Saving Pets, and it is tomorrow, Tuesday, November 8th.

Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it!

People Saving Pets™ is a social movement empowered by PetSmart Charities® dedicated to saving the lives of adoptable pets and solving the homeless pet problem by uniting pet lovers and inspiring local action. On Tuesday, November 8, People Saving Pets is introducing Volunteer Action Day to bring awareness around the volunteer needs of animal welfare organizations and to encourage the public to help pets by volunteering in their communities.

Because this is a social movement, they are getting bloggers involved, too. They have developed a microsite that includes details about Volunteer Action Day. The microsite also houses two infographics that educate about volunteering for pets and the impact on animal welfare organizations.

Don’t forget to volunteer, the shelters and the critters will appreciate you forever!

Now for a kitten update…

Can you believe that little Johnny Doe hasn’t been adopted yet, just look at that little love bug.

Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it!Just look at that sweet little boy.  You can see his original post HERE.

And remember these two darlings?

Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it!Well, they are not quite ready to be adopted yet due to some medical issues, but please keep them in your thoughts and prayers and I will be back asking for your help with them just as soon as they are ready. HERE is their original story.

Here is the deal with them from the nice lady that has them and is helping them:

“Just to update, I took these two babies to the vet today.  They are on meds for an upper respiratory infection and the female has ringworm.  She just broke with it in the last 24 hours because we have been handling her like crazy and hadn’t seen anything until today.  In any case, she’s now on meds for that as well.  My husband has agreed that we can keep them until they are healthy and will try to find placement then.  If anyone is interested in stepping in as a rescue I am happy to send the medications with them.  If anyone is interested in adopting them have them get in touch with me and I will make sure they get a clean bill of health before going home with anyone.”

They will need loving forever homes just as soon as they are healthy, so please don’t forget them, I’ll be asking soon.

That’s the updates for today, and always remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it!
Vote Here Daily

Kitten Action Team
Fountain Inn, SC

Milo and Alfie
8 years ago

We hope all those little love-bugs find their purrfect forever home. xx

Hilary
8 years ago

I will keep all those cuties in my thoughts and purrayers… I hope they find furever homes very soon!

Catherine
8 years ago

Hoping all these little sweeties find new homes!
xo Catherine

Marg
8 years ago

I will have to check out that deal for tomorrow. I hadn’t heard about it before. What a great idea to promote volunteering. If people could just go and give the animals a little attention, it would help them to become better cats for adopting.
We sure hope those two little kittens sure get their health back soon so they can find their forever home.
Johnny Doe is still so darn cute.
Take care.

Chancy, Mumsy and Crew

Good morning sweet Brian. We are praying all those little cuties find loving forever homes real quick. You all have a wonderful week. Hugs and nose kisses

Faz the Cat
8 years ago

We’re keeping all paws crossed here for lots of adopters coming forward for these lovely guys. FAZ

Hannah and Lucy
8 years ago

We just love little Johnny Doe – we would be such a great kitten to adopt and we’re sure he would be a love bug. We are purring hard for those other kittens too.

Simba
8 years ago

Such sweet kittens. Surely there are some perfect homes somewhere for them.

Whisppy
8 years ago

Poor little babies. We send our purrs and love that they heal quickly and all three of them find their forever loving homes real soon.

Random Felines
8 years ago

We are so glad places like Petsmart are promoting volunteering!! Mom says it takes some of her time but she loves it….

Purrs those babies find homes soon!!!

Admiral Hestorb
Admiral Hestorb
8 years ago

IF I had a billion dollars no such cat(s) would ever be alone or worse. I so wish I could have them all. I can contribute to animal welfare and do. That is my small part in trying to save them. I love them all.
xoxoxo

Katnip Lounge
8 years ago

Purrs for these babies, and all the others out there waiting for homes…

ann dziemianowicz
8 years ago

Brian, you look very distinguished in this photo.

These sweet kitties deserve forever homes. And little Johnny Doe is so adorable. I heart you JD!

Cheysuli
8 years ago

Oh that kit is adorable. I am very glad that I am on the other side of the country in an apartment that only allows ahem…TWO cats.

Kari
8 years ago

That kitty sure is cute!

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
dogisgodinreverse.com

Fuzzy Tales
8 years ago

Purrs for all three, Brian. They’re so precious, surely they’ll find homes sooner than later.

Good for PetSmart! We wonder if the Canadian PetSmart stores are doing the same thing…We would guess so–hope so!

8 years ago

We sure hope lots of people take part in that PetSmart program. I see our shelter is listed … maybe we’ll see some new volunteers in the near future! 🙂

Purring and praying for all three little ones to find their forever homes SOON!

Have a great day, Brian.

Tamago
8 years ago

I hope People Saving Pets will raise a lot of awareness.
These kittens are so cute and I hope they will find loving, forever home very soon!

Penelope
8 years ago

They is such sweet kittens! Me can’t believe that little Johnny is not at a forever home! And Brian, yous a dashing looking Man cat today!
Kisses
Nellie

the Cat Street Boyz
8 years ago

Our Cherokee came from a PetSmart rescue! Quakertown now has a very big PetSmart and Mommy shops there and hits that donation button every time she buys our food, toys, litter…toys and treats!! =^Y^=

Iris
8 years ago

They are all so sweet! I sure hope they find the forever loving homes that they all deserve.
My Peanut came from a Pet Smart rescue! I can’t imagine what my days would be without him.

Diddleymaz
Diddleymaz
8 years ago

We love how your all about helping those less fortunate, purrayers and hugs for the baby cats .

Old Kitty
Old Kitty
8 years ago

Me and Charlie would scoop up little Johnny Doe and these two gorgeous girls asap if we could! Sigh!

hello lovely Brian, Sascha, Gracie, Zoe, Dolly and Precious! take care
x

8 years ago

I share the Admiral’s thoughts. There wouldn’t be a homeless cat in NJ if I had money.

Kwee Cats
8 years ago

We love Petsmart. They do so much good things. We so happy for the baby cats. We gonna keep all them in our purrs and prayers. Thank you so much for all the updates. We often wonder how the ones we purr over are doing.

Abby

Brian
We think that is wonderful of Petsmart!!! Good things will happen and kitties will find forever homes. WE will keep these three babies in our purrs and we know that with your help they will find their forever homes too.
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

mariodacat
8 years ago

Those kittens are adorable. I sure hope they can find a home soon.,

Mayzie
8 years ago

Wow…what a super great thing PetSmart is doing! Volunteers are prolly some of the Most Impawtant peoples in the world, don’t you think?

And my paws are crossed for all those Baby Kittehs. I asked my mom if we could adopt them all and she said no. I found this Most Unreasonable on her part.

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

8 years ago

Oh, we know those cuties will all find wonderful homes real soon!!

Sagira
8 years ago

I cant believe someone wouldn’t snag up those cute kittens. 🙁

Caren Gittleman
8 years ago

we posted about PetSmart as well and love when we see others spreading the word too! (Our post was a few days ago)

Spitty the Kitty
8 years ago

Many purrayers for happy homes for all of them, and special thanks and purrs to the wonderful people who are caring for these little ones till they get furever homes.

Esme
Esme
8 years ago

I cannot believe that these little babies have not been adopted.

Clooney
8 years ago

Purrs to the little sweethearts for healing and good health and finding loving homes!

Bailey
8 years ago

Thanks for telling us about PetSmart — I had no idea!

I hope those kitties find furever homes. I’ll keep my paws crossed for them! 🙂

Woofs & hugs, <3

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

siku marie
8 years ago

We hope the PetSmart program generates lots of awareness and volunteerism at local rescues/shelters…we can never have too much of either.

As for those 3 beautiful babies…we are sending strong woos asking the Universe to send loving hearts and forever homes to each of these precious ones–they each deserve a REAL chance for a happy life.

Chez Cat
8 years ago

We’re also sending purrs for those babies!