The Night Before Christmas 2011

53 Comments on The Night Before Christmas 2011

I always seem to have new blog readers joining me so for those of you that are new, this is a tradition at our home. I read a special version of “The Night Before Christmas” to my sisters. And for my regular friends and followers, thanks for putting up with this one more time. Tradition is tradition after all!

Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it!(My sincere apologies to Clement Moore)

Twas the night before Christmas, we’re home in our house,
I thought I saw something, perhaps it’s a mouse.

Our stockings are hung just a bit up the stairs,
I swear I hear something, but I don’t know from where.

Mom and Dad are still sleeping with Zoe and Grace in the bed,
I ought to go wake them cause I saw something red.

Neither sis is moving, and neither is Dad,
I could wakeup mamma, but she might get mad.

When out in the back yard I heard such a crash
I think there’s a neighbor there stealing our trash.

I peeked out the window and tried hard to see,
I just can’t imagine just what it might be.

The moon sure was shinin’ on a wee bit of frost
I’m sure something’s out there, unless it got lost.

Then all of a sudden my eyes focused near, What’s that?  A sled?  Could those be reindeer?
Wait a minute I thought, as I held up my paws, I bet ya that fat guy must be Santa Claus.

The reindeer they saw me so closer they came,
And Santa started shoutin’ and yelled out their name.

He said “Dasher” then “Dancer” then “Prancer and “Vixen”
Then “Comet” then “Cupid” then “Donder” then “Blitzen”!

Then all of a sudden I stuck out my neck,
I just don’t believe it, they flew to the deck.

The dry leaves were rustling and the wind started to blow,
A zippin’, and scootin’ around the sky they did go.

They went to our roof and landed real hard,
And some toys from the sled ended up in the yard.

I heard something weird but it had a good beat,
By golly it’s tapping of those cute reindeer feet.

My tail was tucked in and I started to run,
When he fell down the chimney and started to hum.

It’s that same great big fat man, the one with the beard,
He looked and he winked and then he just sneered.

I think he’s got cat toys in that great big red sack,
I’m starting to like him, I’ll help him unpack.

He knelt to the floor as slow as he could,
I could tell by his eyes that this human was good.

He finally got down and spread out a mat,
Then invited me over and gave me a pat.

He said he likes kitties and all critters too,
I told him I loved him and gave him a mew.

He looked at our tree then opened that sack,
The toys were for us, nope, he can’t have them back!

He sure seemed so nice that I started to purr,
I looked at his pants, they’re all covered with fur.

Wait, here comes Sascha, Dolly and Precious, I hope that’s not bad,
Cause if they get scared they will wake Mom and Dad.

They came right on in and over they walked,
He said they were pretty, and they started to talk.

He finished unpacking then started to go,
But first said a prayer for Ivan and Moe.

He went to the chimney and stuck out his hand,
Now boy that’s an exit all mighty and grand.

He jumped on his sled and gave the reindeer a shout
And then they took off, just what’s that all about?

You know what he said when the sled pulled away?
“Happy Christmas to kitties, adopt them you may!”

Hannah and Lucy
8 years ago

We had Mum read this to us Brian – she did last year too but we love your poem and it makes us feel all warm and fuzzy about Santa.
Happy Christmas to you all

Hilary
8 years ago

Brian, I loved this post last Christmas, and I love it even more this Christmas. I hope you and your family have a very merry!

Alex sends Gracie big gigantic christmas kisses…. he doesn’t need mistle toe you know.

Marg
8 years ago

That is just the best. BB here, I sat on Mom’s lap and she read the night before Christmas to me. It is the best story every.Brian, you sure do write good stories. We really really did enjoy it. And a very Merry Christmas to all of you. Take care.

Simba
8 years ago

Brian, what a wonderful version of the Night Before Christmas! We just love it.

Sage
8 years ago

That was lovely, Brian! You are such a good reader. We hope Santa is VERY good to all of the kittehs in your house–I promised not to chase mine for one whole day. I thought that was a perfect present!

Artemisia, Fenris, Socks & Scylla

Thank you for reading this to us again and we are purring a Christmas Wish that all cats and dogs find a loving home.

Cats of wildcat woods
8 years ago

We all love this version of the poem – it is better than the original!!!

Merry Christmas from our house to yours! We love you guys and hope the New Year is a great one with lots of pets finding forever homes!

Madness, Trouble, Squish & Milkbone

Merry Christmas. Very cool poem.

Cat Mandu
8 years ago

Brian, you are so talented.
I could never write a poem like that!
Mandu

Milo and Alfie
8 years ago

Brian, that was wonderful. Christmas blessings to you and yours ~ and all homeless kittens and cats everywhere.
Happy Christmas dear friends ~ and a joyful and healthy new year to you all. xx

jansfunnyfarm
8 years ago

This is such a nice tradition!

We’re thankful to have you all as friends and appreciate the work you do to help save furries. A very Merry Christmas and a special 2012!

brandi
brandi

We love your tradition!
Sending lots of love and cheer for you all, and Happy Holidays!

Angel and Kirby and Mac

We love your version if the story! Merry Christmas!

Old Kitty
Old Kitty
8 years ago

Awwwwww gorgeous and most wonderful Brian! Me and Charlie are entranced by your poem! We love it!! It’s just magical!

We hope adorable sisters Sascha, Precious, Gracie, Zoe and Dolly enjoyed your fab poem as much as we did!! Yay!!!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!! Take care
x

Sweet Purrfections
8 years ago

This was our first time hearing this story and we LOVE it. Merry Christmas.

Truffle and Brulee

Forty Paws
8 years ago

That’s the first time that we read your story. It was great!

Luf, Us

Whisppy
8 years ago

We love this post. We don’t have a chimney so we wonder how Santa would leave us our toys?
Merry Christmas everyone!

Cheysuli
8 years ago

I think that’s closer to what Santa would say…

Jacqueline
8 years ago

Adorable photo and we love your version of the Night Before Christmas=very innovative and entertaining, handsome boy!…We are so blessed to have you guys in our lives; wishing you all a safe and Merry Christmas, precious friends…love and hugs…J, Calle, Halle, Sukki, Mommy Cat, Daddy Cat

Mr Puddy
8 years ago

Santa Brain !!!!! Ho Ho Ho !!!!…Pawsome Story !!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family
Have a purrfect one ! Ho Ho Ho !
Love
xoxo

PS : I will be away for 3 weeks, see you when I get back : )

8 years ago

We never get tired of your Night Before Christmas, Brian!! Merry Christmas Eve to all of you! oxoxo

Luxington
8 years ago

Happy Christmas Furiends! Brian, you look so good with that Santa hat and beard! Thank you for reading your story to us 🙂

Katnip Lounge
8 years ago

Brian, this poem is great EVERY year! We like your tradition. Also the part about the trash had Mommy laughing out loud!

Meowy Katmas from the Horde at the Katnip Lounge!

Layla Morgan Wilde (Cat Wisdom 101.com)

This is the BEST version of the poem! And the Santa beard made mom’s belly jiggle like a bowl full of jelly. Merry Christmas to you and your family with and without fur.

Eric and Flynn
8 years ago

We love to listen to your story Brian, it’s a great tradition. Merry Christmas to you and all your family.

Kari
8 years ago

You look good in that hat and beard 😉

Stop on by for a visit
Kari

Fraidy Cats
8 years ago

::clapping paws:: we love your story, Brian! Thanks for sharing it again – we think it’s a wonderful tradition 🙂 Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

Tamago

We love your story and Santa outfit, Brian!! Your beard looks very nice 🙂
We wish you all have a very happy holiday season. Merry Christmas and a happy new year!!

Clooney
8 years ago

Brian, that is fantastic, we love your version! Merry Christmas to all at your house! (Psst…can you let Clooney Claus in…I’m here with the goods!)

Kwee Cats
8 years ago

Hi Brian! This is our first time to get to read your Christmas poem and we LOVE it! We sure hope you gets lots of toys this Christmas, and that your sisfurs do too. And we hope your whole happy beautiful family has a very Merry Christmas full of bunches of love.

Hugs and purrs!
P.S., We are sorry we missed your gotcha day… so Happy Gotcha a few Days late 🙂

Jb
Jb
8 years ago

That is a great version! Merry Christmas to you all!
-JB

KimT
8 years ago

Merry, Merry Christmas, Brian – and to all your sisfurs and your family! Your friendship is one of the best gifts I’ve ever received, too 🙂 xx

8 years ago

TW read this to me and I bit her toward the end. I do love thata but I wanted to play. Merry Christmas to all the Frums.

Sparkle
8 years ago

I like this WAY better than the original, Brian! I think it has a way more important message! Meowy Catmas to you, your sisters and your humans!

GrammyMouseTails
8 years ago

I love your version Brain! you read it very well too. And make a handsome Santa Paws.
I make sure to put extra treats outside this time of year for all the wild critters too. They deserve a present. I hope lots of kittys & doggys find forever homes this Christmas.

Slash & Bronzy
8 years ago

We always knew Santa loved kitties!!!

Penelope
8 years ago

Brian, me LOVES your Night Before Christmas! Wes patiently waiting for Santa Paws! Every year he comes on the fire truck and stops at every house in our village! Me is going to put up the pictures of him at my house as soon as he comes!
Me is getting furry excited and Kozmo is bouncing off the walls!
Kisses
Nellie

Catherine
8 years ago

That is a terrific Christmas story! It is sending me to bed with a warm heart and a big smile! Sweet Christmas dreams kitties!
xo Catherine

Esme
Esme
8 years ago

Merry Christmas I hope there is something fluffy and chewy and tasty in all your stockings.

caren gittleman
8 years ago

I want to see this FOREVER AND FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just adore it and YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope your Christmas is full of all of the blessings that you give to soooo many kitties and to all of us!

xoxoxo

Oui Oui
8 years ago

What a great poem. We liked the part about the neighbors stealing your trash! We always knew your house was special, we just didn’t know how much. Merry Christmas to all!

Abby

We loved it again Brian!
Merry Christmas
Abby

Pip
Pip

Merry Christmas, Brian!

Your pal, Pip

Amber DaWeenie
8 years ago

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

Iris
8 years ago

Thank you sweet Brian! That was wonderful.
Have a wonderful Christmas.

PS
We are very happy to have you as our friend too. Friends are the best!!

Jackie
8 years ago

What a super Christmas pome, Mr. Brian! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Chez Cat
8 years ago

That was so great! Thanks for reading that to us!

Cheyenne-Millie
8 years ago

My! What a wonderful poem! We hopes you have a wonderful Christmas! And you looks very handsome with a white beard!

Father Tom
8 years ago

Brian, we love love loved it! Please feel free to have it every year. Trust me, we’ll never tire of it!

May you all have the happiest of holidays from us!

Tom, Mittens & mom Julie

Sagira
8 years ago

Love your story and your tradition. 🙂

Fin
Fin
8 years ago

Happiest of Holidays to you!! And I like the tradition!

Meg & Fin

Willow
8 years ago

Brian, Merry Christmas to you and all of your family! China Cat and I just loved your story and we had the Food Lady read it to our Big Janitor Dad! We really hope that all of you had a wonderful holiday today!

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs, Willow