Thankful Thursday Housecalls

20 Comments on Thankful Thursday Housecalls

Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it!

Okay, today I must admit, on behalf of all of us, that this Thankful Thursday is just a wee bit selfish.  Not to be confused with shell fish!

Today we are all thankful for housecalls.  Yes, housecalls.  You see, one of our favorite Vets recently left our local practice and went to work for the folks at Hills Science Diet.  While we do have another favorite Vet at another practice, none of us like the process.  None of us here like to be stuffed in a carrier and have the door locked on us.  And none of us like going for a car ride.  I really, really don’t like that car ride stuff and typically will shout my displeasure at the top of my voice.  The whole process is no fun at all.  Now let me state that we are all just fine when we get to the Vet place, but we all find the process very, very stressful.

So today we are all thankful for a new Vet who owns a somewhat new practice called Upstate Home Veterinary Care.  She only does in-home care and that means she comes to your place.  More specifically, she is coming to our place today at 4:00PM.  I just had all my stuff done so I’ll just be greeting her, but everyone else is going to get all their annual things done.  Sister Gracie is going to get her lungs listened to since her asthma has been pretty bad, but she doesn’t know it yet.  This is the same Vet that treats our Grandma’s cat Kit and we’ve heard many good things about her.  I’ll let you know next week how the housecall went.

We are thankful that there won’t be too many car rides coming up.  That alone is enough to make a kitty purr.

Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Max the Quilt Cat
8 years ago

We’ll be looking for someone in our area that does that. That sounds like a terrific idea.

Hope it all goes well.

pawhugs, Max

8 years ago

Admiral also had a traveling Vet sometimes. But she, Admiral, got suspicious after a few visits MOL and sometimes went missing UTB because when mom closed a few key doors, Admiral sped thru another door to get UTB before mom could get it closed. Admiral was a crafty little girl! xoxox

Cat's Cats
8 years ago

I think it’s a fantastic idea Brian!!!! After my boys visit to the vet for their annual check up a few weeks ago I was thinking that housecalls for us would be a good idea 🙂

Marg
8 years ago

Oh Wow, our Mom would love to have a house call from a vet. We could get everyone done at once, or at least the ones that we could find. Hope the visit goes well. Have a great day.

Diane@BibliophilebytheSea

Brian, don’t tell the others other the vet coming other. They’ll probably hide for the day —smarties that they are.

Fuzzy Tales
8 years ago

Best of luck with the house call. Our mom would love it if vets, or even one good vet, did that here, but they don’t, to our knowledge. Certainly none at our current clinic does.

Paws crossed for Sister Gracie!

Whisppy
8 years ago

Mommy has been toying with the idea of getting a vet drop by the house but she worries that it might make us feel insecure (the house is supposed to be a safe place!).
We are curious how you find your experience.

Old Kitty
Old Kitty
8 years ago

Me and Charlie are so happy you have a great vet who make housecalls! Yay!!! We hope sister Gracie will be ok though – awww poor sweetie and her asthma!

Take care
x

Simba
8 years ago

Oh, that is a good thing to be thankful for. In a related way, we are thankful that the Vet will come to Parker’s house to help her to the Bridge today. That her parents don’t have to take her to the Vet Clinic for that.

Angel and Kirby
8 years ago

That is a good idea. WE wondered if a house call was cheaper/more costly than an office visit

Sage
8 years ago

Our Mystic would think that would be heavenly! She just had to make two trips to the vet and it wasn’t fun. No, not at all.

She’s OK, just a regular checkup with a senior wellness thrown in.

Callie (a.k.a. Trouble)

Wow, house call vets – what a clever idea. Although we only live about 2 miles from our vet, Mommie says that with the hollering and drama from us, you would think that the drive was 200 miles long!

Random Felines
8 years ago

Good luck!! Mom still has to catch some of us, but it isn’t nearly as bad as being shoved in the carriers and having to ride in the car and wait in the waiting room and…. you get the point. 🙂

Hannah and Lucy
8 years ago

Mum wishes our vets did home visits as we are always sick in the car (and we wimper so Mum feels even guiltier)!

Sparkle
8 years ago

Lucky you! Going to the vet is so stressful for me that my human put off a shot I needed for a couple of weeks, just ’cause she was fretting over it. I’ll be interested in hearing how your visit FROM the vet went!

8 years ago

How pawsome is that? A vet who makes housecalls! How does she steal blood or clean teeth or do x-rays or get you to sit still for shots and anal probes?? I hate the car ride too and yell all the way.

Sagira
8 years ago

That sure is one caring vet to make house calls. 🙂

Abby
8 years ago

Mom is really thinking she would like to find a visiting vet as none of us likes to be stuffed into carriers either. We can’t wait to hear what you thought.
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

8 years ago

Brian, we wish we could find a v-e-t that made house calls. Zoey gets so stressed out going to the v-e-t, that she goes wild and the v-e-t cannot even examine her. She’s just lucky to get a shot in her. Which is bad because if Zoey really needs any treatment, she will probably have to be sedated.

Catherine
8 years ago

Hooray for nice new vets!
xo Catherine