Thankful Thursday: Pulling Together to Help the Wildfire Victims

Check out our new article on Pet Adoption at Petango.com

Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it!

I got an email the other day from my friends at the Dumb Friends League (nice they named it after our humans!) about the awful wildfires, especially in the Colorado area.  They, and others, have dispatched teams to the area to help with the displaced critters.  Can you just imagine how scared the critters must be?   And those poor critters that were already in shelters there waiting for homes, it is just so sad.

I had a couple of emails from some pals wanting to know the best way to help them out, and I remembered the newsletter I got.  First, you can visit the Forest Fire Help page at the Dumb Friends League. There you will see that they recommend the following organizations:

Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region (www.hsppr.org)
Larimer Humane Society (www.larimerhumane.org)
Humane Society of Boulder Valley (www.boulderhumane.org)
PetAid Disaster Relief Fund (www.petaidcolorado.org)
Dumb Friends League (www.ddfl.org)

So please, if you can, help them out.  And please spread the word to others.  I am so thankful there are organizations with paws on the ground helping out.  Now, perhaps, we can help the helpers.

Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Diane@BibliophilebytheSea

Thanks for spreading the word Brian. BTW – you look pretty darn comfortable on the scratcher.

Feeling Beachie - Hilary & Alex

Brian – you are such a great guy always helping others….

mariodacat
8 years ago

What a handsome dude that is on the cat scratcher, ohhhh, I guess that’s you!! eh he
Thanks for giving us the link to help the animals caught up in the fire area. We feel so bad for all the humans and animals in the area of where the fires are – so devastating.

Marg
8 years ago

Brian, you look so thoughtful there on your scratcher and we all need to think about all the poor critters out there in those fires. Thanks for the info on how to help them. We sure will check it out. Hope all of you can stay cool today. Getting hot again, darn it all.

Marg
8 years ago

That Dumb Friends League page is really a great page. They sound like they are terrific.

8 years ago

Brian, thank you for this info and addresses. xoxoxox

Fur Everywhere
8 years ago

Brian, thank you for sharing all of this information! I live in Colorado, and I can tell you the fires are horrible. 🙁 I cannot even imagine how hard it must be for those people and fur babies who have lost their homes. It is really sad. The Dumb Friends League has done a lot to help displaced animals over the several years I’ve been here. I’m really glad they are helping the animals now, too. We pray the fires will be put out very soon and that all the displaced people and animals can either go back to their… Read more »

Hannah and Lucy
8 years ago

Thanks for the info Brian – the Dumb Friends League sound great.

Mollie
8 years ago

Weee’s live in the UK, soo we don’t alway’s hear what is going on. Thanks Brian for keeping us informed 🙂 We lives soo far away to elps but we will be finking of all the critters and the Humons.
Huggies Mollie and Alfie x

Cat's Cats
8 years ago

The fires are very scary!!! We are so glad there are people there to help, thanks for spreading the word Brian.

8 years ago

Great post. It’s good to know reputable places to donate to!

The Florida Furkids and Lexi

8 years ago

Thanks for that info, Brian. We’ll get our mom to check out those sites and help those poor animals!

Random Felines
8 years ago

we are very thankful that these organizations are stepping up to help…. thanks for letting us know

Whisppy
8 years ago

Our hearts go out to those in the path of the fires. It is just so scary for everyone, both the humans and animals. Thank you for sharing the information, Brian.

MaxtheQuiltCat
8 years ago

I’m on my way to the Dumb Friends Page. Thanks for the heads up.

Have a great day.

pawhugs, Max, Bugsy, and Knuckles

Callie (a.k.a. Trouble)

Thanks for keeping us updated Brian. Our paws are crossed for all of the animals in the danger zone.

Iris
8 years ago

It is always so sad for the animals when wildfires hit. I will check out the Dumb Friends Page right now.
A beautiful picture of you today, Brian.

Purrs and hugs

Nerissa's Life
8 years ago

That’s great information, Brian! I tweeted your link so that even more cats and their peeps could read it. purrs

Tamago
8 years ago

We feel so sad to hear about the horrible wildfire. I made a little contribution and hope it can help. Thank you for all your information, Brian.

Cheysuli
8 years ago

I know the woman reposted the Larimer link because a friend of hers posted it. She lives in Fort Collins, but fortunately so far she is safe but has friends who lost a home.

Marilia
8 years ago

Oh, my… fireworks are so dangerous!!!!!!!!
Thanks to help and share, Brian!

Sparkle
8 years ago

I’m so glad to hear there are teams out helping these animals – and I am sure they need OUR help!

Layla
8 years ago

Brian, thanks for this excellent info. Fire damages in many ways. I am forced to stop blogging until get a new computer (freak electrical storm fried my motherboard.)

Emma and Buster
8 years ago

awful is really the word, being from california we are always in fear of the wildfires. a friend of our humans recently sold the house they owned in colorado springs. a week ago they got a call from the police in colorado springs saying their house was burned down. they’ve had a hard time selling that house and only in march did the sale closed now the new owners had no home, very sad.

KIPPY e LILLY

Olá Brian e turminha…
Passei para dar oi e saber se estão todos bem.
Comigo tudo legal.
Ótima tarde amigos queridos e fiquem com o Papai do Céu.
aus 1000 e beijos 1000 das amigas do Brasil…

KIPPY & LILLY

prancer pie
8 years ago

Great info. We’ll link back to this post tonight. Happy Thursday and we’ll be purrin fur all those affected by those awful wildfires.

Mark's Mews
8 years ago

Thanks fer the info on good places that help those like us!

Caren Gittleman
8 years ago

tweeted and posted on our Facebook page!

Sagira
8 years ago

Thank you for sharing all that information. 🙂

Abby

Brian
This is a great list, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Fraidy Cats
8 years ago

thanks for the info, Brian! we’ll be sure to check out those links to see how we can help out. purrs,

Pip, SMidgen, Minnie, Hollie

~E
~E
8 years ago

Brian, we are honored to be a friend of yours on here.

ann dziemianowicz
8 years ago

Brian, you are lookin’ good! (as always!) I heart tabbies.

Thank you for sharing this valuable information! It is such a tragedy in CO.

I shared your post on Careers for Your Cat FB page. Thank you for all the wonderful work you do for our animal friends!

Devoted to Willow
8 years ago

These are very useful list with groups like the Dumb Friends League and others on the internet we are better able to help those that affected by these tragedies.
Brian your articles on petango always show new things about adoptions thanks so much for all of this information.

Spitty the Kitty
8 years ago

Thanks for spreading the good word, Brian. We’ll go see if we can help out a little!

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties

It’s great that someone has their feet on the ground helping! Here’s to spreading the word!

Kwee Cats
8 years ago

We purring and praying for all those sweet wonderful critters, Mr. Brian. Good things happen when we all work together. Keep up the great work you guys contribute. We sure are proud of you – a hero to us all 🙂

Have a happy!