Sister Saturday with Dolly

38 Comments on Sister Saturday with Dolly

Brian's Home, adopt cats, we deserve it!Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well today.  I’m doing darn good!  I don’t know if you recall or not, but I had a bit of what the Vet called Allergic Dermatitis.  It kind of looked like dandruff and my furs weren’t looking their best.   The Vet said I should have some Omega-3 Fish Oil, so Dad punctures a capsule and puts it on my wet food and sure enough, that darn stuff has all cleared up now.  I sure am glad too, I don’t like having messy furs.

We are a bit sad though, our favorite Vet that we just found, the one that comes to the house, has now shut down their practice.  It seems that they couldn’t get enough business to keep them and their family going.  That is such a shame because them coming to the house was such a good idea.  We sure are going to miss them and now we’re going to have to travel to the Vet.  None of us really like that.  But hey, we can’t blame the Vet, humans gotta eat too.  We want to thank her for her excellent care and we hope to see her again sometime.  She says she will be filling in at other Vet places in town so you never know.

Have a great weekend everyone and I’ll see you next time. Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Fuzzy Tales
8 years ago

Sister Dolly, we’re glad the Omega-3 had cleared up the skin problem, that’s great.

Too bad about the vet, though! It’s such a great idea, most unfortunate she couldn’t make a go of it. You’d think there’d be HIGH demand for in-home vet services!

Marg
8 years ago

Sister Dolly, your furs are looking gorgeous. That is really too bad about the vet having to give up her practice. Hope all of you have a great Saturday.

Pepi,Xixo,Juja and Jujuba

Dear little friend Brian,
Thank you so very much for your nice visit
We feel sorry that you and your sisters have to travel to the vet now.
Dolly´s furs look very nice.
We wish all of you a great weekend
Many Purrs from your friends
Pepi, Xixo, Juja and Jujuba

Diane@BibliophilebytheSea

Dolly’s fur looks awesome — such a pretty girl. Sorry about you Vet closing up shop — that was so convenient.

Mollie
8 years ago

Dolly, yoo’s look’s a picture 🙂 Shame about de Vet..that’s great when they come to yoo’s and you don’t need to travel..
Have a great weekend x

Hannah and Lucy
8 years ago

That fish oil has made your coat so lush Dolly – what a shame she didn’t get enough work to do house visits full time – we wish there was one her who would do house calls.

Zee and Zoey
8 years ago

Dolly – so glad you had a quick and easy fix to make your furs so pretty again! Very sad news about your vet… just a tough time in this world for so many of us.

Eric and Flynn
8 years ago

Your fur looks lovely Dolly. Mum said she will try putting fish oil in my food because I get the itchies and then I get dandruff. I usually have to get injected because I start to dig myself raw, but I haven’t done that this year. She doesn’t want me to have injections unless nothing else works because it affects my liver numbers.
Eric

prancer pie
8 years ago

You look fabulous, Dolly! We’d never know that you had allergic dermatitis! That fish oil must be good stuff. Happy Caturday!

Whisppy
8 years ago

We’re so glad your allergy cleared up and now your fur is all beautiful again. Nothing like beautiful furs to make a girl feel pretty. 🙂
We’re sorry your favorite vet had to close down though we hope she might be able to offer home visits to some of her clients later on.

Simba
8 years ago

That fish oil sounds like a very good medicine for allergic dermatitis. We wish your Vet the best. We are sure you much prefer having a vet who will make house calls. It is the part about going in the car that we hate the most, and cry about.

Cheysuli
8 years ago

This makes us very sad that your vet did not get enough business. I know that around here that is becoming very popular and there are several in our area.

Cats of wildcat woods
8 years ago

Looking good Dolly. Glad the oil caps worked. So sorry to hear about your vet. It is a tough business world out there.

Katnip Lounge
8 years ago

Mommy is going to try some fish oil in our foods! We wish there was a housecall vet in our area; we know you will miss yours. Bummer.

The Teacher's Pets
8 years ago

Having a vet come to the house is a very cool idea! We had a vet visit us once but the travel time for her was too much so we just get in the car and go there instead.
So glad your dermatitis is all better now! Fish oil does miraculous things and it’s a very cheap cure all!

Speedy Rabbit

looking real purdy(pretty)

Ryker's Boyz 'n' Allie

We’ve heard wonderful things about how nice it is to have a vet come to your house…*sigh* we’ve never been so lucky. But thankfully we’re literally 2 blocks away from ours, so not too awful. We’ve also heard great things about those Omega 3’s – and hey, did someone say FISH?!?! So glad the fish oil worked on your luverly furs, Dolly!!

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties

Looking beautiful Sister Dolly! We’re sorry about your vet though, having them come to the house was probably a wonderful idea.

GreatGranny
GreatGranny
8 years ago

Dear Dolly, your floofy furs look very good. Sorry to hear your favorite Vet can’t visit anymore. Mom travels a long way to see my Vet, coz we don’t like the local Vet. That fish oil sounds good.
Kassey

Layla
8 years ago

We are big on Omega 3 and we all love the oily goodness. Good luck finding a great new vet, maybe a mobile one?

Mark's Mews
8 years ago

Too bad about yer house-visiting Vet! We hope you find another good one…

8 years ago

Sister Dolly, you are a gorgeous radiant girly. Mommy gonna give me some of that too.

Angel and Kirby
8 years ago

I am so glad the fish oil worked. Too bad the vet is closing his practice!

Marilia
8 years ago

Oh Dolly, sorry about your the vet. Have a great Sunday!

Sparkle
8 years ago

Oh, that is a bummer about your vet! I wish we had one that did home visits.

8 years ago

Oh we’re so sorry to hear about your favorite vet. When we checked to see if there was a vet in our area that came to the home, we found one, but he’s not taking any new customers. Seems like he’d rather set up shop at groomers and places like that so he can see more clients. Which to us, defeats the purpose because we’d hafta still go someplace to see the vet.

FiveSibesMom
8 years ago

Dolly, you sure are looking beautiful! So glad to hear your dermatitis cleared up! Sorry about the traveling vet…wish more did that today. Stay well!

Amber DaWeenie
8 years ago

Glad your furs are better, but sorry you lost your home vet! Hope you’re having a great Saturday! Or is that “Caturday”. 🙂

KimT
8 years ago

Those fish oil capsules work like magic in so many ways for cats! Not particularly thrilled with how the hands smell after handling them though … lol

Sorry about your vet, that sure is a bummer. Maybe if we wish hard enough she’ll be able to get back to doing her practice!

Sweet Purrfections
8 years ago

So glad the Omega 3 worked for you. Mom Paula thinks Truffle may have a little feline acne on her chin.

Spitty the Kitty

Dolly! You look simply cat-tastic! And your furz is speshully gorgeous XOXOXO

Sorry you will have to travel to the stabby place, though. Stay really healthy and you won’t has to go 😉

easy rider
8 years ago

Glad your fur is in a fabulous condition again!!! I had to take this fishy-oil too but it doesn’t work for my allergy on my paws :o(

Catherine
8 years ago

I’m glad you are feeling better – so sorry about your vet. Hopefully you will find a new one!
xo Catherine

caren gittleman
8 years ago

so glad the dandruff cleared up but that is sad about your vet.

I think there is a directory of mobile vets online, maybe there is another in your area that you aren’t aware of? I sure hope you find another!

8 years ago

That is so sad! You just find a vet and they close down.

Connie
8 years ago

I too am sorry to hear about your vet. It is a shame more people don’t understand how valuable a home visit can be.

da tabbies o trout towne
da tabbies o trout towne
8 years ago

ewe R our kinda gal dolly…fish oil ….

🙂 =^..^=

a few nice hunks oh trout layin on de floor for rollin round in werks two…just in case yur dad doez knot haz enuff energee ta punch that capzool

Savannah NanaMo
8 years ago

It is a tough time for the peeps right now…so many very talented peeps, and the business is just not there. Especially hard on those like your vet who are in business for themselves. And we cats suffer too when our caretakers don’t have the money to spend on our health care…sigh…paw pats, Savvy