Sister Saturday with Gracie and her Vet visit

56 Comments on Sister Saturday with Gracie and her Vet visit

Brian's Home.  Adopt cats, we deserve it!
Hello everyone, it’s me Gracie!  I’ve been doing pretty darn good recently, so imagine my surprise when I got stuffed in the PTU and then went for a long car ride to visit my Internal Medicine Vet, Dr. Laura Cousins, at Upstate Veterinary Specialists.  Feel free to check out their link, they are very special and very caring.

Anyways, we finally got there and I was getting a little nervous in the waiting room. When we finally got in an exam room (Dad says it wasn’t all that long) I was fine, and Dad opened the top of the PTU so he could pet me and I could look around.  I had to go in for a check up after being off of my antibiotics for a month.  The Vet wanted to make sure that the nasty pneumonia was really all the way gone.

Then Dr. Cousins came in to see me.  She is a very nice lady and she likes me a lot.  She picked me up to carry me to the back for x-rays of my lungs.  When she picked me up she placed her hands over my eyes and whispered in my ear.  She said “I’m going to cover your eyes because there are some doggies back there”.  She remembered that I was attacked by dogs as a wee kitten and they make me nervous.  She said I was very good and didn’t fuss at all about the x-rays.

The good news is that my she say my lungs look great and there isn’t any hint of the nasty pneumonia.  Now for a little bit of bad news.  Okay, it’s not really bad news, it’s more like no fun news.  I’ve gained a pound.  That’s not good for me, or so my Dad and Dr. Cousins say.  I’ve been taking an antihistamine to help keep my respiratory things cleared up.  I started taking this one when I was in the hospital for ten days.  The yuck I had was very stubborn and they found this one by trial and error and it worked for me. Unfortunately it is also an appetite stimulant.  Oops.  I guess it has been stimulating a little too much.  So, we’re going to try me on another antihistamine, one that won’t stimulate my appetite.   I don’t have to go back for another follow up for six months, unless something happens that makes another visit necessary.  The word DIET never actually came up, but I did hear my Dad mention something about portion control.  I don’t know quite what to think about that.  But overall I am healthy, and we are all happy about that.

My Dad and I are very sad for Dr. Cousins.  She is a very kind Vet and a wonderful pet person.  Her 14 year old kitty (inside only) somehow slipped out of the house and has been missing.  She is very, very sad and has been hunting for her everywhere.  We know she is hurting and we are purring and praying for her dear kitty.

I hope you all have a great weekend and I wish you warmth and snuggles.  See you next time.  Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Emma and Buster
6 years ago

Oh what a great news Sister Gracie. We are so happy that you have made full recovery and that you look so pretty for someone who has put on some weight 🙂

Ann Staub
6 years ago

Wow Gracie. Your special doctor sounds great! So glad that you are all better now, except for the pound thingy but maybe it’s a good sign after all 😉 Hope that your doctor is able to find her missing kitty. We never did find ours 🙁

Molly The Wally
6 years ago

Yikes PORTION CONTROL & DIETS are not words we like to hear. Glad you are all better sweet gal. Sorry to read about your vets’ cat. We pray they find her kitty.
Have a super Saturday.
Best wishes Molly

Fuzzy Tales
6 years ago

Sister Gracie, we’re glad your vet check went so well, gaining a pound notwithstanding. Surely your dad meant “portion control” in relation to himself, though, right? Not you!

We’re sending purrs to Dr. Cousins and her missing cat, purraying the cat will be found/come home soon.

Marg
6 years ago

Dr. Cousins does sound like a special vet. We are so sorry about her cat. We know all about them disappearing. It is much worse that having a cat go over the bridge. Our Bees has been gone for 3 months now. The not knowing is the worst.
Gracie, we are so glad you are all better. We just think you are the greatest with a terrific personality.
Take care.

Deb Barnes - Zee and Zoey

Oh Gracie, it’s always something… Glad to hear you are feeling better and we hope and pray that Dr. Cousins will find her kitty…

6 years ago

It sure sounds like you have a pawsome VET. We hope her kitty comes home soon.

Ugh….Portion control? That doesn’t sound like any fun. We’re glad that nasty stuff is gone from your lungs and that you’re doing so well!!!

Hannah and Lucy
6 years ago

Surely all of you will have portion control Gracie – including your Mom and Dad!!!

easy rider
6 years ago

Gracie I’m so glad your lungs are ok. I’m sure you can manage that die-thingy very well. Girls are much better in diet than boys :o) I will cross my paws for Dr. Cousins kitty. Have a good caturday

Oz the Terrier
6 years ago

Oh Gracie, you are such a brave kitty when you are at the vet’s office. I am so glad your nasty pee-namonia is all gone. But a diet?!? Dear dawg…that doesn’t sound like any fun.
Be well. *nosetaps* to all.
Oz

6 years ago

Gracie thank goodness that you are still alright! And that silly portion control…you can ace that in a minute! Don’t EVEN worry about that.

I know that Dr. Cousins is devastated. Those of our mommy’s and Daddy’s with indoor-only babies are always on guard that never happens to us. But sometimes no matter how hard we try, it does. It’s a tragedy.

Sweet Purrfections
6 years ago

So glad to hear you are doing better.

Laila and Minchie
6 years ago

Happy to hear you had a great vet visit. Hope the vet’s kitty comes home soon. Have a great weekend!

Sparkle
6 years ago

Except for the extra pound and “portion control” thing, it sounds like a great vet visit, Gracie! I am purring lots for Dr. Cousins to find her kitty.

Pat Hatt
6 years ago

Portion control is not a fun thing to hear, you just need to be chased around more and played with to keep that weight off, right? Glad to hear better you are.

Clooney
6 years ago

We are so happy that your lungs are all clear Gracie, that is awesome! Sounds like you have a wonderful Dr. and that it is a great clinic. Sending purrs and prayers to Dr. Cousins for her kitty to be safe and be found soon.

Annie

Gracie,
I just love this picture of you with your sweet crossed paws (something Lucy did all the time and I’m just a sucker for it). I’m so happy to hear you’re healthy. About the pound, that’s something I’ve been fighting with Annie on and have attempted portion control, but it doesn’t always work. Anyway, I’m so glad you have such a kind vet. I will pray that she finds her kitty. That is so very sad.

Fern Reed
6 years ago

Gracie, I am so happy to hear your lungs are in great shape!! I know how having a multi cat household, it is almost impossible to keep weight down on a cat that loves to eat!!! Our Circle is way too heavy and she steels food from the kittens all the time and they let her!!!!!!

Layla
6 years ago

this is great news about Gracie and heartbreaking news about your vet’s missing cat. It’s the worst kind of anguish and I hope she has lots of help looking.

Marks Mews
6 years ago

We are very glad ta hear ya hadda good V-E-T visit. But “portion control” sounds awfully lot like “diet” ta us!

Angel Abby
6 years ago

Gracie we are so very glad about your Vet visit and maybe your Dad will be slowly cutting back on the portions and you wont even notice until that pound is gone. We are purring for Dr Cousins kitty.

Gin and Bailey
Gin and Bailey
6 years ago

Great news Gracie…..we will say a prayer for the Vet’s lost kitty…my, how hard would that be! Brian, tell Mom & Dad hi for us too & your sisters too……

speedyrabbit
6 years ago

oh thats great news for you Gracie,hehee I’m on a diet too,so not to worry,sad for Dr Cousins,though,xx Speedy

6 years ago

Great news for you but sad for Dr. Cousins. I hope she finds her cat. I also hope you don’t have to hear the diet word.

Hilary
6 years ago

Oh Gracie, what great news… and as for the pound that is just a sign of you being health!

Connie
6 years ago

So glad to hear you healed up so well you were able to put on a little weight..

Shaggy and Scout
6 years ago

It’s great news that you are better!!! Our mom has been mumbling about portion control too.

Madi and Mom
6 years ago

Gracie…I’m so glad the nasty pneumonia is gone…and OH me Dr. Cousins cat is missing she must be very scared.. I am so sorry Please let us know when she is found.

D I E T is a four letter HBO word. That is all I have to say that and my mom counts my kibble that she gives me.
hugs madi your bfff

Caren Gittleman
6 years ago

We are so glad you are doing better, don’t worry too much about the 1 lb gain, I bet that will come off soon.
We are worried about that kitty that got out, hope she comes home soon, safe and sound xoxo

IndulgedFurries
6 years ago

Gracie, I’m so glad to hear your check-up went so well. I also struggle to keep my weight under control and I’m encouraged to play more often. I hope you’re able to stop taking antihistamines soon and not wanting to eat so much.
I’ll send “go home” thoughts to Dr. Cousin’s kitty. Hopefully she will be ok and will get home safely.

Sammy
6 years ago

Oh Gracie I’m glad you got a good report from the doctor…..now I purrrrsonally like full-figured gals but if the doc thinks it’s not healthy for you to be a plus-size, well, I just bet you can cut back on SOMETHING – just to make her happy!!

Hugs, Sammy

Sue Brandes
Sue Brandes
6 years ago

Gracie I am so glad you are doing well. Sorry that your vet lost her kitty. Praying she comes back soon. Have a great weekend.

Georgia and Julie
6 years ago

Gracie, we are SO happy you had an excellent review
from the Vet 🙂 Don’t worry about portion control.
We do that here. If some kitty does not finish all their
food, another kitty( Georgia) will eat it!
She is supposed to lose some weight too.
Mom has not been a good monitor,heehee
We will purr very hard for the Vet’s kitty to come home.
That is very sad news.
Purrs Georgia and Julie,
Treasure,JJ
and Angels Tiger and Tillie

Flynn
6 years ago

That is good news that your X rays were clear Gracie. That portion control sounds suspiciously like diet to me.
I hope your vet’s kitty is found safe and well.

Penelope
6 years ago

Oh Dear! Gracie, wes purraying that Dr Cousin’s kitty get found soon and we is so furry happy that yous is doing well. And me is sorry thaty ous will has to has “portion control”! Mes thinks Jo-Jo needs portion control!!!
Kisses to yous all!
Nellie

Judy & C.A.T.S
Judy & C.A.T.S
6 years ago

We are so happy that you are feeling better, Gracie. Sorry to hear that you have to have “portion control” because the medication made you gain weight. We will be purring that Dr. Cousins finds her dear kitty. She sounds like a wonderful and caring vet. Love, Cali, Andy, Tater and Shelly (C.A.T.S)

Scylla,
6 years ago

Oh, we are all very sad about the missing kitty. We has our paws crossed the Vet’s cat is found and that she is OK.

I know all about PORTION CONTROL. It’s not so bad once you get used to it. Us full figured girls have to eat less and exercise more. I am just glad Brian loves me no matter what I weigh.

emma
6 years ago

Sounds like kitty needs a workout program. Mom had Bert chasing his fishing pole up and down the stairs when he needed to lose weight. She said it was a good work out for both of them. That is so sad about you Vet’s kitty. We lost my cat bro Tom like that 5 1/2 yrs ago. One minute he was there and then he just vanished. For over a year Mom kept looking for him and thinking she would see him but he never reappeared. He was only about 10. He was a rescue cat so we weren’t exactly… Read more »

Katnip Lounge
6 years ago

DIET!?! A four letter word, says Salem (the Large).

Gracie, we’re so happy that nasty new-moan-ia is GONE.

Sherri-Ellen T-D
6 years ago

Eeowww Sisfur Gracie: We iz so glad yer clear of da New-moan-ee-a!! What a reeleef!!!
Now a pound iz not such a BIG deel n a bit of porshun control will melt dat stoopid pound off quick n ya will not notice…
me cuud use da meddycashun, MO…me needz all da help wif eatin altho da Mirtazipine iz werkin purrty guud fer me!
As fer Docktur Cousinz oh noes diz iz pawfull newz n we iz purrayin she findz her kittygurl soon!
Lub Nylablue n Sherriellen Mum xoxoxoxoxoxo

6 years ago

Gracie, we’re glad to hear you’re doing so well. We bet you’ll lose that pound in no time! And we’ll purr that Dr. Cousins finds her kitty.

Kitties Blue
6 years ago

Sister Gracie, Such good news that your pneumonia has been totally cleared up. Hope your portion control isn’t too severe. A pound doesn’t sound so bad. Surely you lost some weight while you were ill. Hope y’all have a good snoozy Sunday. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

Sometimes, Cats Herd You

So glad to hear that you had a good checkup. We are purring that Dr. Cousins finds her kitty.

Diane@BibliophilebytheSea

Glad Gracie is in good shape now – great news for sure.

KB
KB
6 years ago

I’m so happy about your lungs, Gracie!!!!! That’s wonderful news. The “portion control” doesn’t sound like fun… but I think you should celebrate your good lungs with a treat! 🙂

Bev Green
6 years ago

What great news Gracie..bit of a bummer about the D.I.ET…..and i am sure you will work out a great menu that’s better for your waistline 😉 i am so sorry about your poor Dr’s Kitty and we send purrayers that Kitty is found..how very distressing for your Dr 🙁 Hugs to you and hugs to your Dr too Fozziemum xx

Sailor Edgar
6 years ago

I’m glad the visit to the vet wasn’t too unpleasant. Maybe you should start a kittycat workout routine! 🙂

6 years ago

We’re so glad you’re doing well, Gracie! Now, we’re not sure what “portion control” is, but we know you’ll handle it just fine.

We are purring and praying for Dr. Cousins’ kitty to come back soon.

Austin Towers
6 years ago

Well I think that is good news Sister Gracie :)) But very sad about the missing kitty 🙁 xox

Fraidy Cats!
6 years ago

Gracie, we are so happy to hear you had a good follow up check up! darn that portion control business, though 🙂 we are very sorry about Dr. Cousins’ kitty! we are purring she’ll be found soon and safe.

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

Silver Kitten
6 years ago

Gracie, please let Dr Cousins know we are worried with her, and hope really hard her beloved kitty comes home alive, kicking and ready to get warm.

Gracie – youa re doing great – what’s this about ‘portion control’ that spells DIET to me * thinks hard * well maybe not spell exactily but… you know….

Silver

Clarissa & Co
6 years ago

We are so happy to learn that your lungs are clear and that the pneumonia is gone, Gracie. Tell that vet that the pound you’ve gained is just extra fur for the winter! And lastly, we are purring for your vet and her kitty and hope her kitty finds her way home. That makes us very sad for both of them.

Mags Corner
6 years ago

Sweet Sister Gracie we are so happy to hear you are doing so well. How kind and thoughtful Dr. Cousins is to remember your fear of dogs and to cover your eyes. We are so sorry about her kitty and we sure hope her sweet kitty will be found soon. We will be praying she will be home soon. Hugs and nose kisses

Cattywumpus
6 years ago

Concatulations on a clean bill of health, Gracie! We think you are perfect just the way you are, weight-wise.
We hope Dr. Cousins finds her kitty safe and sound – that’s a terrible worry.

Mythreemoggies
6 years ago

Great news Gracie x. We hope that naught moggie comes home to the nice lady xx

deb
deb
6 years ago

We are so happy that you are feeling better, Gracie! And, we hope that the Dr. finds her kitty soon…..so, sad. Glad the kitties outside are staying warm!