Thankful Thursday: The Ferals of Winter

41 Comments on Thankful Thursday: The Ferals of Winter

Brian's Home.  Adopt cats, we deserve it! We do know all too well that so many of our friends have had a much worse winter than what we’re having here in South Carolina. However, below freezing and single digit temps are unusual for us, especially the single digit temps.

Our area hadn’t had temps that low since the 1920s, so it’s obvious that our ferals never experienced cold like that either. We were sure worried about them and were hoping they would hang out in their heated feral house. Today we are so thankful that all of the ferals that we care for made it through that rough cold spell.

Brian's Home.  Adopt cats, we deserve it!
This extremely bonded pair is Momcat on the left in the chair, and Tabs on top of the feeding station. Momcat is Mom to twins Zelda and Zorro. We’re hoping to TNR again really soon.

But today, we’re so very thankful that the coldest part of winter may be gone and that all of these sweeties are still with us.  Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!!  More Forever Homes More Often!  Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

thankfulthursdayhop

Share this sweetie – Click on the Pic

Click on the Pic of Sweet Willie

Adopt Sweet Willie

Summer
5 years ago

That is really something to be thankful for! I’m thankful your ferals made it too.

Molly The Wally
5 years ago

We agree and that is mainly thanks to you. Have a tremendous Thursday.
Best wishes Molly

easy rider
5 years ago

I so agree… I’m always happy when this cold time is over and our furfriends without a home are still there. have a good thursday Momcat&Tabs.

marg
5 years ago

Oh what fun to see the feral cats. They look comfy. Glad they have some heated houses. And we are so thankful, we didn’t get any snow or ice. Hope you all made it through the snow. Take care.

Hilary
5 years ago

I am always so scared for the feral cats in the winter…

5 years ago

That is something truly precious to be thankful for!

The Chans

Marilia

Have a nice Thursday!

Fuzzy Tales
Fuzzy Tales
5 years ago

We’re glad they’re doing well and have your family to care for them, Brian.

Ellen Pilch
5 years ago

I am glad your feral made it. They must be using your shelters, nice to see their ears didn’t get frost bitten.

Sailor Edgar
5 years ago

Glad to hear the ferals made it! Tomorrow our low is supposed to be around zero, and we hope that will be our last really low temperature of this winter.

Laila and Minchie
5 years ago

Thank you for taking such great care of your ferals! You guys are not use to the weather you’ve been having this winter. Right now we are having Lake Michigan effect snow. Looks like maybe 4 or 5 inches so far. 🙁

Kitty Cat Chronicles
5 years ago

It has been cold, for Georgia too! We haven’t had a flake of snow in our parts though. We would like just one snow day! Glad your ferals are all doing okay — hope no more cold spells come your way!

Pat Hatt
5 years ago

Glad they made it through the cold, they sure are staring at you haha

hannahandlucy
5 years ago

Thank goodness they all came through the winter being well and well nourished thanks to you all.

Random Felines
5 years ago

cold is relative to where you live….and if you aren’t used to it, the cold seems worse. we are glad the feral kitties are doing well

Fur Everywhere
5 years ago

We are so glad that the ferals you care for made it through the cold spell!

da tabbies o trout towne
da tabbies o trout towne
5 years ago

dood !!! high paws N headbonx two yur dad for helpin de crew out …thatz one awsum feedin stayshun ~~~ N mega glad de ferals iz still stoppin bye…we iz happee they getted thru de vizshuz cold two… ♥♥♥♥

Socks, Scylla, Fenris & Tuiren

We are so glad the ferals are still with you. We hope warmer weather is on the way, this has been a really cold winter for those who are forced to live outdoors. It has been colder than usual here too.

Mumsy's Little Chancy Man

Hugs and nose kisses~

Dip and Elliot
Dip and Elliot
5 years ago

Whenever the weather is really bad, I always think about the animals who have to brave it outdoors. Hoping they all find a safe, warm place to sit it out until the Winter is over.
Dip and Elliot x

Annabelle
5 years ago

We have worried so about all the ferals in this cold weather too.
We hope that cold is about gone too.

Tamago
5 years ago

Your feral kitties are very lucky to have heated house and food. Glad they made it through the cold spell. We had some snow, too, but it has pretty much melted already. Spring may be just around the corner 🙂

Savannah's Paw Tracks
5 years ago

precious feline souls and so happy they all survived and I am also thankful for my life indoors and wish I could make it so for all cats

Emma
5 years ago

Poor kitties out in the cold. It is not an easy life for them.

Cats of Wildcat Woods
5 years ago

When we lived in the high mountains when our ferals were outside we never lost any during really bad winters. We are hoping spring is coming soon – we should be in the 50s by now!!!

Layla Morgan Wilde (Cat Wisdom 101)

It’s been an awful winter for ferals who need more shelters than ever. These are easy to make.

Penelope

So glad they is A OK! Yous guys sure takes care of them well
Kisses
Nellie

Dezi and Lexi
5 years ago

Dat’s such pawsum news. Weez hate dat they awe feral in da furst place, but weez glad they made it fwu. Is Tabs a twipod? Sure looks like it in da foto. Weez’ll be purrayin’ fur all of ya’.

Luv ya’

Dezi and Lexi

5 years ago

We hope March will bring warmest temps here. You know it’s been cold when TW came home today commenting on how “warm” it was but the temperature was 24 and the wind chill 16.

The OP Pack
The OP Pack
5 years ago

You are so very kind to care for the ferals, especially in the cold of winter – here’s hoping you can accomplish the TNR.

Woos – Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

Flynn
5 years ago

I too am thankful your ferals have made it through such cold temperatures.

Austin Towers
5 years ago

That is a big relief, Brian! You guys do such amazing work with loads of kitties!! xx

Caren Gittleman
5 years ago

thank goodness they are all ok!

Sometimes, Cats Herd You

It’s good to hear that your ferals are doing well through this unusual winter!

Mark's Mews

We purr fer the ferals…

FiveSibesMom
5 years ago

It sure has been some winter…our temps have been averaging about 40 degrees below normal! We worried about our feral-turned-adopted kitty Binx, too. While somewhat rehabilitated, our little wild boy still is skeptical of being picked up and coming indoors. We have a nice kitty house for him with straw and a bed, and we are thankful he is doing well. This weather has been so worrisome for outside animals this winter…oh, spring…you are out there somewhere….right?!

5 years ago

We’re so glad the ferals are doing okay.

KB
KB
5 years ago

I am so glad the ferals made it. I’m afraid that I can’t figure out what “TNR” stands for. I’m sure I’ll figure out when you actually do it!

diane
5 years ago

SO happy the ferals you care for are safe this winter. I can’t stop thinking about all of the homeless animals or ones with irresponsible owners and out sub zero temps that have lasted weeks. very sad.

We don’t have strays here that I know of, but I’m sure there are plenty around our town.

Kitties Blue
5 years ago

What excellent news. That is truly something for which to give thanks. Like you, we hope the super cold temps are over. We are going to have the low teens again tonight and tomorrow night. After some minuses, we guess we won’t complain, but we know our mom will continue to do so! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

Sherri-Ellen T-D.
5 years ago

Yippee fur Momkat an Tabss makin it thru thee Winter! LadyMum sayss thee riverkat feralss are doin well here an it has been furrigid. Lady Nikki had new housess made fur them full of straw an blanketss an shee an Lady Sheila go down to feed them 2 timess a day. Mee sniffed thee air today an mee shook mee head an ran away frum thee patio door….too cold fur thiss kittie!!
Fankss Brian’ss Pawentss fur takin care of thee feralss at yur place.
***Hi-5’ss*** Siddhartha Henry an LadyMum