I’m always thankful to learn new things. How about you, do you like learning new things too? Here lately I’ve been learning a lot about raising kittens, specifically the newbies, feral kittens. Well, let me clarify that, they are far from being feral these days.
You would think I would know more about kittenhood since I was a kitten once. When I was adopted I was 9 months old, still a kitten, and Brother Angel Ivan was very patient with some of my early antics. But, there hasn’t really been a kitten in the house since, well, since me. The others were all a bit older when we adopted them.
I’ve had to relearn quite a few things in dealing with the endless energy of a kitten, or two:
- Toys are a wonderful distractions, if they are where then shouldn’t be just toss them a toy.
- They often confuse the word NO with the word GO.
- They aren’t easily offended by a hissyface.
- They are open for kitten business on their schedule not the peeps schedule.
- There is kitten joy in sticking you head under a dripping faucet.
I’m thankful for the newbies and I’m thankful they are keeping me in touch with my inner kitten. I’m thankful when they settle in for a rest MOL!
What about you? What are you thankful for today? How about joining us in our Blog Hop? Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!