Mancat Monday and My Favorite Spot

39 Comments on Mancat Monday and My Favorite Spot
mancat monday brian 01072019

Hello everyone, Mancat Monday is here already. Dang, it just seems like I was hiding from the firework noise and here we are starting another week in our brand new year. Yes, I did get a new Scratcher Throne, but I keep coming back to my old favorite. Cat Scratchers are just the best though and they can be used for just about anything, a throne, a bed, a tent, and oh yea, a scratcher too.

This week might turn out to be a busy one, but then again, who knows? I do know that Brother Simon is looking forward to doing his Tabby Tuesday post tomorrow. The poor guy got bumped two times in a row since Christmas and New Years fell on a Tuesday last year. Doesn’t it sound weird saying last year? Then on Wedensday the Dad has to take Sister Zoe to her Internal Medicine Vet. It’s a follow up appointment to keep tabs on her blood work since she is a CKD kitty. If you see Sister Zoe between now and then don’t mention it to her, it’s a surprise! Hey, I had a follow up with my Dentist too but I’ll tell you a bit about that on Thursday.

Then, on the bright side, we’ve actually had some sunshine in our neck of the woods. It’s been raining for what seems like forever and the bright sun was such a welcome sight. Let me tell you, we all enjoyed those glorious sunpuddle, they were everywhere. It has been fairly warm too so the Dad got the feral feeding station cleaned out, it was a bit of a mess with the yucky mud and fallen leaves.

That’s it for me today, y’all take care and remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Please help Lilly & KatieOur friends at Savannah’s Paw Tracks need help for Lilly & Katie. Please donate or share their fundraiser HERE. Thanks!

Buy Cat Treats Today – Shop over 1,000 Brands at Chewy!

easyweimaraner
1 year ago

yes that sounds crazy to say last year… or last christmess (like in that awful song lol)

Little Binky and Granny

Yes, it’s really weird that it is the 7th of Januar already, Brian. We hope everything is going better with all of you💗 I like your old throne btw. You sure make a good king in it😹Pawkisses for a Happy Day🐾😽💞

Teddy
1 year ago

It’s a new year and already time is passing so quickly! Glad things are settling down for all of us. Hope the dental went OK and that Sister Zoe’s checkup is good. We had nice sunpuddles yesterday around here but today clouds and we even heard there’s a possibility of some “S” this weekend! I won’t say that word but you know what I mean. YUCK.

Hugs, teddy

Pat Hatt
1 year ago

Last year sure rolls off the tongue weirdly, nothing wrong with the best spot.

Cathy Kennedy
1 year ago

Brian & friends, Y’all have a busy week ahead indeed. I’m ready for some calm to move in but I have an appointment today (nothing serious). That’s going to throw a kink in my schedule! Oh well…I’ll just do the best that I can. We had some beautiful sunshine over the weekend. I just loved it, too! Although it’s going to be quite warm today, the clouds are rolling back with rain expected late tomorrow followed by cold air. I’m not looking forward to that! *ugh* Enjoy your sun puddles while you can and best of luck to you all!… Read more »

Margaret Elmendorf
1 year ago

Glad you can make your self comfy just anywhere Brian. Sure hope all the vet visits go well. We are so enjoying this sunshine. It is just wonderful. Have a good day.

Madison
1 year ago

It does sound busy around your place. Hope everyone is staying healthy.

Rev. Tom Fishworthy
1 year ago

Old scratchers with fresh nip sprinkled on are my fave, Brian! Glad Simon gets to say his piece tomorrow. – Tom x

1 year ago

Sounds like a busy week!!

1 year ago

We hope all of you do well at your vet visits. 🙂

Kyna Bear
1 year ago

Sunshine is definitely worth smiling about!! I sure hope that the report on Sister Zoe is good. As for the scratcher, sometimes the well worn and well loved one is the best!

Ruby, Rosie & Teddy
1 year ago

Hope the week goes well! Hurray for sunshine. Enjoy it.

Diane D
Diane D
1 year ago

Sometimes the old favorites are better than the new gifts; enjoy your day and snooze well.

Catscue Catmom
1 year ago

Handsome Brian, it sounds like you are starting off the new year at a rapid pace. Don’t forget to enjoy yourself as well!

Mary Kirkland
1 year ago

We had some rain here too. My dog doesn’t like it much.

Sandee
1 year ago

We’ve had two days of high winds and rain. Trees down everywhere and the power is out in many places in Sacramento this morning. We didn’t have any tree problems, but we did lose some of our rain gutter. Bugger. One more thing to repair.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a purrfect Mancat and Awww Monday. My best to your peeps. ♥

Laila and Angel Minchie

It’s nice to get new things to replace the old, worn out ones, but there is nothing like the worn out things too.

cecilia upchurch
1 year ago

OMCs your Dad needs an appt. secretary to keep up with you all.

Tamago
1 year ago

I hope Sister Zoe’s and your vet visits will go well.
We are enjoying a glorious sunshine, too, after a long rainy days 🙂

1 year ago

Brian, that’s the beauty of being a cat; you can lounge on whatever you want to!

da tabbies o trout towne
da tabbies o trout towne
1 year ago

dood….we noe we haz been off line fora long time but cranbereez we dinna think we went kleer past
joo lie N fire werkz !! WHOA !!!! any way, we willna tell ewe noe who any thing bout goin ewe noe wear 🙂 ♥♥

caren gittleman
1 year ago

Enjoy the sunshine! We had a bunch of it but now it is gone 🙁

Hairballs and Hissyfits

sounds like you guys have been pretty busy–Amarula is going to the dentist for a cleaning in February–it won’t be nice for either of us!!

Summer
1 year ago

Lucky you, getting some sun puddles! The sun is going to be a little scarce around here this week

The Swiss Cats

Time flies, that’s crazy… Purrs

The LLB Gang
1 year ago

You look very comfy Brian, we can tell that must be a favorite spot!
We hope things don’t get too busy for you this week!
xoxo,
Rosy, Jakey & Arty

You have made your old scratcher nice and comfy, just the way you like it.We haven’t had rain for a few days, but no sun either. I think it has forgotten how to shine!

Jan K
1 year ago

Sounds like a lot going on over there, Brian! Aren’t you lucky to see some sunshine and get some sun puddles? It is really cold here today, and we have more snow on the way the next couple of days. We just never know what the new year is going to bring, do we, we just hope it’s all good!

1 year ago

Whoa! Lots to report about. Our weather has just been BLAH! Yeah, all caps cos the sun comes out for a tease once or twice a week and then hides. We’re creatures of habit so the old beds/thrones are still the best with our smells on them.

messymimi
1 year ago

Hope you are having a great 2019 so far, and that next week is a bit more relaxing.

katie Isabella
katie Isabella
1 year ago

We got THREE days in a row of SUNS to lay in, Brian. And it got to be high 60’s.

Ellen Pilch
Ellen Pilch
1 year ago

I am sure your old scratcher is happy you prefer it 🙂 XO

William’s Kith & Kin

Time does fly, doesn’t it?

Sailor Edgar
1 year ago

You look very comfortable in the scratcher! Glad you got some sunshine.

The OP Pack
1 year ago

We have new beds here, and like you, we still seem to like the old ones a lot too. But it is nice to have choices. All the best to Sister Zoe for her checkup, and no, we won’t tell her:)

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Angel Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
Angel Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
1 year ago

Enjoy every sun puddle while you can

Three Chatty Cats
1 year ago

Yep, saying last year does sound weird. Glad you got some sunshine!

lisa
1 year ago

The past few days, we’ve had sun puddles outside in 60 degree weather! But, it’s going downhill now and snow is forecasted for the weekend. Will need to look for indoor sun puddles now. And, I don’t think one can have too many thrones….I mean scratchers. 🙂 It is hard to believe we’re coming up on the middle of January already!

Deziz World
1 year ago

You look so cute Brian. We’re sendin’ purrayers fur all. We just hate the V-E-T. Big hugs

Luv ya’