Mancat Monday: Look Before You Leap

mancat monday brian 01142019

Hello everyone, it’s Mancat Monday and I’d say things are looking up, but actually they are looking down. Oh, everything is fine, I’m actually looking down, as in down below. Sometimes I don’t realize how far down the down really is from up here. Yep, it’s pretty much down there.

Don’t worry though, I’m not about to leap from here, nope, I’m much smarter than that. Just because Brother Simon took a leap from up above here a few months back doesn’t mean I’m gonna do it. Truth be told, I’m pretty sure that Brother Simon isn’t interested in doing it again either. He said that the landing did smart a bit, but I told him smart didn’t have anything to do with it MOL!

Hey, did you know I can see the lake from up here. I sure can see the lake from the upper big windows. It looks a bit cold over there and I really don’t see any activity over there. Usually I see some ducks or some geese. I’ll bet the geese went somewhere else to eat today. Those geese have been known to lake hop down here and it’s not unusual to hear them honking when they’re outgoing or incoming. Sometimes their takeoff pattern flies them right over our house, that makes for some fun Bird-TV.

Before I go, if you were affected by Winter Storm Gia, I hope all is okay in your neck of the woods. Catch y’all soon. Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Summer
5 years ago

I bet Simon has made a few mistakes he doesn’t plan on repeating, MOL!

easyweimaraner
5 years ago

duck tv is a great thing… and maybe in summer you can see even nekked ducks when they take a bath?

Pat Hatt
5 years ago

Good that Simon won’t repeat that. Some great bird tv is always a win.

Margaret Elmendorf
5 years ago

Smart boy Brian, to not jump down from there. That is a long one. Hope all of you have a fantastic day and week.

Madison
5 years ago

Be careful jumping, even if you are a cat with nine lives!

katie Isabella
katie Isabella
5 years ago

I remember Simon doing that and it sure made me worry about his knees.

messymimi
5 years ago

Carelessly calculated leaps can result in cats creating havoc!

5 years ago

Best to just look from there, Brian. Enjoy the view!

Sandee
5 years ago

Yes, you need to look, plan and then leap. The planning part is very important. You’re a smart one.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a purrfect Mancat and Awww Monday. My best to your peeps. ♥

Zoolatry
5 years ago

You have a good perspective on the world from up there …

lisa
5 years ago

I thought maybe the caption for today’s photos would be Leap of Faith! I’m glad to hear you were smart and didn’t jump from there. I know kitties are amazing when leaping from high places, but accidents do happen. Winter storm Gia did hit us, but our neck of the woods fared pretty well. Hope you all stay warm and enjoy Monday.

cecilia upchurch

MOL indeed Brian!!
“He said that the landing did smart a bit, but I told him smart didn’t have anything to do with it MOL!”
Lesson learned by the young’un!!

Mags
5 years ago

Oh, Brian we think that it is an excellent idea to not leap from way up there. Hopefully Brother Simon won’t leap from there again. How nice that you can see the lake and all the feathered friends when they are on the lake from up there. You all have a wonderful week. Hugs and nose kisses

5 years ago

Sometimes it’s the only way to learn, Brian…by making mistakes.

Tamago
5 years ago

It’s good Simon is not interested in leaping from up there 🙂 We sometimes see geese from our window flying in V shape. They are fun to watch for sure 🙂

5 years ago

We’re glad you’re not planning on taking that jump!

peppylady (Dora)
5 years ago

Don’t jump unless you have something soft to land on.
Coffee is on

The OP Pack
5 years ago

We like to survey our kingdom from the top of our deck stairs. There is a landing halfway up the stairs to our second floor that would give us a great view, but those darn gates keep us from getting there (unless someone goofs and leaves one openL) We had a lot of snow and some tree damage, but at least we didn’t lose power. There are still a lot of peeps in our area without power, heat, etc. We have another big storm headed in this weekend. We hope all will be safe.

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Jan K
5 years ago

It sounds like a wonderful view from up there, Brian, so there’s no need to jump anyway, right? Stay and enjoy! 🙂

Sounds like Simon learned the hard way not to jump from big heights.

Catscue Catmom
5 years ago

Smart Brian! Look before you leap, then don’t leap if it’s too far up – MOL!

caren gittleman
5 years ago

thank catness you know not to leap from there! That is so cool you can see the lake from up there too!

The LLB Gang
5 years ago

You made a good decision to sight see instead of jump from your perch Brian…We can’t believe Brother Simon made that leap..WOW, he’s a dare-devil-kitty!
xoxo,
Rosy, Jakey & Arty

Ellen Pilch
Ellen Pilch
5 years ago

Glad you are not going to jump 🙂

5 years ago

That looks way too high for my comfort level!

Hairballs and Hissyfits

Frodo definitely made some silly jumping mistakes too! those crazy youngsters!

William’s Kith & Kin

We’re glad you know better, Brian! Flying cats is never a good thing.

Fraidy Cats!
5 years ago

we almost thought you were Simon there, Brian 😉 our mom says look but don’t you dare leap when we are up in our penthouses 😀 enjoy your lake view! that sounds pretty pawsome!

pip, minnie, hollie, sharpie, ditto, TL

Sailor Edgar
5 years ago

It’s good to be able to learn from mistakes!

We had some snow recently, but less than a foot.

Angel Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
Angel Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
5 years ago

We got some loud birds here too. We don’t like them. We don’t want a careless bird to crash into the house. No daredevil jumping, please.

Laila and Angel Minchie

Brian, be careful you don’t get your head stuck in those slats!

Marv
5 years ago

Dosh! Are not stairs FUN! We have 13 from the Kitchen to the top floor and 13 from the Living Room down to the level the litter boxes are on and sometimes we play chase from the top to the bottom or the bottom to the top. We LOVE our stairs! We also can hear the geese but alas, they can not be seen unless we are i the Catio!
Purrs
Marv

The Swiss Cats
5 years ago

Ducks and geese TV sounds interesting ! Don’t jump down from there, Brian, it doesn’t sound like a good idea ! Purrs

Dorothy "FiveSibesMom"

You have the perfect cat’s eye view from up there! I bet you love that Cat-TV! BOL! MOL! Love the pic!
We have not had any storms yet, but they are predicting quite a big one for Friday through Monday here; a foot! We shall see…they can sometimes be very wrong! (Fingers crossed! Snow would be nice, but not a foot)!

Three Chatty Cats
5 years ago

You’re one smart cookie to stay put and not jump from there!

5 years ago

Usually our lakes all freeze in the winter but they’re not frozen yet although after this weekend they should be.

Deziz World
5 years ago

Oh Brian, ya’ had us scared fur a minute. Glad you’re not gonna be jumpin’ off those steps. That could hurt. We have geese too. Altho’ we haven’t heard ’em in a while. Guess it got too cold fur ’em. big hugs

Luv ya’