Tabby Tuesday with Simon the Couch Tater

42 Comments on Tabby Tuesday with Simon the Couch Tater
tabby tuesday simon 01222019

Hello everyone, it’s me Simon and I’m here for Tabby Tuesday. I wouldn’t miss it for anything and there’s no place else I’d rather be, that’s for sure. The cold season like this makes me appreciate being formerly feral even more. I’m so glad I don’t have to be out n’ about dealing with the brrrrrr humbugs. I just wish all kitties could be as lucky as I am.

I’ve been trying to learn the fine art of being a Couch Tater too. Lots of you probably think all I do is play with Cat Toys or romp n’ roll in Catnip all day, but it’s not true. I enjoy some serious downtime just like everyone else. I have been practicing hanging out on the couch and that includes the back of the couch too. It’s pretty cozy here especially when the Mom is sitting on the couch with me.

Today will be a wee bit different though, there will be a stranger in the house. It’s time for the company that takes care of our furnaces to come and make sure that all is okay with them. I’m still a bit of a weenie when there are strangers in the house so I’ll be in hiding for the rest of the day. It is sure important to have healthy furnaces so I’ll just deal with it. Sister Seal will be in hiding with me, so if you’re looking for us you can leave a message at the beep. Oh, I don’t really have a beep so I’ll check in with all y’all later.

Have a fun Tabby Tuesday everyone. Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

You are right Simon, a healthy furnace is very important. Once the intruder has gone you will be able to go back to practicing being a couch potato again knowing everything is warm and safe.

Summer
1 year ago

Does any kitty supervise these humans who come by? It’s important that at least one cat steps up to the plate for that!

Pat Hatt
1 year ago

Yep, need that stranger to make sure the furnace is working right. We still aren’t a fan of interlopers after all these years though.

Carry Loves Cats
1 year ago

Happy hiding. Hope you find a snuggly spot together so you don’t get too cold while the furnace is off!

easyweimaraner
1 year ago

couch tater is a very impawtant job…we try to become pro’s at that front too ;O)

Zoolatry
1 year ago

Are you “taters” mashed, home fried or baked?

Margaret Elmendorf
1 year ago

Oh No, not the furnace peeps. Good idea Simon to get well hidden. Got to have that furnace though for all this really cold weather. You all have a super day.

Madison
1 year ago

I’m shocked you aren’t people friendly. I thought your curiosity would get you out to meet everyone that comes to your home.

katie Isabella
katie Isabella
1 year ago

Being a tater is the best part of any day along with being at the food bowl.

jan
jan
1 year ago

These furnace intruders need supervision or they turn into serial killers.

William’s Kith & Kin

Simon, we don’t like our furnace guys either, so we get it. Ivan hides behind a bookcase. Where’s your favorite spot to hide?

Sandee
1 year ago

A couch tater. I’m going to remember that one, Simon. Yes you need your furnace checked each year. You don’t want it to quit working. That wouldn’t be good.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a purrfect Tabby and Happy Tuesday. My best to the rest of the kitties and your peeps. ♥

Ellen Pilch
Ellen Pilch
1 year ago

Good idea to keep the furnace clean in this cold. You are the cutest couch potato I have ever seen.

1 year ago

Simon, it’s okay to be wary of new peeps in the house! Just as long as you come back out, to lounge with your mom!

Laila and Angel Minchie

That sure is one comfy looking couch, Simon!

Mary Kirkland
1 year ago

I’m sure it won’t take long so you won’t have to hide for long.

cecilia upchurch
1 year ago

Ohhh Simon I love couch taters….I hope you don’t have to snoopervise the furnace guyz…

Pretinha
1 year ago

Seria tão bom se todos os gatinhos encontrassem um lar pra sempre, assim como você, Simon.
Cafunés pra você, menino bonito!

da tabbies o trout towne
da tabbies o trout towne
1 year ago

dood….we due knot like de furnizz dood either but we due wanna give 984 pawz up two furnizz sinz we iz talkin bout heatin dee vizez…. coz furnizz haz runned for like 93 hourz non stop heer late lee…..manee thanx furnizz 🙂 ♥♥

Annabelle
1 year ago

Simon you enjoy being that couch tater until those strangers appear and then when they disappear you can become a tater again!

The OP Pack
1 year ago

No worries, Simon. You stay hidden and let that stranger make sure you will have nice, cozy heat. We would like to sleep on the couch too, but it seems to be one of those No No things. For some reason, the peeps don’t like our furs on their seats:)

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

The LLB Gang
1 year ago

We really enjoy being couch taters sometimes too, Simon!
Hope the furnaces pass all their tests and you can come out and enjoy the couch soon!
xoxo,
Rosy, Jakey & Arty

World Of Animals, Inc.

Happy Tabby Tuesday Simon. We are happy to see that you are trying to become a couch tater. Sometimes you need just to relax and enjoy a nice rest after playing most of the day. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful day.

Catscue Catmom
1 year ago

You have ‘tatering’ down to a science handsome Simon! Gotta be careful of those visitors, they can be scary sometimes, just ask your Mom & Dad how scary it is when presented with the bill – MOL!

Feline Opines
1 year ago

Lookin’ good Simon. We don’t have any tabbies in our Tribe at the moment but we know The Female Human has a fondness for them.
Purrs & Head Bonks,
Alberto & The Tribe of Five

Jan K
1 year ago

Hope you and Seal had some nice long naps while hiding out today!!

Three Chatty Cats
1 year ago

Hope all checks out okay with the furnace so that you kitties (and humans) can stay warm!

Angel Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
Angel Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
1 year ago

I am sorry you had a strange man over the house but I think you will be grateful when the heat stays on

messymimi
1 year ago

Good luck hiding, i hope the furnace people do their jobs and move on so you don’t get caught.

mommakatandherbearcat

Pretty handsome couch tater! Simon, you dance with danger many times a day – you stare down the face of iniquity – you show no fear in your dealing with those sketchy toys … and yet a furnace man scares you?

Jeanna
1 year ago

Hi Simon, wish you could hide at my house cuz I could use some warm fur purring at my feet right about now. Stay warm kitties.

Deziz World

Hey Simon, Stay safe, warm and toasty handsum. Big hugs

Luvs ya’

Raena and Dezi

1 year ago

Mudpie had to deal with furnace men last week too. She went down to the basement and visited with them, but you do what’s best for you!

Mickeys Musings
1 year ago

Today it was very cold outside and we too are happy to be indoor cats. Good to hear you like spending downtime with your mum 🙂
Strangers spook Julie lots too.
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

lisa
1 year ago

Simon, those people are super important to make sure your home is warm and cozy. I’m sure they won’t bother you and then you can get back to being a Couch Tater, and focus on those cuddly snuggles.

Sailor Edgar
1 year ago

Don’t feel bad, Simon. Our kitties (Millie & Gracie) always hide when strangers come into the house.

Kyna Bear
1 year ago

Hachi is just like you. He used to live outdoors… and it’s only 8°F here tonight so he is very glad to snuggle by the fire with us! You are a sweetie, Simon!

Angie
1 year ago

Hey Simon – you would get along well with our Couch Tater Maggie – she has put a permanent divot in one of the back cushions of our couch!

Teddy
1 year ago

Simon I don’t like strangers in the house either BUT like you said – in order to make sure we have some HEAT when it’s cold and some COOL when it’s hot, we need these strangers to check stuff out. It won’t take long…..trust me.

caren gittleman
1 year ago

hope all went well with the strangers!!

1 year ago

Hope y’all survived the furnace guy. As the 2nd oldest male cat in the house, you need to start thinking about helping Brian snoopervise.

Kitties Blue
1 year ago

We are sorry you will have to leave your cozy spot when the furnace people arrive, but it should be even cozier in your house when they complete there work. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer