Tabby Tuesday with Simon on Night Shift

41 Comments on Tabby Tuesday with Simon on Night Shift
tabby tuesday simon 07302019

Yes, it really is Tabby Tuesday, and yes, it’s me Simon, and I’m here right on schedule, even though I was up most of the night. That got me thinking. Okay Seal, me thinking isn’t all that funny. Anyways, being active during the night is pretty darn normal for me. There’s a lot to do and it’s not my fault that I do most of it at night.

Oh, I do all kind of things at night. I play with the blinds, I poke my head through the blinds and peek out to see if there are any ferals around. I play with the strings on the blinds too. Then I might choose to run up the stairs and shout out to see if anyone wants to come play. I might bang on the door on the upstairs bathroom while I’m up there. Then I run down the stairs, head to the kitchen to get a bite to eat, then I run to the big bathroom and have a nibble or two out of the bonus food bowl. Then I run and jump up on to the back of the couch and pull the blinds back and look out front.

See how busy I am? I was really wondering why nobody else helps me. Brother Brian is asleep, and Sisters Zoe and Dolly are snoozing away too. Sister Seal used to help me but she mostly sleeps though the night too. Don’t they know that night time is prime prowling time? It’s tough when I have to go it alone, but I’ll continue to carry on the feline traditions.

What about you, are you active at night or do you sleep though the night too? Have a super Tuesday everyone, see you soon, maybe tonight MOL! Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Mickeys Musings
1 year ago

Gee Simon, you are a busy boy! That is a lot of patrolling and playing.
Even though every purrson and cat is sleeping at night, you are on patrol. Bet you don’t need much sleep to recharge 😉
Purrs,Georgia,Julie and JJ

Don’t worry, Simon, it is just previously feral instinct to be active at night. I am sure in time you will decide to sleep at night too.

mommakatandherbearcat

Simon, you are SOOO handsome. That’s the first thing I thought when I saw your picture in this post. Bear used to do all that and I’d wake up with half his toys in my bed. The string for the blinds was his favorite. I quickly learned how to get it out of reach – but then I was too lazy to undo it so I could open the blinds. Of course, Bear found a way to get around the blinds faster – he chewed off all the slats on one end so he could go in and out and… Read more »

1 year ago

BOy! I wish I had thought of that. I thought of most of it back then, but Bear…you are first CLASS!

Teddy
1 year ago

Simon I guess you are definitely a “night creature” – I usually sleep and spy out the windows to see what’s moving out there but I don’t run around the house. I think my Mom and Dad are glad I don’t – a 22 lb. cat running around might make too much noise!

Pat Hatt
1 year ago

At least you have it all to yourself while the others snooze.

Margaret Elmendorf
1 year ago

Good job, Simon, patroling at night. Sure sounds like you have such a good time. You all have a terrific Tuesday.

Madison
1 year ago

Maybe one day, or I mean night, you will sleep like everyone else in the world does. No matter, you are so cute, how could anyone get upset with you?

easyweimaraner
1 year ago

we are completely nocturne this time…. and last night our bedroom was a bear garden, the mama even cried… maybe it was overdone from da nelly to puke over the whole bed at 2 am?

Charles Huss
1 year ago

Sounds like your siblings have forgotten how to be cats. 🙂

Nicki and Derry
Nicki and Derry
1 year ago

Simon, it’s hard work being the only one on patrol all night! Your furry house mates are all slackers. LOL.

NIcki used to be very active at night, and on rare occasions still will be, but he’s settled down a lot as he’s aged (he’ll be 13 in October). But he’s active enough to make sure our human is up at 4 or 4:30 AM to feed us and let us out into the enclosed garden! 😀

1 year ago

Boy, Simon, I sure USED to be. Mom is so grateful I quit with the blinds! My mark is on all that I could reach! I was so intent on looking out and fighting everyone I could see in the night that I screeched and went on and on. Mom had to block my view out two of the windows with opaque window covering for well over a year till I got over it. I am older now but I used to gallop around too. Now I mostly snooze on mom’s head. *she’ll never admit that she has grown to… Read more »

Timmy Tomcat
1 year ago

Simon we all sleep pretty much all night until about five. Then we start roaming around and wait for the merest noise from Dad to all go rushing in and help him wake up. Seems he still says no unless it is past 6

Sandee
1 year ago

I’ve never had an awake all night kitty. I had one kitty that followed me everywhere. When I went to bed she did too and was always touching me during the night. I so loved that cat.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. My best to your peeps. ♥

da tabbies o trout towne
da tabbies o trout towne
1 year ago

dood..hold de horze radizh N onionz…whatz thiz a bout a bonuz food bowl….???
we dont hava bonuz food bowl ….we haz never hada bonuz food bowl….

Lola The Rescued Cat

Simon, I’m on night patrol quite often as well. Last night I brought Mother about ten toys, meowing the entire time. I also make my rounds of the apartment, making sure all is safe.
Love,
Lexy

1 year ago

Simon, this is exactly why Angel lives upstairs where the bedrooms are, and Da Boyz are downstairs and free to raise a ruckus!

The LLB Gang
1 year ago

Wow Simon, you really do know how to stay busy all night long….We pretty much sleep all night unless we have to go potty…then we wake Mama up to let us out BOL!
xoxo,
Arty, Jakey & Rosy

Summer
1 year ago

Simon, you are one busy guy! Boodie and I mostly sleep with my human all night. Sometimes Boodie plays in the middle of the night, but she hasn’t done that for a while. My human wakes up and finds her on the bed.

Jan K
1 year ago

It’s not easy being the sole night owl in the family, Simon, but it sounds like you still manage to have a lot of fun! ♥

Annabelle
1 year ago

Simon sometimes just for the heck of it I like to open the cupboard doors and drop them. THey make a lot of noise. Mom is used to it now, but the first time I did it, boy I got lots of attention! I’ve discovered the doors in the kitchen & laundry room.

The OP Pack
1 year ago

You are a character, Simon. We think you have your days and night confused:) We are pretty good at night, but as soon as we hear Mom’s feet go pitter patter upstairs, we are all and ready to go.

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Catscue Catmom
1 year ago

There are those that get in rhythm with human sleep times and those that don’t – I’ve never understood what that ‘thing’ is that points a cat one way or another. Have a great day handsome Simon!

Jan
Jan

The Night Belong to Simon. What a great name for a movie, Or a song,

The Swiss Cats
1 year ago

You’re so busy at night, Simon ! We hope you get some sleep during the day ! Purrs

emma and buster
1 year ago

You’re the night watchman of the family. Buster used to be awake most nights, but he’s older now and sleeps through the night now.

Pamela Jackson
1 year ago

HAHA…I have always been more of a nigth owl (cat)…..but these days I don’t stay awake on purpose or roam the house playing with the blinds! I might not sleep all night but its a matter of tossing and waking, turning and waking…..You sure a handsome boy.

Ellen Pilch
Ellen Pilch
1 year ago

You sure are busy. Emmy like a snack between 3 and 4 am, but that is it.

messymimi
1 year ago

It sounds like you have a job to do and you do it well. The night shift is covered!

1 year ago

Mudpie is pretty good about sleeping through the night, especially during the winter when she sleeps in the big bed with me. During the summer she starts out the night in the living room, then around 5AM comes into bed to look out the back yard window and be there when I wake up.

William's Kith & Kin

We don’t know where you find the energy, Simon! We generally sleep, unless Mom can’t sleep and gets up. Then we want breakfast, no matter the time!

Angel Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
Angel Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
1 year ago

Wow, you have a busy nighttime schedule. No us. We sleep with our parents. If we did all that we would get thrown out of bed.

1 year ago

It sounds like you’re a real party animal, Simon.

1 year ago

The night time is the right time only I like the real early morning. About 4 a.m. I do my banging on the blinds routine in TW’s room. That certainly raised her blood pressure. Dunno why. Maybe cos she leaves the blinds open about 5 inches so I can see out.

Fraidy Cats!
1 year ago

Mol, mol! oh, Simon, you are such a hoot! you bring such liveliness to your household 🙂 we love your picture – looks like you are about to make a run for it!
we have our zoomies and general craziness in the mornings before breakfast and in the evening after dinner. our momma says she is thankful we sleep at night (or at least don’t make noise such that she thinks we are doing something else 😉 )

sharpie, ditto, TL

1 year ago

Simon, it’s okay to be active at night, but it’s not as fun when nobuddy else is up to do stuff with you.

Angie
1 year ago

In our house, we sleep well at night – maybe since we are so advanced in age – 18 and 16, you know! Playing with blinds in the middle of the night is for those young whippersnappers!

Little Binky and Granny

That’s a lot of activity in the night, Simon, you’re like a buzzy bee…MOL😸 I think I sleep the whole night long…and day too…MOL😸Pawkisses for a Happy Day to all of you🐾😽💞

Zoolatry
1 year ago

We guess with those Big Eyes you have automatic-built-in-night-vision, so why not go for it?

Diane
Diane
1 year ago

I didn’t know Simon was a night owl, his poor family- unless of course, you are used to it by now😻

Deziz World
1 year ago

Hey Simon, ya’ know, bedtime snuggles with the mommy and daddy are the bestest snuggles of the day. Maybe you should give it a try and put the nighttime adventures on hold fur the daytime. There’s lots more to see durin’ the day anyways. Big hugs fur all

Luvs ya’