Mancat Monday: It’s Fall but SC Didn’t Get the Memo

42 Comments on Mancat Monday: It’s Fall but SC Didn’t Get the Memo
mancat monday brian 09302019

Hello everyone, it’s Mancat Monday and it also happens to be the last day of September. Now isn’t that hard to believe?!?! Let me tell you, this year sure is zipping by. Next thing you know it will be goblin time, then turkey time, then Christmas time.

Anyways, it is actually fall here but our State of South Carolina didn’t get the memo. It’s still in the 90s here and the outside ferals tell me it’s hot, hot, hot. The feral family gets wet food every morning and evening and we can’t leave the wet food out for too long since it gets hot and icky. The Dad puts some ice cubes around their wet food bowls in the evenings so they can enjoy it for a while. Even the birds outside are hot. The Dad keeps water in their bird bath for them but it’s so hot it dries up during the week.

The resident weather guessers are saying that fall temps might actually arrive this weekend so we’ll see. It’s really hard to believe but before too long we will probably be saying it’s too darn cold outside. Yep, it’ll happen.

I hope you all have terrific Monday, see ya soon. Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Summer
11 months ago

It really cooled off here this weekend! Next weekend… it’s hot again. Go figure.

Kinga K

Pretty❤

You are in the 90s, some places are getting snow and we are getting storms. The weather is weird!

Pat Hatt
11 months ago

Hopefully it cools off, but yeah, cooling off is a sign of too cold days to come.

Charles Huss
11 months ago

I went through one Fall in Myrtle Beach. The first month is not much better than here in Florida but the next two months are quite cooler.

Madison
11 months ago

It’s cooled off here which has been nice, but today, and only today, it will be 85, and then go back to the cooler weather. Hope your fall finds you soon.

11 months ago

we have the same weather it seems. 90’s here too…been that way for week after week and continues. My yard is brown.

Cathy Kennedy

Brian,

Yeah, Tennessee didn’t get the memo that it’s fall, either. The Weather Channel is forecasting cooler temps to move in by Thursday and it can’t come soon enough to suit me. It’s gonna be very summery like right through Wednesday. UGH! It’s been such a scorcher for way too long with little to no rain which makes things even worse. Oh well…here’s to better days ahead! Have a marvelous Monday!

Jan K
11 months ago

I was already complaining it was too cold here this morning! My toes got cold when walking Luke! We’d be happy to exchange weather with you – maybe half and half so we all end up just right? 🙂

easyweimaraner
11 months ago

wow that is very hot… we got da weather memo and it is even novemberish today…

Bell Fur Zoo
11 months ago

Don’t worry FL didn’t get the memo either it are super hot down here!! Our poor bird bath dries up soo super fast dat I hardly get any bird tv in da front room so I has to run to da back window and watch squirrel tv while him gobbles up all da squirrel food. If Mama would just let me out I would take care of dat squirrel stealing all da bird food 😉

xoxo,
Matilda (& Matt)

11 months ago

Mother Nature for sure needs to update her GPS and her calendar!!
We have a prediction of 95 and 97 on Wednesday and Thursday. Bah Humbug

11 months ago

We might go down to 86 this week….Fall in Florida!

Kitties Blue
11 months ago

Virginia also didn’t get the memo. It is gaspingly hot out and the heat doesn’t seem to have any chance of moving along. Nice that your dad does so much for the ferals. Have a good week. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

11 months ago

We had very cool temps and RAIN RAIN RAIN, but the warm/hot front is coming through, so we’ll have record warms for the next few days. We humans don’t know if we need a sweater, a wooly hat, or sandals and a bathing suit!

Catscue Catmom
11 months ago

Texas didn’t get the memo either – praying for fall!

Sandee
11 months ago

It’s cooler here and I’m happy about it. It’s been a long and hot summer. I hope you get to enjoy the cooler weather this coming weekend.

Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to all the kitties. ♥

Sandee
Reply to  Sandee

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ♥

Ellen Pilch
11 months ago

We are lucky it got down in the 50’s last night. Hope you get fall weather soon.

Tamago
11 months ago

It was a hot weekend here in Georgia, too. But you are right, we will be saying it’s too cold soon 🙂

Darla M. Sands
11 months ago

Even here in southwest Ohio the weather has stayed in the nineties. Ugh… How sweet to put ice around the food bowls, and clever. Stay cool!

violaetcetera
11 months ago

It’ has cooled down significantly here, and we like it. Hang on in there!

Raven
11 months ago

Oh, we got the memo. Our temperature dropped nearly 30 degrees in one week! The weather guessers say it should be warmer next week, which is nice because I’m not ready to give up my warm sunpuddles.

Jan
Jan
11 months ago

We live in northern California and it is cold here–down into the 60s and 70s. We would love to have your weather.

World Of Animals, Inc.
11 months ago

Happy Mancat Monday. We agree that this year really has been zipping by. We have a couple more days of heat and then it should be all gone for the year. Ice cubes are just the best to stay cooler. Thanks for the share. Have a great day.

11 months ago

That is very hot for this time of year. It has gotten quite a bit cooler over here. We hope it cools down for you too soon.

Tama and Genji

The LLB Gang
11 months ago

We just started getting the fall temperatures last weekend…we sure hope they get to your house this week!
xoxo,
Rosy, Jakey & Arty

The Swiss Cats

That’s hot ! We hope the weather cools off very soon ! Purrs

caren gittleman
11 months ago

we WERE having nice fall-like temps but today it is supposed to be in the low 80s (was just outside though and I am not sure that is going to happen), supposedly tomorrow will be near 90……..then…after that, our Fall temps will arrive, it will be in the 60s! YAY!!

da tabbies o trout towne
da tabbies o trout towne
11 months ago

dood….trout towne dinna get de mem oh either but werd round de water fountin iz by thurzday it will bee window time again…. 😉 ♥♥

lisa
11 months ago

Yeah, Missouri didn’t get the memo either. it’s still in the 90s here too. And, i actually saw Christmas stuff in the store the other day….and it’s not even Halloween! Crazy. Hope your week is a good one.

Angel Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song

Enjoy it while you can. Winter is coming.

You are a cutie ~ gorgeous photo ^_^

Happy Day to You,
aka (A Creative Harbor

11 months ago

We watched the NASCAR race from NC yesterday and the heat was crazy for this time of year. Summer, be gone!

Diane D
Diane D
11 months ago

Glad u r cool inside Brian. Fall is here in New England. High of 68 today and 50 tonight. Good sleeping weather as well.

William's Kith & Kin
11 months ago

Brian, we’re sorry you still have the hots. It sounds miserable. Hang in there!

Sailor Edgar
Sailor Edgar
11 months ago

“Hot, hot, hot”? Shades of Buster Poindexter! 🙂 Seriously, I hope the hot weather eases off.

11 months ago

Sounds awful. The temps here go up and down, up and down. Today’s high was 70 but Wednesday’s will be 90 then back down in the 70s.

11 months ago

It supposed to be hot here tomorrow…but colder by the end of the week.

Fraidy Cats!
11 months ago

you don’t look thrilled about the hots, Brian 🙂 we had a crazy weather weekend with thunder storms and tornado warnings! our temps are in the mid-80’s and hopefully we won’t heat up again. have a good week!

minnie, hollie, sharpie, ditto, TL

messymimi
11 months ago

Yep, the swamps down here are still hot, too. That’s okay, it will happen when it’s ready.

Kathe W.
11 months ago

oh my and before we know it we’ll be singing Christmas songs! Cheers!