Less Stress on Sister Saturday with Seal

32 Comments on Less Stress on Sister Saturday with Seal
sister saturday seal 02222020

Hello everyone, thank you for stopping by to see me on my less stress Sister Saturday day, I’m glad to be less stressed. You all know that Brother Simon and I are formerly feral graduates but new things still stress us out pretty easily. The Mom and Dad try really hard to minimize the stress of new things, but sometimes it just happens.

So what happened to stress me out? Well, it was a really loud beeping noise, more like a really loud chirp, but not like a bird chirp. Did I mention it was loud? The Dad said it was the backup battery in one of our smoke detectors that needed replaced. They run on electric power but have a battery too. Okay, but I sure didn’t like that noise, I ran and buried myself under the covers on the big bed. That noise was scary. Brother Simon didn’t like it either, but he was more forgiving that I was. It took me two full days to recover from that big fright.

Anywho, I am back to normal now and am enjoying all the comforts once again. The Dad said having working smoke detectors and CO2 detectors is a good thing. Okay Dad, just keep the noise down a bit please.

Have a fun Saturday everyone, see you soon. Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

I am glad you have got over the stress of the beepers. They do make a terrible noise though, don’t they. Our low battery warning always seems to happen in the middle of the night.

We have never heard one but #1 tells us that those smoke detector batteries make a terrible sound!

We hope your weekend is stress-free, Seal!

Tama and Genji

Margaret Elmendorf
1 year ago

That is a pretty darn scary noise Seal. We hate that too when ours goes off. We all run for the hills. You all have a terrific day.

1 year ago

I know that was scary, but it is a good thing to have protection. fire is even scarier than loud battery beeps. I must say your furs are gorgeous, love the crossed paws too

Pat Hatt
1 year ago

Those beepers sure are noisy. One of us runs and growls at them as she remembers them going off in a fire.

Teddy
1 year ago

I bet that was super scary……..we like peace and quiet – our humans seem to not to mind because they usually know what it is that’s being noisy. We just know it’s not “normal” !! I’m glad you’re OK now though. EEEK!

1 year ago

Seal it looks as if you dipped your paws a vat of milk chocolate…and makes me want to kiss them
I love kitty paws

Little Binky and Granny

OMC..Seal, I sure do understand how that must have felt…but you’re very brave to overcome it and Granny is happy that she knows that it works like that, because she’s afraid that that thing is going to beep when Grandpaw’s at work…so annoying🙉😸Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend🐾😽💞

Jan K
1 year ago

Oh we know how that is, Sister Seal, and we’re glad you are feeling better now. Luke completely commiserates with you on that awful sound – he shakes like a leaf when it happens!

Catscue Catmom
1 year ago

Poor beautiful Seal! I’m sorry you and Simon got all scared! But all is well now, enjoy your stress free day!

Charles Huss
1 year ago

I hate that noise too. I think it is made annoying on purpose.

Ananka

You look gorgeous <3

1 year ago

Seal, how interesting…I was just shopping for smoke and CO2 detectors! Wish we could have them hardwired.
However, that beeping noise is irritating…glad you are back to normal now.

You are beautiful and so glad you are relaxed today ~ Those smoke/carbon detectors are loud!

Happy Moments to You,

violaetcetera
1 year ago

Dad is right, Seal, working smoke detectors are important. You will be able to ignore this strange noise someday!

Mary Kirkland
1 year ago

We just had our smoke detectors changed and the people coming in and testing the beeping made my dog feel the same way.

Athena and Marie
1 year ago

That noise is really annoying. Glad you sorted it out!

Canadian Cats
1 year ago

Shoko has heard the beeping sound you talk of but not Budd and me. I’ll try and remember what you say so I won’t get stressed out. Thanks Sister Seal.

Tyebe

Ellen Pilch
Ellen Pilch
1 year ago

Those beeps are most annoying.

Melissa Lapierre
1 year ago

Those beeps can be very annoying, especially to sensitive kitty ears!

1 year ago

Seal, we’ve heard that noise too and it can be stressful! We’re glad your dad took care of it and you are doing better now.

1 year ago

Eek! Smoke detectors and CO detectors are important but they can be loud. Our CO detector saved our life a few years ago. Twice. TW stresses more than I do.

Guido the Italian Kitty

Yup the safety stuff for we Meowsters and Staff is so we don’t go beyond our 9 lives!

Guido the Italian Kitty

Yup the safety devices are so we meowsters don’t have to use up more than our 9 lives!

Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
1 year ago

Oh my, I hate when that happens. It turns everything in my body into water.

messymimi
1 year ago

Remind your dad that if he replaces the battery every time the humans change the clocks, it won’t ever chirp again, it will always be a fresh battery.

K Bear
1 year ago

Oh Sister Seal, you and our Hachi have a lot in common. I guess that you could say that he was once a feral dog, and he doesn’t like new sounds at all either. I’m glad that you’re better now, Sister Seal.

Peppulady (Dora
1 year ago

Sound like Dad on top of things

1 year ago

Oh yes, Seal. That is a scary sound, for sure! We freak out here when ours go off, too.

Summer
1 year ago

Our smoke detectors chirp when their batteries are low too, but the only one it seems to bother is my human!

Kitties Blue
1 year ago

Seal that is an awful noise, and we are not surprised that it frightened you. You definitely look less stressed here and definitely beautiful. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

caren
1 year ago

that used to drive Dakota nuts when ours would go off. Now he doesn’t hear as well as he used to, so not so sure!