Sister Saturday with Curious and Confused Zoe

sister saturday zoe 05232020

Hello everyone, it’s time for Sister Saturday with me, the curious and confused Zoe.  I got a bit of a surprise yesterday, I got to go for a car ride to see Dr. V., she is my Internal Medicine Vet at the Upstate Veterinary Specialists place.  I like her a lot and she likes me too.

I was a bit confused though because all we did was go for a car ride, sit awhile and then come back home. With this Covid thing they have a text messaging system set up, you text them when you get there, they then get back to you when the Vet is ready and assign a “pick-up” spot where they come to the car and get me.

It’s not unusual to have to wait a long time for Dr. V. because she is very popular. We got there early and the Dad texted them. They finally responded 50 minutes later and said they’d let us know when the Vet was ready. Then they asked Covid questions. After waiting an hour the Dad told them we weren’t waiting any longer, he would call and reschedule. They said we didn’t arrive until 40 minutes late for our appointment so we’d have to wait. WHAT? The Dad texted back with a screenshot of his “we’re here” text message 7 minutes prior to our appointment time. Apparently there was something wrong with their texting system. So, we headed home.

I still need to have my blood checked so I’m going to see our regular Vet on Wednesday. Oh boy, I get to go for another car ride. That’s okay, I’m good in the car and I really like our Dr. Anderson too. Our regular Vet doesn’t have a fancy texting system, the Dad will just call and they’ll come right out to get me.

Hey, before I go, remember how we liked having our quiet back? Well, it didn’t last long. Yesterday before I left some tree cutting humans were next door cutting down an huge tree. Then, after all that noise was done and after I got back home, some tree grinding humans showed up. It sure was noisy here, again. Oh well, tis the season for outside noises.

Take care everyone and have a terrific Saturday. Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Summer
6 months ago

I’m glad you don’t mine car rides, Zoe! I may fuss a little bit, but I really don’t either.

That was annoying. If they are going to use a messaging system they should make sure it is working properly.
It is a good job you don’t mind car rides.

Margaret Elmendorf
6 months ago

Oh Zoe, that is too bad you couldn’t see the doctor. Life sure is confusing with all this Covid stuff. You all have a great day.

6 months ago

I see I am not the only kitty having to wit. That was awful to wait for nothing, Zoe. Texting is dependent on the good fairies who carry the messages thru the air to their destination. If they aren’t there for some reason, like taking a break- or out back smoking or something, the messages just lay there in the air till the fairies come back to work! That Vet has lazy fairies.

6 months ago

I won’t say that veterinary offices customer service is poor during this time, ’cause I know that they are doing the best that they can, but it’s still frustrating.
However, since I haven’t been out of the house and yard in weeks, a futile trip to the vet would have been fun!
*wink*

6 months ago

How frustrating!!! We’re glad you don’t mind the car so another trip won’t bother you.

Pat Hatt
6 months ago

Well that was a pain in the butt. Gotta love technology. Thankfully the vet here you can go right in.

6 months ago

sorry you had to wait and did not get what you needed. my text did not make a noise when it came in yesterday, i was waiting for her to say I am leaving, so we could meet at the park. i was late because no ding ding.. text is not always good… hope all is well with your bloodwork.

6 months ago

Zoe ~ you are one sweet kitty ~ adorable photo ~ Confused ~ the whole world is in confusion ~ stay with Mom and Dad and you will be fine ~ Xox

Be Safe, Be Well,

Teddy
6 months ago

Awwww……sorry you and your Dad went through that MESS with going to the vet. It’s not easy sitting in a car that long waiting waiting waiting then you didn’t even get in! BOO! Well let’s hope everything goes RIGHT with the next time….you should be royally welcomed!

Catwoods
6 months ago

Sorry you had to wait like that and miss out on seeing the vet, Zoe. Hopefully things will go more smoothly next time.

Pam
Pam
6 months ago

I am so sorry that going to the vet did not work out right but I know both mom and dad want you well and have your blood checked so they will get you back to the vet to have that looked at. You are lucky to be so well cared for and loved. I love the banner pic above the blog. You babes are just so beautiful.

Little Binky and Granny

So sorry you have to go again, Zoe, but we’re glad that you don’t mind car riding and that your Dad doesn’t trust that stoopid system anymore😸Pawkisses for a Happy Caturday to you all. Stay Safe Healthy and Yourselfie🙏🐾😽💞

6 months ago

Oh Zoe I bet you and your peeps were about to pull out your furs after that long wait. Yikes I hope no one needed to potty or even worse need a snack. I hope your next attempt is more successful with better
text readers at the vet.
Now that things are opening up here especially cafes with 50% capacity only. We are pretty sure the wait times will be horrid and we’d be standing in lines a million feet long just to have social distancing.
Nope we’ll stay home for now.

The Swiss Cats
6 months ago

It’s annoying. Fortunately, it looks like you don’t mind car rides. Purrs

The Oceanside Animals
6 months ago

Charlee: “Technology sure makes it easy for humans to communicate …”
Chaplin: “… Except when it doesn’t!”

Mary McNeil
Mary McNeil
6 months ago

It sure is lucky you don’t mind the car ride, Zoe. We hope your next appointments go off on time and you are doing well !

Ananka

Lovely face 😀

Melissa Lapierre
6 months ago

Wow, what a frustrating experience!

Wylie Hudson
6 months ago

Zoe, I’m sorry you had to wait so long, and then for nothing. My mom thought all along she was the only one who is running into problems with the vets’ new curb service.

Tom Fishworthy
6 months ago

Hey, Zoe, I’d be confused, too, and not a little bit miffed! I know I’m always glad to get home, but not if there’s noise outside. Hope you were able to nap when it finally got quiet! – Tom x

Ellen Pilch
Ellen Pilch
6 months ago

Sorry they made you wait so long. I will be praying your bloodwork goes well. XO

6 months ago

That’s no way to run a business, Zoe. I’m glad you like car rides. I would have been more ballistic than the humans and if you’ve ever seen TW mad, you’d not forget it. Now the peeps are even gladder that Dr. D. answers our emails and understands why I can’t go right now.

Peppulady (Dora
6 months ago

So glad your well look after

6 months ago

Zoe, we;re sorry you had to go for a car ride for nothing. We had to go to the vet a couple of weeks ago and they just wanted the mom to call when we got there…and then they came out and got us. The mom had to stay in the car. That was really strange.

Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
6 months ago

I am sorry your trip to the vet didn’t work out but I am happy that you got your quiet back.

Kitties Blue
6 months ago

That specialist vet has a bad system. Sorry that happened. Our vet is using that call-in system, and that works fine. You dollop a bit sad. Hope things go better on Wednesday. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

GUIDO the Italiain Kitty

Catzowey dude! Hiss fits among us for your having to wait in dat auto-cat-mobile so loooong with no service! I’m growling like a doggone pooch knowing what youza went through ! Grrrrrrr

6 months ago

Dang, we’re sorry that happened, Zoe. We’re glad you don’t mind car rides!

We hope things outside get a little quieter real soon.

messymimi
6 months ago

What a snafu! It would have been nice if they’d come to get you right away as soon as they realized their mistake. It is almost like they are blaming you for their error making you come back.

violaetcetera
6 months ago

We have to wait in the parking lot in front of the vet’s office here as well before an appointment. I hope this gets sorted out soon and all is well with you, Zoe!

Athena and Marie
6 months ago

How annoying! I hate car rides.

As for those humans cutting down trees, they are annoying too!

caren
6 months ago

oh my! That is awful!!! Especially with a cat! Our Vet has us call from the car (thank goodness) Cody is going for xrays tomorrow….his thyroid tested borderline again but he was down 2 lbs (NOT good)…….the Vet thinks we may still “circle around” to thyroid…that is what I am praying. Please send some POTP for us……hoping we don’t have a curbside adventure like you did! Hoping all goes well with the bloodwork!