Sister Saturday with Sister Seal and the Noisy Woes

sister saturday seal 05162020

Hello there everyone, thanks for coming by for a visit on Sister Saturday.  My photo today was taken the other day, like on Thursday morning, before all the noises started and before I went into hiding.  Yes, I went into hiding, but do did Simon, and not just for one day.  Hey, it’s a formerly feral thing and we can help it.

So, what got us into hiding?  I’m glad you asked.  First, on Thursday Morning, there were some trucks that pulled up outside of our house.  We started to run, because they were noisy, but then they pulled away.  Guess what?  They went to our neighbors house, they were hammering humans.  The neighbor was getting the roof taken off of his house and a new one put on.  Talk about loud!

Then, Simon and I finally ventured out during the late afternoon, even though the hammering noise was still going on.  Guess what?  The mowing humans came and off we went into hiding again.  Finally Thursday evening it got quiet.  What else could possibly happen?

I’ll tell you, Friday morning bright and early a human came to our door.  Yikes, time to hide again.  That human was here to do semi-annual maintenance on our air conditioning and generator.  In and out the door he goes.  Under the covers on the big bed I go, again.  Scary stuff! We think the noise was too much for our Little Mama, it seems like she’s moved her kittens somewhere else. Maybe they’ll be back for food.

Anyways, it’s quiet now and hopefully it will be that way through the rest of the weekend.  That’s what I’ve been up to, what about you, what’s up with you?  Have a fun Saturday everyone! and I’ll be seeing you soon.

Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Notify of
guest

It sounds like a really bad Thursday and Friday for both of you, and Little Mama and her babies too I hope your weekend is peaceful.

Cleo
9 days ago

Well we hope you can enjoy a peaceful weekend now that the noise has subsided. About the only thing that makes me hide under the bed is when the smoke detector starts screeching. I’m like a missile, down the hall and right under the bed to safety!

Gosh, that sounds exhausting! You poor things!

Over here, there is more traffic noise from the road at the bottom of the slope because of deconfinement but things have stayed pretty quiet overall.

Tama and Genji

Margaret Elmendorf
9 days ago

Oh gosh, you have had a bad noisy two days. We hate any new noises too. Sure hope you have a quiet Saturday and Sunday.

9 days ago

Oh guys, I am so sorry that happened and all at once too. I am concerned for little Mama and the kittens as well. Hope you’l let us know.

9 days ago

Seal, I would be hiding too! We hate when there is loud noises, but usually it’s just those leaf blower things…ugh!

9 days ago

Seal et al may your Saturday be serene…

When the noises come back ~ Seal it takes adjustment for all of us ~ Pretty kitty that is a lovely photo your Mom took ~ love it ~ Xox

Be Well, Be Safe,

Mickeys Musings
9 days ago

We live on a very quiet road that has few homes and is a dead end.
We are the first house and closest to the regular roads.
While we are used to some noise, if it comes close to our place we tend to hide too.
Purrs,Georgia and Julie

Ellen Pilch
Ellen Pilch
9 days ago

That sure was a lot of noise.

9 days ago

Whoa. It sounds like a very noisy two days there, pretty Seal. We sure hope things are quieter this weekend, and that Little Mama and her babies come back soon. XO

9 days ago

Seal, you and Simon wouldn’t last a day here, I fear. There’s always construction around here. Since I moved here, they’ve been jackhammering on the helix on the big tunnel. Then they tore down and rebuilt the place next door. Then they put a new roof and new windows on our building. Now they’re talking about re-facading the building. I got used to the noise quickly—or got deaf. The only noise that still makes me run is move-ins and move-outs on our floor.

Pam
Pam
9 days ago

Poor mom…..and poor you and Simon. I am not a fan of all that hammering and noise either, unless of course I am building something but that don’t take as long as a roof. Lily never being feral is not like that when humans come to visit. She comes out, walks around, looks at them and all to do her own thing yet again!! Loud noise that catches her off guard does sort of scare her but she don’t hide. I think Lily thinks she can take on the world. HAHA….I am hoping that all has settled down for all… Read more »

The Creative Cat
9 days ago

Hopefully they’ll take the weekend off!

Little Binky and Granny

You deserve a peaceful rest after these noisy activities, Seal😸Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend. Stay Safe Healthy and Yourselfie🙏🐾😽💞

Teddy
9 days ago

Oh I sooooooo understand this because I absolutely HATE loud noises too. I hide until things settle down. Hopefully soon the new roof will be done and LittleMama will be back with her babies. I like things to be CALM, COOL, and COLLECTED too!

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties

Yikes, that does not sound like a fun week! Hope your weekend is better than that!

Summer
9 days ago

Wow, it sure has been busy in your neighborhood, Seal!

The OP Pack
9 days ago

We had the a/c man here last week too. He has dogs and we liked him. Mom let him give us each a cookie. A few years ago when a big hail storm blew through, it damaged just about all the roofs in our development. So we had months of all that hammering and noise, even on our own house. So we understand totally. Hope you are having a much quieter weekend.

Woos, Lightning and Timber

Emma and Buster
9 days ago

Hope everything’s quiet now so you can rest easy out in the open.

Catscue Catmom
9 days ago

Humans can be noisy animals, we can’t seem to help ourselves. Sorry sweet Seal.

Melissa Lapierre

Geez, people invasion!

9 days ago

Sadly it’s that time of year when there’s a lot more noise.

Peppulady (Dora
9 days ago

construction work can be load

Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
9 days ago

The neighbors really should have asked your permission before doing work that interfered with your peaceful enjoyment of the moment.

Lone Star Cats
9 days ago

Hope the rest of your weekend is quiet!

messymimi
8 days ago

It sounds like Grand Central Station over there! Hope you have gotten a break in the activity.

Diane
Diane
7 days ago

Those pesky humans spell trouble for former ferals for sure:(

Pat Hatt
7 days ago

Wow. You had lots of noises going on. Good they have flown to coop though and I suppose getting them all over with at once is a perk in its own way.

Ananka
7 days ago

Lovely picture 😀

Raven
7 days ago

My goodness, what a noisy few days. All our neighbors have gotten new roofs in the past few years and it’s really noisy. Hopefully you have lots of peace and quiet from now on.

Raven
6 days ago
Reply to  Raven

p.s. It’s Tuesday. Workmen came at 7 am and started ripping the roof off our kitty-corner neighbor. We’ll have lots of hammering & other noises for the week!

caren
7 days ago

geeze….tell them to pipe down in your neighborhood! Too much going on!