Mancat Monday Welcome to June

34 Comments on Mancat Monday Welcome to June
mancat monday brian 06012020

Lookie, June is here, already, do you believe that?!?!  May was a bit nutty so we’re kind of glad to see it go, but then again 2020 has been a bit nutty.  May was sure a wet one here, we had the wettest May ever.  It sure did seem like it rained more than it didn’t and it turns out it was true.

One of the things we have to watch is that June is when Hurricane Season starts.  If you’re coastal critters do you have your emergency plan ready?  Heck, we’re not coastal, we’re inland, but those big old storms have been know to make their way in our direction from time to time.  Yep, our emergency plan is ready and as you know we do practice from time to time.

Did you know that June is Adopt a Cat Month and Adopt a Shelter Cat Month?  It is, and it’s a wonderful thing.  Then again, adopting a cat is alway a terrific idea.  Have a fun Monday everyone, I’ll see you on Thursday for our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop.

Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Summer
3 months ago

You guys have hurricanes, we have earthquakes. You can’t escape nature, can you?

Madison
3 months ago

We hope June is better than March, April, and May as they have been just terrible. Paws crossed for some better times ahead.

Margaret Elmendorf
3 months ago

Those hurricanes are very scary. We so hope there are very few this year. Wishing you a terrific day.

Mickeys Musings

Happy June Brian!!!
You are such a handsome Mancat 😉
We like June, but not the storms.
We purr we are lucky this year and escape them ;).
Purrs,Georgia and Julie

3 months ago

Yepper, we always get the rain (what else) from the hurricanes. Our biggest threat is tornadoes though. They call it Dixie Alley these past ten or so years.

3 months ago

Brian 2020 has been a Y E A R long in 6 months.
Here’s too a happy Man cat Monday

Pat Hatt
3 months ago

Yeah, hurricanes can hit hard here too. Had our worst ever last year. So ready we are.

3 months ago

you are sooooo handsome and I love that extend paw.. hope lots and lots of kitties are adopted this month and next month tooooo…. we are hurricane watchers and always prepared since we live in FL

You sure are a handsome kitty ~ wishing you best each moment in June ~ Xox

Be Safe, Be Well,

Teddy
3 months ago

Hi Brian….Happy June! I’m sure this will be an interesting month but let’s just hope no bad coastal storms. Weather has been so weird through winter who the heck knows what June and summer will bring. Whatever it brings – we’ll get thru it right? Right!

3 months ago

Brian, the moment the calendar clicks to January 1, I am impatient for this time of year to arrive…and then it does, and I go WHOA! How did that happen?!?

Sandee
3 months ago

June indeed and we’re most ready for summer and all that brings. We live in earthquake country and those are scary enough. I can’t imagine going through a hurricane. I know you all plan for everything.

Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to all the kitties and my best to the peeps. ♥

3 months ago

Those hurricanes must be terrifying. We hope they will be few and far between this year. And that you will have a nice, dry June.

Tama and Genji

3 months ago

Just don’t send any o those ‘cane things up here ‘cept if they’re nip canes. Happy June.

Catwoods
3 months ago

Looking good today! We live inland too but in a Gulf State, so we have effects from hurricanes. Even Katrina, it had just been downgraded from hurricane to tropical storm but it was still scary. Stay safe from those mean storms!

Ellen Pilch
Ellen Pilch
3 months ago

I did not know that, but I am hoping to adopt a cat if my hubby lets me. Someone I know asked me to take in one being bullied where it currently resides after her owner passed away.

Catscue
3 months ago

Yay June! Hopefully tornado season is over here in Texas! You are uber-handsome today Mr. Brian.

Bell Fur Zoo
3 months ago

Mama has already started to check and restock our hurrycane supplies since we are only an hour inland from da coast of FL. We are keeping our paws crossed dat June is nice to us.

3 months ago

We’re lucky that we don’t get hurricanes around here but it’s always good to have a plan in case of emergency.

The LLB Gang
3 months ago

We also have our emergency plan in place(for fires and earthquakes)…and it’s almost time for a practice run!
xoxo,
Rosy, Jakey & Arty

Our May was the driest and warmest on record, but winter was also one of the wettest.
I hope those hurricanes keep away from you.

Diane
Diane
3 months ago

May sure was nutty – hope, the squirrels were happy 🙂 Let’s hope hurricanes pass us by this summer – we’ve been through so much stress already. Our shelters are still “by appointment only”. Can’t wait to visit again some day soon.

Melissa Lapierre
3 months ago

Let’s hope June is better than May! I’m not getting my hopes up though.

hairballsandhissyfits
3 months ago

We don’t have hurricans or earthquakes here outside of Toronto! But boy do we get snow!! Stay safe~

Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
3 months ago

A hurricane or two might settle things down.

Kitties Blue
3 months ago

You look adorable in your photo, Brian. Dad Tom asked Mom today if she knew it was Adopt a Cat Month. She, of course, answered, “yes” and then asked him if he was suggesting they adopt another cat. He rolled his eyes and laughed. Mom would adopt another in a heart beat, but she is reasonable enough to know that she and Dad really can’t afford to support another kitty, We definitely think there are enough of us, but we definitely encourage others to adopt. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper… Read more »

Just Ducky
3 months ago

Glad I don’t have to worry about hurrycanes.

messymimi
3 months ago

We are in the area to which people evacuate should storms threaten, so we shelter in place. As usual, we are as ready as you can ever be for such a thing.

Peppulady (Dora
3 months ago

No I didn’t know it was to adopt a shelter cat

Anne Robinson
3 months ago

Always enjoy your photos! The best of felines. Always a pleasure to stop by and say hello. Be safe if those storms roll in your way. We have so much going on, please stay safe and happy. HUGS

Meezer'sMews & Terrieristical Woofs

June is a great month!! The start of summer and all…

We get bad storms here, hurricane season or not…and we might have some tomorrow…sigh…that means unhooking from visiting our furends…

Ananka
3 months ago

Lovely photo chilling! Hopefully June will be a bit more normal!

Cathy Kennedy
3 months ago

Brian,   We had lots of rain, too! I’m not how rainy it was but it seems like it was one of the wettest Mays for us, as well. And, the wind…oh, my has it ever been gustier than normal. Last month was a nutty one and I don’t think this month will be a lot better. Sure, things are opening and people are easing back into regular work schedules but the accidents. Gracious, those are popping up more quickly than I had hoped. It’s just crazy the number of daily reports that DH gets text alerts for and I… Read more »

Little Binky and Granny

Times fly, Brian, but we sure hope you’re all safe from the Hurricanes🙏😸Extra Pawkisses🐾😽💞