Sister Saturday Caturday Art with Seal and the Disappearing Decorations

sister saturday seal 01 01022021

Hello everyone, WOW! It’s not only hard to believe that Christmas is gone already, but now we’re in a brand new year. Here’s hoping that 2021 is kinder and gentler. So, today I’ve been laying here on the steps watching what is going on.

Ya know what? I should probably say I’m laying he watching what is going away. All of our pretty Christmas decorations are disappearing. The Mom has been packing things up. Really? I liked all of those pretty decorations. Oh, and our tree, it’s starting to look naked. How embarrassing.

Oh well, tis the season I guess. I’m sure they’ll be back next year, and likely before you know it. I hope y’all are having a nice New Year so far and we hope it only gets better from here on out.

Okay, enough about the disappearing decorations, it’s time for my art for the Caturday Art Blog Hop…

sister saturday seal 02 01022021

Today I used I used Lunapic, the Landscape Art Effect set at 80%, then I added the Needlepoint Effect set at 90%. Have a super Saturday everyone, Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

CaturdayArtBanner

Summer
14 days ago

My human was a little late getting the tree up, so she is leaving it for a few more days before taking it down.

14 days ago

You do look a little sad, Seal. We follow tradition and keep our decorations up until January 6th.

Tama and Genji

14 days ago

as long it is only decorations and not any cats, we are good with that. i just came from a blog that said she came home yesterday from her daughters house and by the time she went to bed it was all down and packed away. I will miss all your pretty glass trees until next year.. I usually take down all Christmas on NY day except the tree in the nook, it has stayed as late as Feb in the past. so far nothing has come down in our house

14 days ago

Mom said all is back to normal here.

Teddy
14 days ago

Hi Seal…..I feel your pain. Today Mom is taking all our stuff down and packing it up too. My beloved tree that I SOOOOO love to nap under is going back in a box. Seems mean – can it breathe in there even if it’s not real? I guess I can just start looking forward to NEXT Christmas. Purrrrhaps that will get me through the next 12 months.

14 days ago

Seal, you are one cool customer!

14 days ago

Hello Seal and your beautiful peepers….I bet Mom is very very careful(and needs no feline assistance) when she packs up all the gorgeous decorations
Hugs Cecillia

14 days ago

Our decorations don’t start disappearing until Epiphany so we have a couple more days. We wish they could stay up all year!!

Diane
Diane
14 days ago

Happy New Year and may it be a better year for human and for all living things.

14 days ago

Our decorations are still up but they will probably come down soon. You look great in both versions of your picture, Seal.

Everything looks bare when the decorations come down. Ours stay up until Twelfth Night, January 6th.
Your art is lovely.

Athena and Marie

Beautiful art.

Happy New Year to you x

Leah
14 days ago

Awww, it’s always a little sad when the Christmas decorations get taken down. But they do come back. You look stunning today Seal, in both selfie and art!

Marv, Jo Jo, Kozmo, Cinnamon & Barb

Seal! You are gorgeous! We LOVE the painting…this one should be printed on canvas and hung over your fireplace! Our decorations will be up for another week. We will be having a Ukrainian Christmas this year in memory of our Daddy. We are quite looking forward to having the feast (and more gifts too).
Purrs
Marv, Jo Jo, Kozmo, cinnamon and Barb

Oh Seal ~ you are beautiful ~ lovely photo of you ~ ^_^

Wishing you a Happy, Creative and Healthy New Year,

Just Ducky
14 days ago

Mum hasn’t started to put the decorations away just yet. She may do some tomorrow.

Ellen Pilch
Ellen Pilch
14 days ago

We leave our decorations up until Epiphany (usually longer) which is my hubby’s b’day. Your mom does all that work, she should enjoy it longer. Beautiful art. XO

Timmy Tomcat
14 days ago

Yep Seal we have a feeling ours are going to be hiding away till next year soon too

Valerie Mendoza

What beautiful cats!

The Oceanside Animals
14 days ago

Charlee: “I hope you at least got to spend some time inside the boxes while the decorations were getting packed up, Seal!”

Valentine
13 days ago

Seeing your pretty face has already made the start of the New Year terrific!

13 days ago

The saddest time of the year is when our pretty decorations disappear!

Guido the Italian Kitty

Catzowey! Our ornaments go disappearing cuz we meowsters bat them off the trees! Happy Happy MEW year to you my pals!

K Bear
13 days ago

Aw, Sister Seal. Those decorations will come back again next year!

13 days ago

Very pretty art, Seal. Our decorations disappeared today too.

messymimi
13 days ago

When we used to decorate, some stuff came down on Jan. 1 but some stayed through Three Kings Day (Epiphany, or Little Christmas, Jan. 6). Who knows, maybe you can talk your people into keeping a few things out that long.

Nice art!

13 days ago

You are a beautiful painting, Seal. The peeps don’t put away our decorations until January 6th. Pop was mentioning how pretty the tree is and they should leave it another month but TW is slightly allergic so that isn’t happening.

Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
13 days ago

I hate when the decorations go down. It is like the Grinch visited.

Peppylady(Dora)
13 days ago

I am sure all glitz and such of Christmas will be back in 2021. Next weekend I will start taking down our holiday pretties
Coffee is on and stay safe

13 days ago

Nice artwork, Seal! So pretty. 🙂

Our decorations are still up. Mom and Dad say we can leave them up for awhile; I like the decorations and tree a lot, so it’s fine by me. Hugs! – Ava

The J-Cats
13 days ago

That’s lovely art, Seal! And don’t worry – the decorations will be back next year (or do We mean this year?)

ATCAD ~Scylla, Chimera, Yin, Yang, Fenris & Tuiren

Your art is gorgeous Mom says the tree is probably going as she would like to use the door, but she’ll leave everything else out until the end of January.

Little Binky and Granny

That’s beautiful artwork Seal. Is the needlepoint also an effect of Lunapic, if so, we have to try that one too once. Our decorations are gone too, I’m glad it’s all back to normal..well…at least here in our house…MOL. Extra Pawkisses for all of you🐾😽💞

Caren
13 days ago

What? Your decorations are gone already? My Mom has to still hang up some cards she received!! Love your artwork! Love, Roary

Ananka
12 days ago

Great photo. All the best for 2021 😀

Pat Hatt
8 days ago

Naked trees can be fun to climb. Just saying lol