It’s Tabby Tuesday: Pondering the Upstairs Bed Issue

tabby tuesday simon 02162021

Howdy everyone and welcome to Tabby Tuesday. I’m up here in the Cat Tree Top and I’m pondering the upstairs bed issue. Yes, there is an issue with the bed upstairs and I have yet to figure out how to solve it. I’m working on it though and even Sister Seal is helping me.

Let me explain. You see, we don’t have UTB (Under the Bed) here, at least there hasn’t been since Seal and I were adopted. Brian tells me that because he and so many others over the years have to take medicine everyday and Under the Bed was the go to hidey spot. That wasn’t working for the Medicine Man so he eliminated the Under the Bed Option.

Well, when the new room got opened upstairs sure enough there was a bed in there. We can see Under the Bed, but we can’t get there. The Medicine Man has it screened off so it’s a No-Go-Zone! How rude is that?!?! I’ve tried moving those screen things but the won’t budge. I’ve tried pulling on them, I’ve tried pushing on them. Nope, ain’t nothing working.

I’m not giving up though, I’ll keep trying to figure out how to get under there. Maybe I can find a solution on the interwebs. Have a super nice Tabby Tuesday everyone. Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

easyweimaraner
15 days ago

we have no utb here either…. is that a reason to sue da staff? we think it is… ;O)

That is tantalising to be able to see UTB but not be able to get there.

stevebethere
15 days ago

Well I do hope you solve the issue very soon lol but in the meanttime you LQQK as regal as ever up there 🙂

Have a royaltasticsafe day 😷😷😷

Madison
15 days ago

You could come to our house as we have 3 under the beds available. Sophie is the only one who goes there but she is naughty. She actually made a hole in the bottom of the mattress and climbs up into it. Mom was not happy when she found out about that, but it is too late.

Mickeys Musings
15 days ago

How rude that UTB is not available to you kitties!
I have UTB but it is not really a hiding spot as mum is very good at moving the bed :/
Lucky for me I don’t have too many reasons so hide there 😉
Purrs, Julie

Diane
Diane
15 days ago

WOW, that dad is quite the trickster isn’t her, how mean! LOL

15 days ago

Boy the UTB has foiled mom many many times! Mim closes the doors if she has to in order to keep me out.

Charles Huss
15 days ago

You can try UTS (under the sheets).

Madsnapper
Madsnapper
15 days ago

At first I thought you were talking about the upstairs bed that is just to your left only a few steps up and I wondered about that but then I read the rest of the post and what a great idea to put a screen there. My son and his wife had a cat that used to go out in the middle up at the back of the king-size bed they’re both very tall so they have an extra big bed and nobody could get her out when she went there she had to come out by herself so we… Read more »

Teddy
15 days ago

Well the easiest solution is of course to cooperate and take your meds (!) but I know that’s not FUN – purrhaps staying in the very tippity top spot on the cat tree might work for a while…..until Medicine Man brings in a stepladder or footstool and captures you!

15 days ago

All the beds in our house are platform beds so there is no UTB here either. It would be a little difficult for us to fit under many beds anyway but it does sound like a fun place to hide.

15 days ago

Aww that is an awesome photo of you with your beautiful eyes ~ am sure you will find a solution to under the bed ~

Moment by Moment,

Simon I have nearly fallen out of my chair MOL MOL MOL at this sentence:
“The Medicine Man has it screened off so it’s a No-Go-Zone! ”
The medicine man is not rude he is BRILLIANT!!! Remember he has the thumbs.

messymimi
15 days ago

UTB is not that much fun, i’d stick to fun places if i were you!

Ellen Pilch
Ellen Pilch
15 days ago

I know you will get it all figured out soon.

Sandee
15 days ago

It gives you something to do each day, but I’m not thinking you’re going to get under the bed. Your parents have outsmarted you. It’s what they do to make their lives easier. I get that.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Scritches all around and my best to your clever peeps.l ♥

klara
15 days ago

I am sure you’ll figure out the way ;-).

Marv, Jo Jo, Kozmo, Cinnamon & Barb

Oh No! Our Mom now has a solution to the UTB problem! In the townhouse the UTB was no problem but here-it is. But we have a secret weapon…Jo Jo is adept at ripping holes in the screen doors! And we have our other secret hiding spot, we crawl inside the sofa in the man cave! Have a nice day guys. Your happiness is my happiness!

Darla M Sands
15 days ago

I bet you’ll solve the puzzle. 🙂

Ananka
15 days ago

Haha UTB is where my cats hide too! I leave it free from them still. Lovely photo 😀

15 days ago

We would suggest finding other ways to spend your time, Simon. You don’t want to hide your handsome self UTB!

Tama and Genji

Catscue
15 days ago

I bet seeing and not being able to under is frustrating for a curious cat like you Simon – hang in there, I bet you find a way – MOL!

15 days ago

There’s no under the bed here either…too much stuff stashed under there! MOL

Summer
15 days ago

No fair blocking off the area underneath the bed. I’m sure you and Seal will figure out a workaround.

The OP Pack
The OP Pack
15 days ago

Simon, we hope you figure it out, but if WE had a bed like that, we would be much more interested in getting ON the bed than UNDER the bed since we aren’t allowed in any of the rooms that have human beds.

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Pam
Pam
15 days ago

Wow…..Dad has you guys figured out. But you also need to remember that Dad is doing this for your own good. If you take meds, Dad needs to be able to get to you to give you those meds. He loves you and that is why he does it……Ignore the under the bed….

Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
15 days ago

Start clawing at the downstairs ceiling until you make a hole then pull yourself up.

Ivan and Izzy from WMD

We’re rooting for you, Simon!

15 days ago

That Medicine Man is pretty clever, Simon. Good luck on figuring the UTB thing out!

Peppylady(Dora)
15 days ago

I could fit under the bed in more.
Coffee is on and stay safe

14 days ago

I hope by now you’ve gotten some good advices in the comments. TW and Pop keep underbed boxes for their junk\ although I can still crawl under TW’s via the hole Nicky tore in her box spring. Perhaps you can try that.

Angie
14 days ago

Oh dear – how rude to block off UTB!!! I hope you can find an answer on the interwebs!

Lone Star Cats
14 days ago

Bowie can open doors – he just jumps and grabs the handle. Maybe he could help.

14 days ago

Simon, we did the same thing when Celestial Angel and Chuck came to live with us as wee babes; all of the beds were removed from the bed frames!

Jan K
12 days ago

That medicine man is a pretty smart guy! It’s not easy to outsmart cats – and we bet you won’t give up trying to prove that, Simon! 🙂