Mancat Monday: Better Rain Than Ice or Snow

35 Comments on Mancat Monday: Better Rain Than Ice or Snow
mancat monday brian 02152021

Hello everyone, welcome to a wet and rainy Mancat Monday in the South. I swear, they must have moved Monsoon Season, it’s been raining here since last Wednesday and it’s supposed to rain here the rest of the week. It sure is gray and gloomy and devoid of sunpuddles.

But, as we all know, it could always be worse, right. Our Dad’s Grandma had a favorite saying, she’d say “people told me to cheer up, things could be worse. Well, I cheered up and sure enough things got worse!”. She must have been a character. Anywho, I know lots of you have having much worse weather with tons of snow and lots of that evil icy stuff. Yikes! We hope y’all are remaining safe, warm and dry. We do know from lots of experience that ice storms are nothing to mess with.

Don’t forget that Wednesday the 17th is Random Acts of Kindness Day and Saturday the 20th is National Love Your Pet Day. Have a fun Manacat Monday everyone and remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Gattina
16 days ago

We also have rain today !! and it’s much warmer, but still I prefer my armchair !

easyweimaraner
16 days ago

guess what? that’s what we said too and the rain came and the snow is gone YAY!

Teddy
16 days ago

Rain is definitely better than snow or sleet – we had some rain yesterday which washed away some of our snow. Finally. Stay cozy!

Derry and the biped
Derry and the biped
16 days ago

Apparently we’re getting a huge winter storm starting tonight and into tomorrow, and then more snow on Thursday and Friday. At least the biped works from home now and doesn’t have to commute! We’re looking forward to spring for sure, though we don’t have any confidence that the roof won’t leak again. So maybe snow is better for now. Lol.

Anyway you stay safe and warm, snug and dry, Brian. 🙂

Madison
16 days ago

We find rain to be extremely depressing. It is good for napping but that is about it. Ice is terrible, so we are glad you are happy for your rain.

Homestead Prowlers
16 days ago

Hang in there! The sun will be glorious when it appears again and will bring the most pawsome sun puddles. Happy Monday!

Mickeys Musings
16 days ago

Sorry to hear you have so much rain Brian.
It’s way more fun to look out the window when it’s sunny.
We still have our snow, but it’s not so bad if you’re dressed for it or so mum says.
I am happy to be indoors!
Purrs, Julie

We had rain forecast all day today, but it is not coming until this evening now. I could give a more accurate forecast by just looking out the window!

16 days ago

Happy ManCat Monday. We got some rain Saturday night which we really needed We still could use more.

16 days ago

You and I have the same weathers, Brian. I’m always surprised by that as several hundred miles are between us. One of my brothers in Charlotte is also having rain constantly. Brian, you and I, Katie, even had to build an ark at the same time many many times. We too have rain all week and this week now, it says every day.

16 days ago

my son in TN has had rain for a week, not sure where you are. we had rain, but here it comes and goes in an hour or two… the pool is covered in yellow scum from pine and oak pollen.. it is now offically Zyrtec time

klara
16 days ago

hahah, had to smile at Grandma’s wisdom.

Sandee
16 days ago

Sounds like grandma was a fun lady. It’s just been gloomy here and it rained last night. We’re happy for any rain we get. I can’t imagine being in all the ice some folks are. Stay safe everyone.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Scritches to all the kitties and my best to your wonderful peeps. ♥

16 days ago

Brian OMCs my Bryan and I were just saying that very thing. We don’t remember moving into a rain forest but then 2020 was so weird who knows.
We’ve had 2 1/2″ of rain since Thursday. Tstorms predicted for this afternoon.

16 days ago

Sweet kitty ~ you know how to spend a rainy day ~ great photo of you!

Moment by Moment,

Pinot and Angel Momo
16 days ago

I agree! Rainy days are not very nice but it was windchill -19C here in Toronto the other day. Brrrrrrr. bol

Marv, Jo Jo, Kozmo, Cinnamon & Barb

Brian! We are totally with you on rain vs snow! Unless the rain turns into snow. YUCK! Terrifc shot of you on Man Cat Monday! AWWW-SOME! We hope you and your family have a marvellously Happy Day!

Annabelle
16 days ago

We’ve also had a LOT of rain, but it’s better than what they are experiencing in many parts of the US. So call us thankful.

Tom Fishworthy
16 days ago

Brian, we’re happy you’re getting rain instead of the ice and snow. It’s awful way up here north ways..could get up to 10 inches before it’s all over tomorrow night. Bridget, Penny and I are planning to ignore the whole thing and nap!

Ananka

Lovely photo 😀

We had snow all last week and the rain came and now the snow has melted, which is good as life can go back to normal. We were snowed in yikes!

The OP Pack
The OP Pack
16 days ago

Well, it is freaking frigid here and it is snowing too. We can’t complain too much because we are Northern Breed pups. But Mom sure wishes it could warm up some.

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Pat Hatt
16 days ago

haha she sounds like fun. Yeah, rain beats piles of crummy snow.

Kathe W.
16 days ago

Oh my I’ll take rain any day compared to the ice and snow we have been having here in
the Pacific Northwest! Have a snuggly day!

16 days ago

Right now it’s warmer here than in Texas and OK. OMC! Someday the rain will stop.

Emma and Buster
16 days ago

Today we have the gloomy in the morning, but a little sunpuddle in the pm.

Diane
Diane
16 days ago

Freezing sleet expected to start here this evening low of 28 tonight. Glad you guys are all warm and cozy – crazy weather everywhere.

16 days ago

Your dad’s grandma sounds adorable! I’ve heard the first part of that phrase, but not the second.

Ellen Pilch
Ellen Pilch
16 days ago

Yes, it could be worse with a foot of snow of something. 🙂

Ernie the Island Cat
16 days ago

Brian, we’re suppose to get a ton of snow tonight. I’d much rather have your rain.

messymimi
messymimi
16 days ago

We have some ice, but the sun came out tonight and so i am praying we have no more of that. You look very manly in your picture!

Summer
16 days ago

No rain here – we are the only part of the country that seems to be having nice weather right now. I’m not taking that for granted.

Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
16 days ago

Be happy you are cats and have a nice box inside to do your business in

Ivan and Izzy from WMD

We’ve got the freezies here but thank goodness no rolling blackouts!

15 days ago

We’ve still got a lot of snow on the ground, and are suppsed to get some snow and freezing rain tonight. Ick. Stay safe and warm, sweet pals!

Darla M Sands
15 days ago

That saying cracked me up. I must share with my husband. 🙂 Stay safe and warm, my dears.