Mancat Monday: Here Is How I Forecast the Weather

mancat monday brian 10042021

Howdy gang, welcome to the first Mancat Monday of October.  It’s really hard to believe that October is here.  It seems like we just started Summer and now Halloween will be here before you know it.  Thanksgiving and Christmas won’t be far behind.

Anyways, I often make fun of our weather guessers, mostly because they seem to guess wrong lots of times.  Well, my prediction is it’s gonna rain, lots and often this week.  How do I know?  I got up and looked out the window and it’s a bit wet out there.  Maybe they need to get up and look out their windows!

In case you were wondering, I’m still doing “okay”, a bit more active and half way through weaning off of my second med.  So far, so good. Oh, and while I’m thinking about it, we’ve got a very busy week so we might be late visiting your blog lots this week.  Have fun Monday and remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Notify of
guest

That is a much more accurate way to predict the weather than the weather guessers do. I am glad you are doing well with weaning off your pills. I wish my doctor would use the same approach instead of keep adding more.

easyweimaraner
12 days ago

we hope all things you planned will work out like eggs-pected ;O)

12 days ago

We had so much rain over the weekend here, so we are hoping for more dry weather!

Tama and Benny

angiesrecipes
12 days ago

I trust you more than the weather man, Brian :-))

Teddy
11 days ago

Well you are a very good weather-cat Brian. I think you probably do a better job of it than the so-called pros! So happy you are feeling better – keep it up my friend!

Darla M Sands
11 days ago

You and I share this opinion on so-called forecasters. lol Keep on getting better, sweetie.

Madison
11 days ago

We don’t rely a whole lot on those weather people either. Looking out the window and stepping out the door is much more reliable.

Charles Huss
11 days ago

I’m good at weather predicting too. I predict that it will be dark tonight. 🙂

Derry and the biped
11 days ago

Hi Brian. We’re quite sure you can do a far better job at weather prediction than the meteorologists!

We hope your “okay” transitions to “great” in due time. Lots of purrs and purrayers. ♥

11 days ago

Brian that is 100% how we forecast the weather too. So many times have listened to their babbling only to be disappointed, wet or cold

CatonsvilleCats
11 days ago

Looking out the window is the best way!

Sandee
11 days ago

Yes it’s almost Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas is right behind that.

You can ship some of that rain here. We’re still in smoke for the most recent fires. We’re safe, but it’s a summer of smoke again.

I’m glad you’re doing better, Brian. Big healing hugs coming your way.

Have a purrfect day and week. Scritches all around and my best to your wonderful peep. ♥

Lola The Rescued Cat
11 days ago

You’re a better weather predictor than the man on tv here, that’s for sure. We’re glad to hear you’re continuing to improve.

madsnapper
11 days ago

everyone needs time off for business! you are looking like a proper weather person to me! good job. we can tell if it is rain with thunder because we don’t hear it, he he he

11 days ago

The weather peeps here aren’t any better than yours. We’re glad to hear you are doing well getting off your meds and we will keep our paws crossed that everything continues to go well, too.

Lucy and Xena
11 days ago

Hi Brian. You forecast weather the same as Mom. And you’re both right more often than those guys on TV. XOXO Xena and Lucy

Zoolatry
11 days ago

You’re even an improved over our “old” farmer’s almanac! (to all … good wishes for the week ahead …)

Timmy Tomcat
11 days ago

Brian we do the same thing and looking out the window seems to be way more accurate than all whatever the guessers do. We are so glad you are doing well and will continue our purrs and prayers for you dear friend

Diane
Diane
11 days ago

Glad you are doing well Brian. We are in for a rainy week as well.

Granny Annie
11 days ago

Sounds like an accurate forecast:-)

Caren
11 days ago

MOL MOL MOL!! Looking out the window is a good way of predicting!!

The Oceanside Animals
11 days ago

Charlee: “Hey, Brian, do you have one of those weather rocks?”
Chaplin: “What’s a weather rock?”
Charlee: “You know … If the rock is wet, it’s raining; if you can’t see the rock, it’s foggy; if the rock is buried under white stuff, it’s snowing …”

Leah
11 days ago

We’ve used your technique to forecast rain here all summer, and this week too, Brian! Good to hear that things are going smoothly weaning off the meds. You look gorgeous today!

da tabbies o trout towne
da tabbies o trout towne
11 days ago

dood….hopin all iz well with ewe N de crew N heerz hopin yur ween time iz knot ruff on ya ~~~~~~~~ we like ta pre dictz weatherz two; we noe two day…it will KNOT snowz !! 🙂 ♥♥

Catscue Catmom
11 days ago

MOL! I wish those weather guessers would look out the window once in a while too! I’m glad you are doing well with getting off those meds, we’re sending purrs your way Brian.

Ellen Pilch
Ellen Pilch
11 days ago

I trust your forecast more than meteorologist. XO

The LLB Gang
11 days ago

Glad you are feeling ok Brian…and we definitely think you have the right idea…looking out the window is the best way to get an accurate weather forecast!
xoxo,
Sunny and the Gang

Regine Karpel
Regine Karpel
11 days ago

Have a wonderful day friend.

Kinga

So gorgeous ❤

The Swiss Cats
11 days ago

You’re doing a great job at weather prediction, Brian. Zorro is informing Claire that way : if he goes out in the garden and then runs back indoor like crazy early morning as soon as he hears the bedroom door, and then jumps all wet in the bed, you can bet it’s raining, MOL ! Purrs, Pixie

Karen
11 days ago

Glad you are doing okay. That is how I predict the weather too!

The OP Pack
The OP Pack
11 days ago

We could use some of that rain here, Brian. Can you send some vibes to our weather predictors to find some for us too? We are happy to hear that things are going pretty well for you and hope each day is a little better than the one before.

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Feline Opines
11 days ago

We agree about the window thing. The Human is constantly meowing about the weather and checking the weather app on her phone. Looking out the window makes much more sense!
Purrs & Head Bonks,
Alberto

11 days ago

Looking out the window is definitely the most accurate!

11 days ago

We’re so happy you are doing well. Please feel free to send rain to us.

Ernie the Island Cat
11 days ago

Yeah, Brian…I never understand how the weather guessers get it wrong so many times. You should take over their jobs.

messymimi
messymimi
11 days ago

Looking out the window and seeing if there are clouds building up is a good way to tell what the weather might do.

Good luck on the rest of the medicine weaning.

K Bear
11 days ago

I agree! They need to look out the window just like you do!

foley monster and pocket
foley monster and pocket
11 days ago

We are glad you are doing okay. We say your guess is as good as the weathermen.

Summer
11 days ago

I’m sending more purrs your way, Brian, as you continue weaning off the meds.

11 days ago

Great way to view of weather. NOAA online is pretty much a joke. Hope your week is busy for a good reason, not human or cat vet visits.

Meezer'sMews&Terrieristical Woofs

Its wet and reary with drizzle here too, most of the day, and the forecast was for partly sunny…yup…sunny behind all those clouds, LOL!

Glad you are doing well, Brain. We continue to send our pawyers.

Marie Moody aka XmasDolly @Monday's Music Moves Me

Hello, hello I’m back too, but not cuz I was sick (I added you to my prayer list & pray you get better really soon). Hugs, Marie from XmasDolly. Your kitty is so cute. My hubby says no cuz we have our dog. Now don’t get me wrong I love Charlie, but he might make friends with a kitty, right. My daughter has a lab and 2 kitties and they all get along great. hmmmm oh well… do stop by soon. Click my snowflakes and the title clears from the flakes. I don’t know why – still workin’ on that… Read more »

Patricia
10 days ago

Good to hear you are feeling better. As for the weather…it happens and there is nothing we can do about it but accept whatever it is.

10 days ago

Glad you are doing well with tapering off your meds ~ Sweet photo of you ~ Xo

Living in the moment,

Cathy Kennedy
9 days ago

Brian,

The weather guessers get it wrong here, too. Looking out the window has worked for years. Oh sure, maybe we can’t tell what the extended forecast will do but for the day we probably can figure it out. 🙂 I’m happy you’re doing better, my furriend!

7 days ago

Brian, I look at the weather app on my phone, and it changes all of the time.
Weather guessing is the correct term!