Mancat Monday: The Time Changed Again

39 Comments on Mancat Monday: The Time Changed Again
mancat monday 03142022

Hello everyone, I know I shouldn’t be tired from the silly time change but for some reason I am, at least a bit.  Time changes are always a bit confusing too, not only for us, but for our ferals too.  They didn’t seem to mind getting their breakfast a bit early though.

Oh, it has been below freezing here and I’m sure glad the feral houses are still loaded up with straw.  Here I thought we were done with all of that cold stuff, apparently not though.  I’ve been doing my share of snuggling up keeping warm.

I know you’re probably wondering about our Dad.  He’s doing okay with the healing so I guess I can say he’s doing a little better each day.  He has a way to go yet, but at least there’s forward progress. His post-surgery visit isn’t until March 22nd and he’s still not allowed to do too much.  He said to thank you again for all of the well wishes.

Have a super Monday and a fabulous week everyone. Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

easyweimaraner
6 months ago

have some days till it starts here too… and we hate it… it brings te next chaos to us… sigh…

angiesrecipes
6 months ago

Good to know that your dad is doing well and on the mend, Brian. At the end of March, we will have summer time too. Hope our new kitties wouldn’t have any problem with it. Enjoy your nap 🙂

Teddy
6 months ago

Glad to hear your Dad is feeling better……major surgery takes time to recover from that’s for sure. We’re all thinking ENOUGH IS ENOUGH for this winter weather…..bring on Spring!

Molly
6 months ago

Daylight savings time is such a pain for an entire week while our bodies and tummies adjust. We’re happy to hear that your dad is progressing, Brian.

Madison
6 months ago

It’s a bummer when humans are ill or recovering and they can’t do much, but we can use the time for extra gentle cuddles. We hope he continues to heal well and gets a good report next week when he sees the human vet.

6 months ago

Beau forgot to ask for his mid afternnon food, he eats at 3:00 his 2nd meal of the day and did not woo woo at us, he thought it was only 2.. he is confused a little and me a lot. glad your dad is getting better each day.

Derry and the biped
6 months ago

We’re glad your dad is improving, even if more slowly than he probably would like. Progress is progress!

As for that time change…ugh. The biped does better with the spring one, but even so, she feels like she needs a few hours of sleep to catch up. LOL.

Take care, sending hugs and purrs to you all.

Charles Huss
6 months ago

I’m glad Dad is getting better and the ferals are staying warm.

Diane
Diane
6 months ago

Glad for the dad update Brian; hope he will soon be up and running around like Simon.

Sandee
6 months ago

We didn’t like the time change either. I wish they would just leave it alone. Messes all of us up.

Thank you for the update on dad. He’ll be better in a couple of weeks. I do remember that surgery. I kept saying don’t laugh and don’t cough.

Have a purrfect day and week. Scritches all around and my best to your peeps. ♥

6 Fur Angels Mom (Sue)
6 months ago

Glad your Dad is feeling better and healing well. It’s a royal pain when we have to go slow, but it’s for the best. I think a lot of us humans need to “stop and smell the flowers” more often.

Glad the ferals have been keeping warm! Looks like winter is going to go out like a lion this year.

Lucy and Xena
6 months ago

Mom says she’s glad that now we’re not “bugging” her when she’s a few minutes late with our supper. That makes no sense! She’s been feeding us early and we love it! Soft woofs and tail wags to your Dad. XOX Xena, Lucy and Chia

Eastside Cats Blog
6 months ago

We know that you, Seal, and Simon are doing lots of purring for your dad, but remember that your mom needs support too; her life was thrown for a loop, and with her upcoming birthday, she’s probably feeling a bit blue (as I am, as we share the same birthday!)

6 months ago

Indeed the time changed and I do not like getting up at O’dark O’clock.
Healing hugs to Dad….tell him R&R will work wonders

databbiesotrouttowne
databbiesotrouttowne
6 months ago

dood….bass terd day lite savins time dinna make uz happee either….we had ta wait 9 extree hourz just ta get a 1:30 snax…well, it seemed like it anyway ….coz we don’t get snax….but ewe noe ~~~~ N speekin oh bass terd chckn, tell yur dad KNOT ta eat any & him will feel 100000000000000000 purrcent better soooper quik 🙂 ♥♥ and HI ta mom =^..^=

Katie isabella
6 months ago

I hate time changes…either way. PICK one for pity dake and just go with it! But Brian, I digress. Snuggle your Dad, you and Sea and Simon, and get him all better!

Pamela Jackson
6 months ago

I love a snuggling furbabe. Lily Bit snuggled with me this morn and I eat it up. You are just so adorable.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren

Poor Dad!! He does so much that it must be really hard for him to be still and not do anything. Tell him to be SURE to follow the doctor’s orders!!!!! Oh and we aren’t fans of the time change either. I think we should stay at “fall back” forever lol

Leah
6 months ago

We’ve had some cold nights too, Brian, brrr. Good to hear that your Dad is doing better, it does take time. We don’t like the time changes either, we wish they would pick one and stick with it! Cute picture of you today!

6 months ago

The time change thing is tiring and a bit confusing. We’re glad to hear your dad is doing well.

catscue
6 months ago

The weather has been wonky here lately too, stay warm sweet boy! We’re glad to hear that your Dad is recovering and is resting up. Take are of each other and know that you all are in our thoughts and prayers.

Mary Kirkland
6 months ago

I’m glad to hear you are doing alright after surgery.

6 months ago

More healing purrz to your dad. I’ll bet the cold weather isn’t helping either.

I am glad your dad is doing well. Taking it easy is the most important thing. Sometimes it is easy to forget what you are not allowed to do and habit takes over. For example, after I had major surgery and came home from hospital Flynn came running out to meet me. I bent down to pick him up without thinking and Ivor stopped me just in time. I had been told I couldn’t lift anything. Please don’t make that mistake!

Ellen Pilch
6 months ago

I much prefer the fall back to the spring forward. I am glad your dad is healing. XO

6 months ago

We don’t like the time change either! Too confusing!

We’re glad your Dad is feeling better.

messymimi
6 months ago

That time change messes with all of us. Some states are considering opting out and at least one is trying to make Daylight Saving Time their new time for all year. That’s something i could go for!

Praying for your Dad’s speedy recovery.

6 months ago

Still sending you all lots of purrs!

Robin
6 months ago

Time changes are hard. I’m running a little slow myself from the time change. I’m glad to hear that your daddy is doing well. We’ve been praying and purring for him. We’ll keep that up and hope for a full recovery soon!

Patricia
6 months ago

Good to hear things are getting back to normal at your house. Keep taking care of your dad, and make sure he gets the rest he needs.

6 months ago

Brian, I’m still looking for that hour that I lost yesterday. Purrs for your dad. ~Ernie

Adventures of the LLB Gang

The time change really throws us for a loop too…except for getting our dinner an hour earlier…we really like that!
Continued POTP for your Dad!!
xoxo,
Rosy, Jakey and Sunny

Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
6 months ago

You are learning an important lesson: In nature there is no clock.

Citu
6 months ago

Me alegra que estés mejor y linda fotografía. Te mando un beso.

Peppylady(Dora)
6 months ago

I was pretty much sleep all day at work.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Summer
6 months ago

I’m glad to hear your human is healing! Keep taking good care of him.

Darla M Sands
6 months ago

What a sweet face. Keep your dad warm and entertained so he’s not tempted to overdue it, okay? ~hugs~

6 months ago

Oh look at that sweet little pink nose ~ Time change makes us all a bit weary I think ~ Great photo ~ Xo

Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

Little Binky and Granny

We’re into the time changing next week…I can see you have to catch up a lot of sleep Brian😸Healing Pawkisses for your dad and that he may feel better step by step🙏🐾😽💞