Saturday Special: Cat Tree Exploring with Kiki

40 Comments on Saturday Special: Cat Tree Exploring with Kiki
saturday special kiki 01 09032022

Hello everyone, remember me? It’s me Kiki and I’ve been having fun, there sure is lots to do here. Some of you asked how I got my name. Well, I’ll make a long story short, maybe. The Mom and Dad thought about bringing in two other outside young ones, but they got eaten by coyotes. There’s a place out back called Killer Corner, that’s where the coyotes come and go and that’s where kitties disappear.

When they decided to bring me inside I had to wait a few days for a Vet appointment to make sure all was good. The Dad kept singing to me “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” since he wanted me to keep far away from Killer Corner. That song was done by Elton John and Kiki Dee so naming me Kiki was a natural when I moved inside. I do get called Kiki Dee a lot and I do recognize that as my name.

Oh, one other bit of news before I show you my cat tree adventures. The Vet says all is good from my spay surgery and I’ve been placed back on the Active Duty Roster. It’s game on! Okay, it’s cat tree time…

saturday special kiki 02 09032022

I do love the top of this cat tree cubby. If you’re familiar with this kind of cat tree you can tell how small I am. In some of my pictures I look somewhat big like the other kitties, but I’m really pretty small.

saturday special kiki 03 09032022

I do like to lay inside of this small cubby too. It’s a pretty cozy place and sometimes I sleep in here at night. Most of the time I sleep through the night like the others, sometimes I want to party so I try waking everyone up.

saturday special kiki 04 09032022

This cat tree has three kitty cups and I do believe I’ve tried each and every one of them. At night, if I’m not sleeping in the cat tree cubby you’ll find me in one of the kitty cups.

saturday special kiki 05 09032022

I gotta say, I can get really relaxed in the kitty cups. Actually I can get kind of comfy just about anywhere, but these cat trees are the best invention ever. They are much more comfortable that the real trees outside. I got chased up in a tree outside once by a dog that got loose. That wasn’t fun but the Dad came outside and talked me down when it was safe.

Okay, I hope you enjoyed my cat tree adventures, I will be seeing you soon. Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

I am sorry the other young ones were taken by the coyotes, but very glad you stayed safe. Your name suits you. You look very cute in the cat tree.

Ananka
25 days ago

Sorry about the other young ones but so glad you are okay. You are such a gorgeous girl Kiki and love how your got your name. And of course I know Kiki Dee! Great photos <3

Teddy
25 days ago

Kiki you are adorable and we’re happy you were saved from the coyotes and now have a happy safe home. So sorry about the nasty coyotes taking the other kittens – that’s heartbreaking. Cat trees are a lot of fun and great exercise too!

madsnapper
25 days ago

great things come in small packages and you are truly great ad beautiful. so glad you are indoors away from dogs and coyotes. you fit purrfectly in with your siblings. kisses to your sweet face

angiesrecipes
25 days ago

Small or big, you are so cute, Kiki, I am glad that you are safe now.

Precious
25 days ago

I guess Kiki, you would be called the runt of the litter by your size. I’m not sure I like this idea of having coyotes so close to the house and all the feral cats. There are coyotes around here but I never really see any or even hear them near the house. So glad you made it safely in and that you’re climbing an indoor tree instead of an outdoor tree.

Mickeys Musings
25 days ago

I am so happy you are indoors where it is safe Kiki!
You could not get a better place !!!
Purrs, Julie

Diane
Diane
25 days ago

Great story Kiki and sorry the other kitties didn’t fare as well as you did. Years ago when we had indoor/outdoor cats we lost (3) over the years – one to a hit and run, and (2) to coyotes or a Fisher Cat that the UPS man told us he saw on our yard. When we moved all the cats from that day became indoor only. Too much danger outdoors.

25 days ago

Those photos are stunning! You are such a pretty girl, Kiki! And #1 says that she has that recoding with Elton John and Kiki Dee! We’re so glad all is good with you!

The Chans

Leah
25 days ago

I’m glad you are safe inside, Kiki, but so sad and sorry about the kitties taken by coyotes. You look adorable, and content!

Crystal And Daisy Mae
25 days ago

Sorry about other kitties but glad you made it inside and are having fun Kiki. Keep having fun.

Gidget Blue Sky

yoo r so dern cute!!!!!

25 days ago

You are so cute! We’re very sad about the others. We have coyotes here too.

24 days ago

Kiki Dee and staff thank you for telling us. I love that name and so funny how it came about. I’m sorry about the other feral kitties.
Kiki I have another question…MOL MOL….please ask the staff to give us a good description of your fur color. I want to say grayish creamy beige. It too is quite unique just like your name. Hugs Cecilia

PS active duty roster…that means Kiki is cooking with steam in 8 cylinders
MOL

Molly
24 days ago

You are such a cutie, Kiki Dee, and we love how you got your name and we’re very happy that the evil coyotes left you alone.

Eastside Cats Blog
24 days ago

We have the sads for any kitty that falls prey to the coyotes, Kiki.
You are adorable, and it’s good to read that you’ve been cleared for active duty again.
Go forth and create chaos, little one.

24 days ago

Oh Kiki ~ you are just so adorable and beautiful and awesome photos of you ~ glad you are having fun now ~ be well ~ be safe and cozy ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

(aks A Creative Harbor)

Wendy
24 days ago

Kiki looks adorable, especially in that first one. My what big eyes you have my dear! Exploring the cat tree is a good idea, just so you know where all available sleeping spots may be. Who knows when they’ll be otherwise occupied.

24 days ago

You sure look like you are enjoying exploring that cat tree. There are lots of great napping spots on it. We’re glad to hear you are all healed from your surgery, too.

Ernie the Island Cat
24 days ago

Kiki, you are adorable! I’m so glad you’re safe inside now. ~Ernie

Mary Kirkland

Kiki is just adorable.

24 days ago

I love the story of your name! I’m so glad you didn’t disappear.

Ellen J Pilch
24 days ago

All coyotes should be shot. I am so glad he rescued you. XO

Barb
24 days ago

Great pictures Kiki! You are beautiful!

Last edited 24 days ago by Barb
Peppylady(Dora)
24 days ago

Look like your quite comfort in your new environment.
Coffee is on and stay safe

citu
24 days ago

Es una linda gatita. Te mando un beso.

citu
24 days ago

Es una linda gatita. Te mando un beso.

24 days ago

Oh my, coyotes! Glad you stayed away and you found a wonderful home. You have led a life of adventure. I love your selfie and those EZ shots in the tree. I love my tree but I prefer sleeping on the pink perch or in one of the big beds.

24 days ago

We are sad that those other little ones did not make it, but we are glad you are inside, safe, and loved now, Kiki. We love your nickname — it is also my (meowmeowmans) childhood nicknames. 🙂

Kitties Blue
24 days ago

Our mom loves that song, Kiki, and what a great way to get your name. We didn’t like hearing about killer corner, however. We are delighted that was not your fate. You are absolutely gorgeous by the way! XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, angel Mauricio, Misty May, angel Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh

ruby rose and the blg little angels 3
ruby rose and the blg little angels 3
24 days ago

Welcome to the world of love, comfort, and meals on time.

Angie
24 days ago

Kiki – you have landed in the best home EVER! You fit right in, and look suitably adorable in all those spots on the cat tree!

Darla M Sands
24 days ago

You are just too adorable. Bless you and your family, Kiki Dee. Your humans are awesome.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren

Kiki I LOVE how you got your name!! I love how you are back on “Active Duty” and that all went well! I am just crazy about you! xoxo

Lucy and Xena
23 days ago

Oh Kiki, you were born to be a pampered pet! How awful that the other kitties become coyote food! We are so glad you listened to your now Dad and stayed away from the danger area until you could come inside. You are a beautiful kitty, too!

Athena and Marie
23 days ago

You are too cute!

messymimi
23 days ago

That’s a great naming story, and i’m glad you are now indoors and totally well and good to do your running around.

The Oceanside Animals
23 days ago

Charlee: “Being inside where there are no coyotes and there’s a big cat tree to explore is much better than being outside where there are coyotes and no cat trees, isn’t it?”
Chaplin: “Our Dada says he thought maybe you were named Kiki because you had a delivery service.”
Charlee: “We have no idea what he’s talking about, as usual.”

Mitzi
20 days ago

Oh my goodness…that 1st shot of Kiki…just melt my heart why don’t ya?! She is having a good time…