Mancat Monday with Brian: What’s Coming Up This Week?

mancat monday brian 08072023

Hello everyone, how was your weekend?  Ours was pretty good, nothing overly exciting and nothing overly boring.  I suppose that’s good, so we’ll take it.  It’s still been hot here in the South, but it’s not as hot as it was, so that’s good too.  Oh, there was two tornadoes that were hanging around the other day about 30 some miles northwest of us but thankfully they were small and nobody was hurt.

So what’s going on this week?

Tomorrow is International Cat Dad, also known as World Cat Day.  We’re International Cats every single day so we’ll be celebrating fur sure.

Then on Thursday, besides being Thankful Thursday, it’s Spoil Your Dog Day. You pup pals need to make sure that your peeps know about this are are ready to spoil you all day long!

One last thing, silly Simon was hiding again, but it was pretty brief.  The Dad is learning how to play the harp and the strange harp thing in the house sent poor Simon into hiding LOL.  At least he came out quickly this time.  Okay, that is it for today.  Y’all take care and always remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

easy rider
10 months ago

ooooh really.. we will write a wish list immediately :O)

Lillian
10 months ago

That was new to me. I’m gona spoil my dog, even more than they use to

A quiet weekend is a good weekend, Brian.

angiesrecipes
10 months ago

Hot is better than RAINY 🙂 Have a good week ahead, Brian.

Teddy
10 months ago

Good luck to your Dad learning the harp. My Mom has always loved music with harp and when she married my Dad Mom hired a harpist to do all the music for the wedding. As for me – the only music I can make is when I’m using my VOICE to demand a treat! Have a great week gang.

10 months ago

thanks for the heads up on these days..my week end was the best ever. dogs, cats, horses, pigs and chickens. our heat is even worse the past 3 days. 103 at 5 pm last night and we woke up to 86, the weather guy said hot, humid, sweltering day today

Madison
10 months ago

Simon will probably adjust and learn to love the music.

10 months ago

Let us know how your Dad is doing. I love harp music. Your Dad is a musician so he has all the principals down pat. But harp is certainly different than your Dad’s usual, so..he will have a lire learning curve going on. I hope he makes a sound recording for us when he feels ready.

Reply to  Katie Isabella

slight learning curve. Not sure how that got changed to lire.

Zoolatry
10 months ago

Spoil ’em all, every day!

Ernie from The Island Cats

Every day is Cat Day, Brian!

stevebethere
10 months ago

That’s a fab pose Brian glad the tornados wasn’t too bad we had nothing but rain as usual lol

Happy World Cat Day for tomorrow MEOW 👍

Have a harptastic Mancat Monday come out come out wherever you are Simon LOL 🙂

10 months ago

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Dad is learning new things… I love stringed instruments. Once Dulcimer lessons were offer at the Shelley Lake community center, 2 miles from home. I signed up and boy did I enjoy it. At the end of the 6 weeks we learned that the teacher was just teaching at the community center ‘to get students to sign up’ for her real classes at her studio 30 miles from us one way. So alas that was the beginning and end of my lessons.
WTG Terry!!

Mickey's Musings
10 months ago

WooHoo!! two pawsome day for celebrating this week!!!
It is so good to celebrate cats and dogs 🙂
Purrs, Julie

Eastside Cats Blog
10 months ago

Brian, it’s good to read that you all weren’t in any danger, but it’s all very scary.

Molly
10 months ago

Tornadoes are awful and we’re so happy to hear that no one was injured. The harp has always been one of mom’s favorites instruments. Make sure you let us know how your dad is progressing with his lessons, Brian!

10 months ago

We still have the hots. We’re excited about tomorrow.

Cat and Dog Chat With Caren

Dad is playing the harp???????? Why of course he is because he has the heart of an Angel!!

Athena and Marie
10 months ago

Looking good, Brian! The harp is a calming instrument and we think it’s nice for cats. Simon will get used to it 🙂

10 months ago

oh ~ wow ~ certainly it was a varied weekend ~ Harp learning for Dad sounds great!
And great events coming up for the fur persons ~ thanks for info.

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

Cathy Kennedy
10 months ago

World Cat Day? Hmmm, I thought every day is Cat Day! MOL Have an awwwesome week, Brian!

Sandee
10 months ago

Love of wonderful things going on the week. We love the spoil your dog day. We did that every day of the year. Did it when we had kitties too. It’s the way to roll.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Scritches all around and my best to your peeps. ♥

Leah
10 months ago

Nice picture of you in strong sunlight, Brian! But the heat from that sun, yikes. We’re in the South too and experienced the broiling weather. As well as the tornadoes, we’ve actually been in one. Learning the harp, that sounds like an adventure!

Darla M Sands
10 months ago

Animals should have top priority every day. 😀 And your dad’s musical talent is impressive. I’m just sorry that Simon got spooked.

Patricia
10 months ago

Around here every day is Cat Day, just as it should be.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels Three
Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels Three
10 months ago

That is rhe way I like to spend my weekends. Last week we had a tornado about ten miles aways but no one was hurt.

The LLB Gang
10 months ago

We are glad those tornadoes didn’t cause any damage, we are getting storms around here too…but luckily no tornadoes!

Wahoo!! A couple of wonderful days happening this week!
xoxo,
Rosy and Sunny

The Z Kids' Mama
10 months ago

Your Dad is learning to play the harp?? That must make some interesting sounds in the house!

As for “Spoil Your Dog Day”. The Z Kids get spoiled EVERY day, multiple times a day, with lots of love and only vet-approved treats.

Ellen J Pilch
Ellen J Pilch
10 months ago

Glad you were safe from the tornados. xO

10 months ago

Mudpie isn’t a music fan either! MOL

citu
10 months ago

Genial semana. Te mando un beso.

Fur Everhywhere
10 months ago

The boys and I are looking forward to hearing your first song on the harp! Such a beautiful instrument.

Angel Binky, Peachy, Stippie and Granny

We had a rainy weekend, Brian, and it’s cold and windy🙄 We love the harp sound, Granny plays effurry day the Irish harp… mewsic on YT…MOL…gotcha huh…😹Double Pawkiss for all of you🐾😽💞

messymimi
10 months ago

How wonderful, learning to play the harp! When he learns a song, he can post a video of it.

I’m glad Simon got over his fear of it quickly.

Happy World Cat Day!

Wendy and Dani
10 months ago

Hey, Brian. Things at your house are sounding pretty good right now. Kudos to your Dad for taking up such a complicated instrument.
According to Youtube videos that I watch, cats are supposed to be soothed by harp mewsic, so hopefully Simon will come around.

10 months ago

It was a noisy weekend here with TW barking all day. At least she lost her voice so she couldn’t yell at me.
We even get them tornados around here now. I’m not happy.

The OP Pack
10 months ago

Oh darn, we missed Spoil Your Dog Day, but Mom says we are spoiled every day. We think on that day we might have scored a bit extra spoiling:)

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber