Sister Saturday: Dark and Gloomy Isn’t Fun with Kiki

sister saturday kiki 01 11112023

Hello everyone, I heard it is Sister Saturday and I also heard that it’s my turn. Well, I’m here, wide awake and alert. Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration, or even a huge exaggeration, I’m not really wide awake and I’m not overly alert either. It’s hard to keep my eyes open.

sister saturday kiki 02 11112023

Maybe a nice big stretch will help. I’m still not totally okay with that silly time change thing. It just seems dark way too often these days. Then on top of that it has been cloudy, dark and gloomy here. It seems like it should be snoozy time pretty much all day. Yes, I know, that’s pretty normal for us kitties.

sister saturday kiki 03 11112023

I’ve been doing a lot of this. It seems like the thing to do and I’m pretty darn good at it. I can belly up witht he best of them!

sister saturday kiki 04 11112023

But I also end up doing a lot of this too. Enjoy your Saturday everyone and don’t forget to leave your daily link over at The Cat Blogosphere for a chance to grab an entry for the end of the month drawing.  Okay, that’s it for now!  Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Dark and gloomy days are only fit for sleeping. I love your face cuddle!

Teddy
6 months ago

Kiki when the weather is icky the best thing to do is NAP!!!

Kim and her angels
6 months ago

Kiki, you are the BEST snoozer! I love your sleeping poses, you’re irresistible.

BTW, it’s been mostly grey and gloomy here too, with only a couple of days of sunshine here and there. It’s not much fun for kitties or humans, this time of year! But soon it will be Santa time, with lots to entertain you, and in about five weeks will be the Winter Solstice. That means we soon will be getting more daylight again! So take heart, we’re one day closer to spring. 🙂

Precious
6 months ago

Sweet kiki, how nice of you to show off that lovely furry tummy. We agree here too that it’s too dark too early. We had rain all day long yesterday but before it started precious was on the patio for a solid 2 hours in the dark in the morning.

angiesrecipes
6 months ago

I want to reach in and rub your belly, Kiki 🙂 Dark and gloomy, but we have you little sunshine, Kiki!

Laila and Angel Minchie

Oh, Kiki, those pictures of you are most adorable. They would brighten anyone’s day!

Lux G.
6 months ago

Ahhh. Sometimes I just want to be a cat. Laze all day and stretch on the couch. Lol What a cute fur baby.

6 months ago

You know, I would usually be saying “me too” but we have had almost an over-abundance of sunny days The plants are thirsty. Mom will have to water.

6 months ago

Kiki, we adore seeing your claws, your belly, and the silly way you sleep with your eyes hidden!

Lucy and Xena
6 months ago

None of us like the time change either. Mom wouldn’t mind the clouds if it meant we would get some rain. It’s been months since we’ve had more than a few drops.

Eugi

Kiki, you are so cute! Enjoy you snooze time. 😺

6 months ago

each photo made me smile, the last one is my favorite. wish i could do yoga like you do…

Layla ( Catwisdom101 )
6 months ago

Oh those paws! We don’t like the time change either but snoozing is always a good time.

Gidget Blue Sky
6 months ago

oh gosh kiki, what a liddle choobalee muffin yoo r

6 months ago

You look so cute and relaxed in all your pictures, Kiki. We’ve had a lot of dark and gloomy weather around here too.

6 months ago

Oh sweet Kiki I 100% agree with you…We don’t like it dark so early…tomorrow I have a post of how we have cured the winter dark blues….however, I love your idea of just covering you eyes

Kinga
6 months ago

I love the second picture 😀

Leah
6 months ago

Very cool 😎 stretch, Kiki, and innovative snoozing. Good cloudy day strategies!

6 months ago

It’s been really dark and gloomy over here as well, Kiki, but those photos really brought a ray of sunshine into our day! They. are all so cute!

The Chans

6 months ago

Such adorable photos of you Kiki enjoying each moment ~ no matter the weather ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

Jean
Jean
6 months ago

Mornin’, sweet as can be Miss Kiki – You are too precious for words. Seems the time change is getting harder to adjust to, as although we’re early birds (or kitties!) it seems like it’s nighttime before we know it.

6 months ago

You are a smart kitty for sure, Kiki. Snoozing is the best way to spend those dark and gloomy days. XO

Darla M Sands
6 months ago

You are so photogenic. I adore seeing kitty paws over the face but each of these images make me go squee! 🙂 Kudos to the photographer, as well. Blessings, my dear.

Cat and Dog Chat With Caren

That belleh!! That face!! Kiki you are beyond adorable!!!! Wish I could cuddle with you!

Cheerful Monk
6 months ago

Yes, this is fantastic sleeping weather. Make the most of it!

Mindy Lou and Katie the Mom

Hiya Kiki – yes good day for a snooze.Mom luvz your stretchy toes! Sunny here but colder. So we are snoozing on Mom’s bed. Purrz n stuff from Mindy Lou and the current Katie Katz. We miss Brian too. Katie Kitty Too who started our bloggie went home at almost 20 years old in July. Mom has new foster kitties Joey and Phoebe but Blogger am all difrent and Mom says the GUI am goned (graphic user interface) and now have to do plain html. Mom haz to get a book fur dummies or just start a new blog somewher… Read more »

Athena and Marie
6 months ago

You are so sweet. Love your stretched out paws!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels Three

That is pretty close to wide awake and alert for a house pet..

Ellen J Pilch
6 months ago

You are so darn cute. Hope you get some sun soon. XO

6 months ago

Could you be any cuter?!?!?! It’s super dark and gloomy here too.

citu
6 months ago

Es una linda gatita. Se ve tan tierna durmiendo. Les mando un beso.

messymimi's meanderings

Dark days for us people need a good book and a cat to cuddle. You need a lap, we need a cuddle, what’s not to love about a dark day?

Patricia
6 months ago

If there were no dark and gloomy days we probably wouldn’t appreciate the sunny happy days.

Meezer'sMews&TerrieristicalWoofs

Sorry about all the gloominess outside by you…we have had some glorious days here, and even us pups are thankful for that!

Snooze on, Kiki! Maybe the sun will be out for Sunday!

Indulgedfurries
6 months ago

Kiki, you are so adorable. Winter is a good time for lots of cozy naps, but you also need lots of playtime to stay healthy. It’s a lot for a kitty to balance. If you keep doing your big stretches and belly-up rolls, I’m sure you’ll make it through winter in good shape.

The Oceanside Animals
6 months ago

Chaplin: “Hmm, this sounds like the ‘Dark Saturday’ that Dada’s favorite band Metric sang about once.”
Charlee: “I cover my paws with my face too when I’m sleeping sometimes! When he sees me doing it Dada always says ‘Charlee can’t even today’, whatever that means …”