Happy Tabby Tuesday with Simon:  It’s In the Air

tabby tuesday simon 01232024

Hey gang, how are y’all doin’ this mighty fine Tuesday???  As Seal said yesterday, it has been cold here but by Friday we’re gonna be in the 60s, hooray.  It’s not only been cold but it’s been dry and the air is filled with that nasty static electricity.  Let me tell you, it sure makes the furs stand up straight and they look kind of funny.  It only seems to make the furs stand up for us longer fur kitties so that means it doesn’t bother Kiki at all.

Anywho, the Dad cleaned up the humidifiers and they already seems to be helping with the sticky situation.   We’ve got one in the living room, one in the dining room and one in the big bedroom.   You know how when those things run a mist comes out?  Well, Maxwell and Macy had never seen such a thing.  I think there were a bit fascinated by that.  They watched and watched, another new discovery for them.

I do hope y’all get to warm up some too!  Have a fun Happy Tabby Tuesday.  Hey Pet Bloggers, don’t forget to leave your daily link over at The Cat Blogosphere for a chance to grab an entry for the end of the month drawing.  Okay, that’s it for now!  Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

We are the opposite here and the air is damp. Humidity is always high (98% today and high 90s forecast all week). We have to have dehumidifiers to take some of the moisture out or we will have damp on the walls and windows causing mould.
I hope you can get your fur under control, Simon.

Teddy
5 months ago

Hi Simon! We will have a 60 degree day on Friday too and I’m pretty excited about that! The snow should be washed away by then from the rain and I can explore my yard with Mom or Dad again. Too bad WE aren’t in charge of the weather isn’t it!

easyweimaraner
5 months ago

ooh there is electricity in the air? we dislike that too… that is like sitting in “the” chair…

5 months ago

Yay! It’s warmed up over here as well, Simon, and we are happy about that.

The Chans

Precious
5 months ago

Are humidity is outside this morning in the form of freezing rain. But inside it’s so dry that when I give Precious her kiss on the nose we sparkle. I know it’s going to happen every time, but thank goodness she still thinks getting a kiss is worth it.

5 months ago

We don’t get the static stuff here, but i do remember it from Living in Savannah. I also did not know that the steamy things would help with that or that Cats suffer from static in their furs. wow! this was a teaching post today. You look amazing! weather guy is talking as I type and we are going to 81 today and 3 more days. from cold to HOT overnight. the heat is running now, and by night we may need AC…

My GBGV Life
5 months ago

We could use some more humidity here too. The below zero cold has the furnace running all the time and it dries out the air. Bailie has head furs standing on end from it! Glad your humidifiers are working.

5 months ago

Boy. It was like summer here with the temp having risen to a high of 30. Mom wishes she had a humidifier too. At least she got an air puridier!

Lillian
5 months ago

It’s getting wormer here too

Eastside Cats Blog

Oh yes, static!
Simon, The Hubby put out a humidifier with a stream of steam, and Chili Bruce is fascinated by that machine.

Zoolatry
5 months ago

Weathering the weather: a constant conundrum, turn the heat on. No. Turn it off. Wear a heavy coat ‘n’ mittens. Oh no. Just a light jacket. Kitty fur static, yes … let’s not do nose kisses June, the sparks will fly, oh my!

Hi Simon!!
MOL MOL Double M’s were mystified with the mist.

The Oceanside Animals
5 months ago

Charlee: “Ooh, maybe we need some of those humidifier things here. We get static electricity here when the air is dry. I am not a fan of getting little shocks to the nose!”
Chaplin: “Well it’s going to be a while before we dry out after this last four days of storms, at least …”

da tabbies o trout towne
da tabbies o trout towne
5 months ago

dood we gotta heet wavez~~~~~~ goin on
rite now…it bee 35 ‼️😺🐟💙 fern izz iz
happee two, her wantz ta take a vacationz day 😺

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder

Simon that was a great and complete update! Today it is stormy and rainy again. No sunpuddles for our kitties but warm down duvets with flannel duvet covers that they all LOVE.
Hugs,
Mariette + Kitties

Jean
Jean
5 months ago

Mornin’, Simon – You look quite comfy, without a care in the world, but of course the static electricity is a concern for longer-haired kitties. Are you explaining things to Maxwell and Macy, who are still making new discoveries.

5 months ago

Simon ~ sweet photo of you adorable kitty and so glad you are all happy now that Dad got the humidifiers up and running ~ Be cozy and warm ~ hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

Leah
5 months ago

Lookin’ good, Simon, even with a little static in your furs! But we don’t like the cold weather either, we are happy to see it go, too!

Sandee @ CP
5 months ago

I think your fur is purrfect. Our weather is pretty mild here. I’m happy about that. I hope you get some warm soon.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Scritches all around and my best to your peeps. ♥

Catscue
5 months ago

Humidifiers, what a good idea! I used to use them all the time and plum forgot I had them. Thanks Simon!

Ellen J Pilch
5 months ago

Static is awful. Glad your dad found a way to get rid of it.

Molly
5 months ago

I don’t like static electricity – especially when you get a scary ouchie poke.

angiesrecipes
5 months ago

It has warmed up here a bit too..which is a nice change. But we have rain again :-/

Patricia
5 months ago

We are looking forward to warmer weather, too. But there is going to be rain most of the week. Always something to complain about 😸

Cat and Dog Chat With Caren

we’re finally above 30 this week lol. I have a miserable headcold! Stay well!

Darla M Sands
5 months ago

Our furnace has a humidifier and one winter it got mistakenly left in summer (off) mode. That was not good. lol Be well, my dear!

Mary Kirkland
5 months ago

I’m sure anything new is interesting to them.

5 months ago

We’re getting some warmer weather the next few days. All our snow is likely to melt. We have a whole house humidifier which helps, but we still get a fair amount of static electricity with our furs too.

5 months ago

I’ve been looking into buying a humidifier. When I touch Mudpie I’m giving her a spark! I’m eager to see how she reacts to the mist.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels Three
Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels Three
5 months ago

Sixty sounds lovely. Enjoy the weather. Using a dehumidifier sounds like a great idea.

messymimi's meanderings

We’re pretty damp, too. The static is bad, though, especially when the clothes come out of the dryer.

citu
5 months ago

Uy que tierna foto. Te mando un beso.

5 months ago

Simon, we are glad it’s getting warmer there, but that static electricity is no joke. We get that here, too. Ava like to stand right below the mist of our humidifiers. Isn’t that silly?

Cheerful Monk
5 months ago

I hate static electricity! On the other hand, our low humidity here is a blessing in summer. ❤️

Pam
Pam
5 months ago

HAHA….Lily would be interested in the steam, but she would check it out and walk away, like she does guest. Misty, that would drive her nuts. You are, as always, so handsome.

Anne Marie Robinson
5 months ago

Where does this crazy cold weather come from? Brrrr…..we are getting into the 40’s but the weatherman just said we are heading into a new snowstorm. I need Springtime and a little warmer weather. I have missed you all. Been reading, hanging out with Mister Kitty who for whatever reason has to run outside the the backyard, jump inside the Igloo doghouse none of the dogs will use and enjoy five minutes of peace and quiet until I shoo him inside. He is the strangest feline fellow I have ever known. He also is cold blooded apparently and in the… Read more »

Angel Binky, Peachy, Stippie and Granny

It’s warm here now too, Simon, storm and rain…we so miss the snow now. We’re static too🙈Extra Pawkisses for all of you🐾😽💞

The OP Pack
5 months ago

We have those warmer temps headed in next week too. We don’t mind the cold and the snow, just not the ridiculously frigid temps we just had. We have the humidity set pretty high here because of our Dad’s dry eyes, but it sure makes for moist window panes:)

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber