Sister Saturday with Kiki: Let’s Try Something New

sister saturday kiki 01 01272024

Hello everyone, guess who is back for another Sister Saturday? Yes, it’s me Kiki. WOW, y’all are smart ones, you knew it was me. This week was a week of firsts for me and for Mom and Dad too. Did you know that there are no lap cats here? Nope, while most of us enjoy being close, none of us are lappers. Until now. I surprised the Mom and got up on her lap and I did it more than once. Then I surprised the Dad and sat on his lap too. I must admit, it was kind of nice. I might even do it again sometime.

sister saturday kiki 02 01272024

This is the back of my Mom’s chair. I don’t sit here often, I’m usually on the back of the couch. But, since I was doing new things I thought I’d check out the view from up here. Actually it’s a pretty nice view from up here and it’s really comfy too.

sister saturday kiki 03 01272024

Okay, this big water bowl, the one we call the pond, isn’t new. But I decided to take a break and enjoy a drink of water. You know what else? I’m the only one here that doesn’t drink out of the fountains. Nope. This is my preferred watering hole. Who knows though, that might be the next “new” thing I try!

sister saturday kiki 04 01272024

Okay, nap time! Have a fun Sister Saturday everyone.  Hey Pet Bloggers, don’t forget to leave your daily link over at The Cat Blogosphere for a chance to grab an entry for the end of the month drawing.  Okay, that’s it for now!  Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Lillian
4 months ago
One of my cats, Lurven, prefer to sleep on my lap

That was a nice surprise for your mom and dad when you decided to try out their laps.

Kim and her angels
4 months ago

Kiki, you’ve had an eventful week! My angels Chumley and Derry would tell you that laps are the BEST. 😊

Teddy
4 months ago

My Mom wishes I was a lap cat but remember I’m giant-sized and I’m not sure she really would like me sitting on her. HAHA Angel Sammy was a snuggly cat – he’d jump up by Mom and lie next to her in the chair but not ON her. Happy Caturday!

Precious
4 months ago

Kiki, you just have to mix things up a little bit now and then don’t you. It makes life more exciting. Us humans love our lap time, so the more you do it for your mom and dad the more you all will enjoy.

2 Senior Girl Kittens
2 Senior Girl Kittens
4 months ago

We are definitely lappers. Kiki maybe you can turn over onto a new lap and start a trend when the others see you lapping😸😺

Last edited 4 months ago by 2 Senior Girl Kittens
4 months ago

Lovely photos, Kiki! We all like to drink out of Ollie’s mega water bowl! The main lap cat around here is Benny, although Tama and Ryū will “lap” briefly. Momo has never done it yet.

The Chans

Laila and Angel Minchie

I can only imagine the joy you brought the Mom and the Dad when you got up on their laps. I’m not a lap cat myself, but I do like to snuggle up real close to my mom on her side and she wraps her arm around me and gives me lots of kisses on the head while I lay there. Hope you guys have a great weekend.

da tabbies o trout towne
da tabbies o trout towne
4 months ago

new stuff iz all wayz grate kiki….tell dad N mom ta
try sum thin new and install a reel for sure pond
in that spot!
it will help save on yur lectric bill coz they
will knot hafta uze de vacuum ma sheen ther
any mor 😺‼️

4 months ago

I can’t remember exactly how long you have been with your family, but we have noticed that Beau has changed a lot in the past 2 months, doing new things he never did. Like he decided that now he passed the 3 year mark of being here it was ok to do new stuff. He has never liked to wander in the yard, but has started doing that a lot over the past 2 weeks. he spends more time laying accross daddy’s lap, just like you… I enjoye seeing and hearing your new self . I think you have decided… Read more »

Susan from Bucks County PA
Susan from Bucks County PA
4 months ago

Laps are great for snuggling. Have a great weekend Kiki and gang!

4 months ago

Kiki I am clapping and squealing with all kinds of happy. OMCs what a wonderful surprise for Mom and Dad to finally have a lapper in the family.
Milky-Way our first kitty was all about laps. In fact all the cats we knew back then were.
Fast forward to Angel Madi NOPE no thank you Ma’am I am not a lapper. But she did sit beside us or on the back of our chair.
Hugs and keep lapping.
Cecilia

4 months ago

I enjoy it when you all do something new! And sitting on your mom and dad’s laps is especially nice to read! You might do that again and every day.

4 months ago

And I join mom’s lap, especially in the evening but during the day sometimes. Of course, she can’t get up then so lots gets put off being done. But I make it worth it I soak up kisses too.

4 months ago

Kiki, you’ve got to do things your own way, in your own time.
However, betcha your pawrents are over the moon that you’ve jumped in their laps.

4 months ago

Good for you! Trying new things can be fun.

4 months ago

How sweet of you to become a lap kitty, Kiki. We’re a bit big to sit on our parents’ laps but we do come close when they are watching tv in bed. Then we can drape ourselves over their legs when we’re snuggling close.

4 months ago

Kiki you are so beautiful and great you discovered laps are special and trying new things ~ Brava to you ~ hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

Leah
4 months ago

Kiki, you are quite the innovator lately! Your pictures are just off-the charts cute today!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder

Kiki, what a sweet act for sitting on your Mom and Dad’s lap!
You never know that will be your next 1st…
Hugs,
Mariette + Kitties

Mollie Hunt
4 months ago

Thank you for lap-sitting! Moms and Dads really love that!

Patricia
4 months ago

Your exploring was well worth it. You made some great discoveries.

The Z Kids' Mom
4 months ago

Keep doing new, Kiki! It’s usually a lot of fun!

4 months ago

Kiki, that sure was a nice surprise you had for Mom and Dad! Lap time is great, right?

Jean
Jean
4 months ago

Mornin’, sweet Kiki – Trying new things can be scary, but the outcome can also mean a fun experience. I’m sure your Dad and Mom are so proud of you.

angiesrecipes
4 months ago

:-)) Kiki…you must feel very safe with Dad, right?

The J-Cats
4 months ago

We are certain your pawrents loved having you on their laps.
And We have to say, that last pic, where your beautiful tummy is on display, is absolutely adorable.

Darla M Sands
4 months ago

Good for you! I rather miss a cat on the lap but snuggling in bed is good. 😀

Ellen J Pilch
4 months ago

I am so happy you are starting to enjoy laps. Many of my cats like to sit on my hubby, but not on me. XO

4 months ago

It’s always fun to try new things, but I can’t believe none of you are lappers!!!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels Three

I bet you dad is happy to finally have a warm lap.

citu
4 months ago

Linda foto. Te mando un beso.

messymimi's meanderings

I’m glad you are comfortable enough in your home to try so many new things.

If your parents really want a lap cat, they need a ginger tabby.

Cheerful Monk
4 months ago

I’m glad you tried sitting on your mom and dad’s laps. For their sake I hope you do it more often. ❤️

Raven Indulgedfurries
Raven Indulgedfurries
4 months ago

We’re occasional lappers. Mostly we’re lay-alongsiders-while-sleeping. Being a lapper in winter will help you stay warm.

Mark's Mews
4 months ago

I know. I Binq) have started sitting on TBT recently. It is “interesting”. Haven’t ever gone into his bedroom though. But I sure love his attention when he gets up out of it though!

The OP Pack
4 months ago

Kiki, it is always fun to try new things. Be adventurous. We see you are trying new things. We would love to be lapdogs but Mom says we are too big. We aren’t allowed on the furniture but sonetimes we do rest our heads on her lap. That’s about the closest we will get unless she sits on the floor with us. She says she would do that, but she might not be able to get up.

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

The Oceanside Animals
4 months ago

Charlee: “It’s nice on the lap, isn’t it, Kiki? We are all lap cats here, but there are rules. For instance, I am only a lap cat for Dada in his office, and usually when he is facing the home computer, not when he is facing the work computer. Although I will sit in his lap every once in a while when he is facing the work computer.” Java Bean: “Ayyy, this doesn’t surprise me, since cats are allergic to el trabajo.” Oona: “Oona is mostly a lap cat at bedtime. Then she comes and go and comes and goes… Read more »

Cat and Dog Chat With Caren

Kiki I am sooo happy you sat on Mom and Dad’s lap!!! Roary didn’t start that with me until he was 3 years old! xoxo

Angel Binky, Peachy, Stippie and Granny

Kiki, sweetheart, you nailed it! Now the rest will follow..MOL… it’s just like that proverb😸😺Enjoy the laptime, all of you 😀 Extra double Pawkisses for all of you🐾😽💞