It’s Happy Tabby Tuesday and Simon Is Feeling Blue

tabby tuesday simon 02132024

Hey gang, I hope you are having a good Tuesday.  Can you tell I’m feeling blue?  Boy it sure is soft too.  This blue pad came in something else but it was kind of outta place so the Mom tossed it on the floor and bingo, yours truly claimed it right away.  Soft things are really nice and I do like laying on and laying under this one.  Thanks Mom!

Now on a more serious note, you know how much I love visitors and strangers in the house.  NOT, NOT, DOUBLE NOT!  Well, our furnace up and crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  The nice furnace human came for our “routine” inspection and it totally failed, so much so it was deemed unsafe to use and was shut down.  That meant we had to get a new furnace installed.  Yep, you guessed it, strange and noisy humans around and about.   No doubt about it, I went into hiding and so did Maxwell.

I could think of at least 1,000 better ways to spend the day.  Okay Pet Bloggers, don’t forget to leave your daily link over at The Cat Blogosphere for a chance to grab an entry for the end of the month drawing.  Okay, that’s it for now!  Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Notify of
guest

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat

Yikes! A new furnace! That requires a bunch of strange men and loud banging! But being warm is nice …

easy rider
8 days ago

we hope the visit of the furnace squad goes well.. our granns had such a guy for annual check… he opened the wrong flap and the house was a dust cloud… uuh!!! ash-talavista…

Teddy
8 days ago

Well these machines humans make DO break down and need to be replaced and all that noise “fixer” humans make is just awful isn’t it! Glad it’s done though – that means it will be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time before that thing needs replacing again – YAY!

2 Senior Girl Kittens
2 Senior Girl Kittens
8 days ago

Well when the noisy repair people come one of us hides out, and the other wants to follow them around and watch them work. Our mom puts both of us in a closed room so we are safe. Good that you and Maxwell can come out now and be warm too 😺😸

My GBGV Life
8 days ago

Oh no! We love people, but we don’t want to spend good money on a new furnace. That’s a lot of dog treats. Glad you could get a new one quickly so you don’t freeze up.

Lillian
8 days ago

oh no strangers in the building is not good 🙂 But do you have to, so just hide. Sure look nice solution.

Precious
8 days ago

Precious knows all about hiding from people. Simon you and her seem to have it down pat. But we’re glad you have a new furnace to keep the house warm when it’s cold and probably get the air flowing when the air conditioners running.

8 days ago

OH Man, Simon, I have been through that. Mom hates it too. Not only noise but the green papers that fly away with wings on ’em

At least it is done now Simon, and you can enjoy the warmth in safety.

angiesrecipes
8 days ago

You will be excited to have a new furnace soon, Simon.

ATCAD
8 days ago

We are sorry your home was invaded by strangers. We would say that is never fun, but some of the nice strangers around here give us foods.

Laila and Angel Minchie

I guess that was a small price to pay to have a nice and warm house once again. We kitties need to be kept comfortable 24/7.

Patricia
8 days ago

It is a bother having noisy strangers in the house but everything is warm and cozy quiet when they leave.

8 days ago

oh nooooo, just the cost of a new one is bad news and all the hullabaloo it entails makes me crazy and I am sure you were not happy with it, Simon. at least you have blue to comfort you.. hope mom and dad did not break the bank .

Eastside Cats Blog
8 days ago

Farewell, Brian’s Home furnace.

Ernie from The Island Cats

I’m glad those strangers are gone now, Simon. I don’t like strangers in my house either.

8 days ago

OMC Simon…totally at terrible way to spend the day. NO couch surfing, cat tree spying or Bird TV.
When glad that day has passed

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder

Simon, that was a great update—minus the furnace…
Hugs,
Mariette + Kitties

8 days ago

Mom says a new furnace costs a lot of green papers PLUS the scary people in the house.

Zoolatry
8 days ago

Cold, not good. Warm good. Broken furnace, not good. New furnace, happy good. Smart Simon hiding from furnace peeples, very good.

Molly
8 days ago

To lose your furnace in February is awful! We hope you and your brothers and sisters and your peeps were able to stay warm, Simon.

Sweet photo of you Simon ~ sorry about the furnace ~ glad you have a new one,though,
hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

Sandee @ CP
8 days ago

I know you don’t like strangers coming in and out and I’m so glad you got a new furnace. It’s good to stay warm while you’re on that beautiful soft pad. You’re sure handsome.

I hope Titan is doing better. He’s in my prayers.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Scritches all around and my best to your peeps. ♥

The Oceanside Animals

Charlee: “Ooh, we had to get our furnace replaced a few years ago too. Something about ‘inadequate seals’ and ‘might burn down the house’ and ‘look at those scorch marks’ … Anyway that was before our time, but Dennis told us that there were strange people all over the house and weird noises from the attic, so no doubt I would have spent the whole time under the sofa!”

Ellen J Pilch

Glad you are enjoying your blue. RIP furnace. XO

Jean
Jean
8 days ago

Mornin’, Simon – Your new blue pad sure does look very inviting. Glad the heater was safely replaced and now your home is warm again.

Gidget Blue Sky
8 days ago

oh my cod!!! dee human gotz a noo system in 2020 and it took hours and many strangers in my houze.

Leah
8 days ago

Simon that looks so blue and so cushy, you are smart to nab it! Furnace installation sounds like a loud event for sure!

Cat and Dog Chat With Caren

Ugh new furnaces are EXPENSIVE!! I feel so bad for you but am glad you got a new one that is safe to use!

messymimi's meanderings

Your blue pad looks perfect. Maybe you could stay safe on it when visitors come.

Anyway, I’m sorry your furnace crossed into the great beyond, it’s not just inconvenient for kitties and people, it’s expensive.

The LLB Gang
8 days ago

We’re sorry to hear abut your furnace…we sure hope the people who replaced finished and got out of your house quicker than quick!
xoxo,
Rosy & Sunny

Catscue
8 days ago

That’s a nice blue to have Simon. Sorry you had to hide, but now you’ll be safely warm, which is nice.

Mary Kirkland
8 days ago

A new furnace would be noisy for all for a while.

Marjorie Dawson
8 days ago

New furnace, that sounds like what happened to us (in the middle of winter – yup) Be brave it won’t take long and you will be warm again soon!

Darla M Sands
8 days ago

While sorry for all the commotion I am happy that folks carried out the job. I understand that isn’t always the case. We have been fortunate, as well, whether the required work be indoors or out; I suppose it depends upon where you live. ~shrugs~ We’ll take this win, right? lol Be well, my dears!

Lucy and Xena
8 days ago

Oh Simon, that’s hard when you don’t like strangers. We all try to see who can get the stranger to pet them first! XOX Xena and my gang

Kitties Blue
8 days ago

Except for our resident socialite, Kizmet, we are all with you Simon. Anyone (except treat lady Chris) coming in our house or even on the porch is reason to find a safe hiding place quickly. Glad you came out for a photo. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta & Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer, Kizmet, Audrey & Raleigh

8 days ago

That stinks about the furnace! We went through the same thing 5 years ago. Mudpie actually snoopervised the guys…and then a few weeks later we had to replace the water heater too!

peppylady.blogspot.com

You pulled the wool over my eyes. I can’t see you getting blue.

8 days ago

We are sorry to hear your furnace bit the dust, Simon, and that strange people came in you house! We bet it’s nice to not have to worry about the old furnace anymore, though.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels Three

Why don’t furnaces go out in June when we don’t need them?

Angie
8 days ago

Oh my – sorry to hear about the furnace – I suppose it could have happened during a deep freeze, and then you all would have been cuddling under the blue thing! Happy Valentine’s to you and yours, and thanks for visiting my blog.

Indulgedfurries
Indulgedfurries
8 days ago

Oh no, a new furnace is no fun. Well, it will be fun when it’s blowing warm air for you, but not all the noise to get it installed. Hopefully it’s replaced in just a day or two and the noisy guys are gone.

Cheerful Monk
7 days ago

That sounds horrible! But at least you are warm again and the extra people are gone.

7 days ago

You sure look happy with your blue mat, Simon. We don’t like it when strange humans come in our house either.