Awww Mondays: Chipper and His Sickie Ordeal

awww mondays chipper 01 06032024

Hello everyone, it’s me, the Chipper. I didn’t have the bestest of weekends, no I sure didn’t. I had the big case of the sickies. This is a photo of me before I got really sick. I got stuffed in the carrier Saturday and off to the emergency place we went. I had a bad case of the projectile barfs and I wasn’t wanting to eat my foods. I always eat good and it stays down so something was wrong.

awww mondays chipper 02 06032024

I had to spend the night in the hospital. Talk about no fun, it was pretty scary too, but the Vets and the Techs took really good care of me. I muchly improved and got to come back home late yesterday morning. I sure am glad to be home. I’ll let Dad update you from here.

Dad Terry here. Chipper had a horrible infection that was affecting his GI Tract and his white blood cell count was horribly low. He spent the night at the hospital on IV antibiotics plus a few other meds. Sunday morning the Vet said he was greatly improved and he was now generating white blood cells like he should again. I picked him up mid-morning yesterday and he sure was glad to get home. His pals sure missed him and he missed them too. We are unsure of the cause of the infection as there could have been quite a number of things that caused it. So, we’re hoping and praying that this ordeal is behind him now. That’s it for the Chipper update.

Don’t forget to leave your daily link over at The Cat Blogosphere for a chance to grab an entry for the end of the month drawing.  Okay, that’s it for now!  Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Notify of
guest

Lillian
11 days ago

Oh no crossing paws for you to getting well

easyweimaraner
11 days ago

dear chipper we send you positive thoughts and power of the paw and we wish you all the best…

Angel Binky, Stippie, Peachy and Granny

Oh sweetie, so sorry you had this ordeal, but glad you’re home and hopefully feel better soon. Here come Extra Healing Pawkisses to feel better soon🐾😽💞🙏

That was an awful ordeal for you, Chipper. I am glad you are feeling better and hope you continue to improve.

11 days ago

Oh Chipper, that sounds awful! But we’re glad you were so well taken care of and that you are home. We hope it will all be a distant memory very soon!

The Chans

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder

Oh my Chipper, that was a very nasty experience for you and the entire family—quite a scare.
That picture with the IV in your arm must have been painful for your tiny self.
Glad things returned to normal again and let’s hope it stays like that.
Hugs,
Mariette + Kitties

Teddy and Mom
11 days ago

Gosh – so glad Chipper is OK – what a mystery that is though…..have to wonder why but the main thing is he’s better and I’m sure he’s glad to be home. Always scary to be away from home. We’re sending the little guy a BUNCH of POTP. Hopefully he will STAY better.

Love, Ted and Mom

Duke
11 days ago

My paws are crossed that you’re back to 100% soon, Chipper!

11 days ago

Sweet Chipper, so sorry you have been I’ll and in the hospital.. POTP coming that you feel better and better and that this never happens again… hugs sweetie

Precious
11 days ago

That had to be very scary for such a tiny kitten this he is now. Maybe something was incubating in him from his time outside. I certainly hope it doesn’t reoccur.

Loulou
11 days ago

Oh, Chipper I hope you are iiving up to your name again! Those tummy things are NOT fun but we know your vet is wonderful. Happy tummy today!

My GBGV Life
11 days ago

He is so tiny and adorable. We sure hope he stays on the mend and keeps growing and doing well. Of course, as always, these nasty things always happen on weekends!

11 days ago

I wonder if it is, as Precious mentioned, something that was incubating from out of doors. But whatever it was, may this be the END of that ordeal for Chipper and for you too.

angiesrecipes
11 days ago

Poor Chipper…life is tough when you have no appetite for anything. Glad to know that you are on the mend now.

Anna
Anna
11 days ago

Sending purrs and prayers for Chipper! That is not fun.

Laila and Angel Minchie

Oh Chipper, How scary for you! We are so happy that you are OK now and back home where you belong. ❤️

Kim and her angels
11 days ago

Oh gosh, Chipper, I’m so sorry you were so sick and had to spend the night at the vet clinic. I hope that was a one-off and I’m sending prayers and Light for a speedy recovery. ❤️🙏

da tabbies o trout towne
da tabbies o trout towne
11 days ago

st francis blessingz two ewe buddy….sew sorree ya had ta spend time
at de ewe noe wear place….

yur kinda young yet, but itz never two earl lee
ta lurn de fax oh life…

due knot eat burd…..chckn ore turkee….trooth dood
…trooth….it will make ya 🤢

heerz ta gettin better N stayin sew

🐟😺‼️

11 days ago

Oh sweetie, we’re so sorry you had the sickies. We’re happy to hear you had great care and are on the mend.

The Z Kids' Mama
11 days ago

Oh my, poor little Chipper! It’s no fun being sick! Especially when you don’t know what’s going on. I am so glad he’s feeling better now and that he’s back home!!

11 days ago

Poor little Chipper! You sure had a rough weekend. Our paws are crossed that you continue to feel much better.

Gidget Blue Sky
11 days ago

poor baby chipper!! gladz dat yoo feelz better meow!!

Fools Rush In
11 days ago

Dear Chipper, so happy to learn of your recovery and the wonderful family you are blessed to have.

11 days ago

Glad that the vet fixed you up good, Chipper!
So scary.

11 days ago

Oh ~ Chipper ~ glad you are feeling better ~ sending you lots of healing energy hugs for continued healing ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores ~

11 days ago

Oh my sweet little Chipper I’m so sorry you are too precious to be so sick and tiny.
Dad was quick as greased lightning getting you to the Vet. Healing hugs and a virtual noggin kiss
Cecilia

Susan from Bucks County PA
Susan from Bucks County PA
11 days ago

oh Chipper what an ordeal. I hope you feel better soon.

Sandee @ CP
11 days ago

Oh no. You have great parents and you got the care you needed. Prayers for a quick recovery.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Scritches all around, healing hugs to you and my best to your wonderful peeps. ♥

Jean
Jean
11 days ago

Mornin’, Chipper – I’m so sorry you got so sick, but super happy that you are back home and doing better. There’s no place like home, and that’s where you belong.

The Oceanside Animals
11 days ago

Chaplin: “Oh no! Poor Chipper! We hate an infection!”
Charlee: “And we hate having to be rushed to the vet!”
Chaplin: “We’re glad you’re home now and doing better!”
Java Bean: “Sí, I started throwing up a few days after I got bitten by the snake, so it was back to the emergency vet for me! They couldn’t find anything wrong, though, so they gave me some medicine for the sickies and I felt better the next day. But I was so scared being back at the emergency vet, I was afraid I would have to stay overnight again!”

CAAC
11 days ago

Poor little Chipper! I hope you don’t have to go through such an ordeal ever again. It’s no fun being sick!

The LLB Gang
11 days ago

We are so very glad you are feeling better Chipper…and are sending lots of POTP those sickies stay away from now on!
xoxo,
Rosy & Sunny

Leah
11 days ago

Aww Chipper! We’re so sorry you had to go through all this, we send purrs galore for you to feel better, fast, and have a rapid recovery!

Ellen J Pilch

Poor Chipper. I am glad he is feeling better. XO

Bernadette
11 days ago

Oh my! Little rescued kitties sure do throw the book of possible life-threatening conditions at us, don’t they? Glad you found your dad who knew what had to be done when the time came!

Tails Around the Ranch

Aww, sweet Chipper. So sorry you were sick but happy to hear you’re doing much better. Stay well, little fella. Hugs and tail wiggles.

Mollie Hunt

Sending love.

Cheerful Monk
11 days ago

That sounds horrible. I hope the worst is over, that it never happens again, and that you are completely recovered soon. ❤️

Catscue
11 days ago

Oh no Chipper! That must have been awful for you. I’m glad you got the care you needed and are feeling better. Sending healing purrs your way little buddy.

Charles Huss
11 days ago

I’m sorry you went through such an ordeal, but I am glad you are feeling better.

Patricia
11 days ago

Purrs and prayers of thanksgiving for the good vet report.

mary McNeil
mary McNeil
11 days ago

We are glad Chipper is better and hope it isn’t anything catching !

The OP Pack
11 days ago

Oh, Chipper, we are so sorry you were so sick. Crossed paws that you will be feeling super “chipper” asap.

Woos – Misty and Timber

Lucy and Xena
11 days ago

Chipper, we are all so sorry you got so very sick! But we’re really, really glad you’re ok now. A lot of our blogging buddies got sick this past weekend, or just got around to telling us all that they had been sick not long ago. Even our Riley had a bad case of the squirts all day on Sunday. (I’m glad me and Mommy weren’t there!) XOX Xena

stevebethere
11 days ago

Aww not a nice episode to go through glad the antibiotics helped you a lot and nice to see you home again so dad can take care of you 🙂

Have a restfultastic rest of week 👍

11 days ago

You poor baby!!! That picture with the IV is heartbreaking. I hope you’re back to 100% in no time!

citu
11 days ago

Uy pobrecito. Ojala se mejore por completo. Les mando un beso.

ATCAD
11 days ago

We are sending healing purrs to you Chipper and hope that the nasty bug stays far away from you and you stay super healthy.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels Three

Praying for nothing but good days for our little friend.

Cat and Dog Chat With Caren

Chipper this news makes me sooo sad!! I am praying they get that nasty infection under control so you can enjoy your furmily and your foods!!! xoxo

messymimi's meanderings

Gracious, how scary! I pray he stays well after this.