Happy Tabby Tuesday: Simon Says Rest with Woody

happy tabby tuesday simon 07022024

Howdy everyone! Here we go with another edition of Happy Tabby Tuesday, don’t I look thrilled?!?!? Well, I am. I’m always happy when I get to spend time with my pal Woody. Woody doesn’t mind at all when I rest my head on his butt, unlike some other kitty with blue eyes. Yep, Seal doesn’t seem to happy when I try to rest my head on her butt. We do still snuggle close though, which is always a fun thing.

Speaking of fun things, how about those upcoming 4th of July fireworks? NOT FUN AT ALL! Those evil things are legal where we live so that only adds to the not fun part. Our HOA has a big party for the 4th of July and then when it gets dark the have a fireworks show at our lake, which is right across the street from us. I know our outside ferals will not be happy but they seem to roll with it each year. I’m wondering how all the recent newbies will do as this will be their first loud boomer party. We’ll all tell them that all will be okay.

Hey, it’s time for me to take a bit of a snooze. Don’t forget to leave your daily link over at The Cat Blogosphere for a chance to grab an entry for the end of the month drawing.  Okay, that’s it for now!  Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Lillian
16 days ago

Resting is very good. You don’t have to get bussy all day

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder

Simon, your relaxing spot is purrfect!
Oh my those boomer parties will be awful for a lot of kitties!
Hugs,
Mariette + Kitties

Teddy and Mom
16 days ago

We hope we have RAIN on July 4th – if we get rain – we’ll have QUIET!!!!!

Xena, Lucy, Riley and Chia
Reply to  Teddy and Mom

Ooooo, brilliant! We hadn’t though of that. Let’s all start doing a rain dance! XOX Xena and Chia

easyweimaraner
16 days ago

we hope the fouth is no bad day for peeps and pets and the fireworks will not cause trouble…

Duke
16 days ago

Your plan looks like a good one to stay cool and happy, Simon.
We will say it again and again – we wish fireworks were never invented!

Loulou
16 days ago

OH, that darling can rest on mama any time! What a beauty rest you are having Woody

Woody is a good friend to you.

16 days ago

It makes me smile each time I see you using your pal Woody as a pillow.. If only our fireoworks were one place and over and done. here there are 4 different neighbors and they all do it all day long and all night long.. and on other days… we are dreading it. bob takes his hearing aids out and hears nothing so he sleeps the other two of us just wait for it to go away. we have already had 2 go off in the past 2 days..

Precious
16 days ago

Simon, we do not like the loud noise either. And it will be here for sure. More and more of the summer vacationers or piling into their lake houses. I do worry about the newborn deer. I cannot imagine what they’re going to think of all that noise.

My GBGV Life
16 days ago

At least you have one event that is controlled. It is all the losers firing off the big boomers for days on end just for noise that we can’t stand. Even Mom’s nerves are on the end because it is so loud and random.

Zoolatry
16 days ago

Woody? We do not understand (or missed something)? Is he a doorstop … is that a comfy pillow … won’t your purry neck get a hurty? Oh dear!

angiesrecipes
16 days ago

You look relaxed resting on Woody :-)

16 days ago

Yup. we are about to be aggravated by that stoopid stuff again. Sigh.

Laila and Angel Minchie

Simon, love your spot where you can give your head a rest. Here in Chicago fireworks are illegal, but you would never know it because it sounds like a war zone here on the 4th of July. Thank cod we usually have our air conditioning on which really helps drown out noise.

Xena, Lucy, Riley and Chia

Don’t know if cats can take CBS oil and valerian oil, but it might be worth checking with your vet. Those combined do the job for our pups.

16 days ago

You look comfy. We hate those boomies.

16 days ago

Simon, we humans will never understand why cats like you use hard things as pillows!

Ellen J Pilch
16 days ago

Very cute photo of you Simon. I hate fireworks too. The 4th is my least favorite holiday.

Simon
Woody is a very supportive friend
I H A T E fireworks…it is too dry for all that stoooooopidity
Hugs to the newbies, the oldies and the ferals
Cecilia

16 days ago

You sure look comfy and relaxed, Simon. We hope the booms don’t scare any of you too much.

Angel Binky, Stippie, Peachy and Granny

You take care of yourself, Simon. Those boomers are the worst effurr…We have a neighbor across the street, he makes a fiesta of effurrything, with boomers…so annoying! Peaceful Pawkisses for all of you🐾😽💞

Comedy Plus
16 days ago

You’re most handsome, Simon. We’re not looking forward to the upcoming fireworks either. We will take extra care.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Scritches to all the kitties and my best to the most wonderful peeps. ♥

Jean
Jean
16 days ago

Mornin’, Simon – I’m glad that Woody doesn’t object to your snuggling against him. And yes, I wholeheartedly agree re: fireworks. We’d just as soon do without them (we don’t participate) but inconsiderate neighbors don’t even think twice about how the boom booms affect animals or humans.

16 days ago

Simon ~ sweet photo of you resting ~ we don’t like the fireworks either ~ but we will conquer ~ lol ~ hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

messymimi
16 days ago

Woody looks like he is a good buddy to rest with.

Fireworks are illegal here, but it makes no difference. The law isn’t enforced unless someone calls, and then they can’t catch all of them.

Leah
16 days ago

Simon you look so comfy and cute! Those fireworks bother all of us too. So far we haven’t heard any; they usually start early here. We really worry about our ferals when everything booms.

da tabbies o trout towne
da tabbies o trout towne
15 days ago

dood…send dad out two de lake and get sum fresh catch, that will make
de day bee way better…eye think eye am gonna chex for dust under de bed…happee week buddy and stay safe 💙🐟💚😺‼️

da tabbies o trout towne
da tabbies o trout towne
15 days ago

few hundred perch outta due ! 🐟🐟🐟🐟😺💙

The LLB Gang
15 days ago

We sure hope every kitty does well during those boomers. We’ve been lucky so far and have had rain almost every evening since last Thursday…Unfortunately, it is suppose to dry out this weekend.
Hang in there!
xoxo,
Rosy & Sunny

Patricia
15 days ago

The catkids here don’t like the fireworks! Both of them get in the closet and hide until all is quiet again.

Ananka
15 days ago

Hopefully the new kitties will be okay with the fireworks. I have been lucky that my cats are okay with them, but not many go off where I live. My friend had 2 Collies and he had to sedate them everytime fireworks were due to go off (mainly 5th of November over here).

Gorgeous photo :-D

15 days ago

You and Woody sure are good pals, Simon!

We are not fans of those boomy things, either. :(

The OP Pack
15 days ago

Lightning would always let Timber rest his head on his butt, but not Misty. She likes her space:). Neither of us is looking forward to the fireworks either. We actually heard some over the weekend. So early.

Woos – Misty and Timber

15 days ago

Woody won’t have gas either!

Maggie from Stillness at Cherith
Maggie from Stillness at Cherith
15 days ago

Emily and Willow are not fans of the fireworks either, Simon.
It was not fun at all last night.
We still hear the occasional boom nearby :(
We hope you get through things OK.

Cheerful Monk
15 days ago

I hope the noise isn’t too bad. I don’t like it either! ❤️

The Oceanside Animals
15 days ago

Charlee: “Those fireworks are not legal here! But does that stop people from shooting them off? Take a guess.”
Chaplin: “Luckily none of us cats minds the fireworks.”
Java Bean: “Ayyy, I don’t mind the fireworks either. I’ve heard worse out on the streets. But poor Lulu gets stressed way out.”
Lulu: “NO FIREWORKS!!!”

Tails Around the Ranch

So sorry, Simon. We totally sympathize. While fireworks are illegal here, we’ll hear them well into the night. Phooey!
You fur-iends,
Elsa & Wilson, the House Pony 🐾

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels Three

We all could use a woody