Sister Saturday with Kiki: My Noisy and Heated Gameplan

sister saturday kiki 01 07062024

Hello everyone and thanks for coming by to visit with me on Sister Saturday. Today the question is what is a good gameplan when it’s noisy and hot? Let me explain. First we had the dreaded fireworks going off, and they still are making noise. Then we have the heat with temperatures in the high 90s and the real feel in the 100s! It even got up to 101 yesterday! So what’s a kitty to do? Well, I have a gameplan!

sister saturday kiki 02 07062024

Hop on on the big bed, which is in the coolest room in our house, cover your eyes and ignore it all. Does it work? Well, mostly for me it does. Besides, there’s a whole lot of comfy cozy up here. Now I just need a pair of ear muffs to drown out the noise.

sister saturday kiki 03 07062024

Then, you can try hopping up someplace high, like the top of our multistory condo, and cover up the nose. That way you can be sure you don’t smell any of the yucky gunpowder stuff that comes from the fire works. Hey, don’t laugh and don’t knock it until you try it. It actually does work!

Last, but not least, just roll over and go to sleep. Fiddle-dee-dee, tomorrow is another day. Don’t forget to leave your daily link over at The Cat Blogosphere for a chance to grab an entry for the end of the month drawing.  Okay, that’s it for now!  Remember, adopt cats, we deserve it!!!!! More Forever Homes More Often! Purrrrr! Zip! Later!

Notify of
guest

Laila and Angel Minchie

Kiki, you have some mighty fine ideas on how to stay cool during those hot, hot hot days of summer. Thanks for sharing

Sounds like you have a good game plan, Kiki!

12 days ago

I wish I had known about the paw over the nose thing on 4th night, 5 hours of 5 houses setting off WWIII and the gunpowder smell in the house was overpowering. I entertained myself my hoping it was giving all involved super migraine headaches from smelling it outside.

angiesrecipes
12 days ago

Looks like it worked for you, Kiki :-)

12 days ago

Kiki, the tips of your ears make me think of fairies!
Are you part fairy? You are so sweet.
Sorry to read about the noise and the heat; it’s a boom-boom time of year.

Good plans!

12 days ago

Kiki…darlin’ you are so cute. I don’t think I’ve ever noticed the tops of your ears in a wee foldover. Very cute
We broke all records here yesterday 106 real temp, feels like 117. H O R R I D
I’m so ready for fall
Hugs to you and the staff and the sibs
Cecilia

Duke

I like your plan, Kiki!

12 days ago

Kiki I never really noticed until today what a GORGEOUS ultra-white SOFT and luxurious fur collar you have there to set off the rest of your furs! WOW! Seriouslies.

Gidget Blue Sky
12 days ago

ha ha ha, kiki, yoo iz so berry cute!!!

12 days ago

You have the perfect plan for staying cool and ignoring all the noise from this weekend, Kiki.

da tabbies o trout towne
da tabbies o trout towne
12 days ago

ewe bee lookin my tee gorgeouz two day kiki and thatz a grate game plan‼️💙💚 hope de fire crackin noiz izza done deel at yur place and yur weekz end iz awesum 🐟😺

Jean
Jean
12 days ago

Mornin’, sweet Kiki – Sounds like you have a good gameplan in place – are you sharing it with your siblings?

Ananka
12 days ago

That is a good game plan for sure Kiki :-D 101F that’s about 38C jeez that is warm! We have had highs of about 16C which is 60F and plenty rain too! Sorry to hear about the fireworks and yes they can be pretty smelly.

Leah
12 days ago

That’s alot to deal with Kiki, and you sure put a good plan together quickly! You look adorable, too, that first picture of you is so cute!

lynn and precious
11 days ago

We are lucky to have a weather break today and tomorrow. Before the 90’s are back. Hope I never see or feel 100, Kiki. Keep the air conditioner on high to cover the noise. Our fireworks are back on fur tonight. And there was a boat parade last night and I had to sleep under the bed instead of Lynn and mine chair. They couldn’t just float a boat, oh no, they had to shoot off loud booms.

11 days ago

Kiki ~ you are one smart kitty ~ great photos of you sweet one ~ keep cool and I love the quiet after all the noise ~ hugs

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

Lillian
11 days ago

That seams like a really good plan

Darla M Sands
11 days ago

Hurray for cool solutions! And you are a cool cat, for sure. :D Be well!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels Three

My parents keep a fan on the floor by the grate which blows cold ai. The fan is pointed to my rug. I have these people wrapped around my finger.

Cheerful Monk
11 days ago

I’m so sorry about the noise! I hope it’s over soon.

11 days ago

You’re such a smart kitty, Kiki! (Or should I start calling you Scarlett? MOL)

Ellen J Pilch

That is a perfect plan. Keep cool. XO

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder

Dearest Kiki,
You sleep just like our Tiggy–Tiger as she loves to cover her eyes with one hand… Looks so adorable.
But avoiding the gunpowder stench is unique!
You are a smart kitty for finding the cooles spot in the house.
Hugs,
Mariette + Kitties

The OP Pack
11 days ago

Lots of great ideas, Kiki. And good to see you today too. We think being on the bed and covering your eyes sounds wonderful. Now if only we could get to those beds . . .

Woos – Misty and Timber

11 days ago

Kiki, you are a very smart ladycat with a plan, for sure!

messymimi
11 days ago

Good suggestions. If you can’t stop them, ignore them.

citu
11 days ago

Kiki esta muy linda. Les mando un beso y les deseo un buen fin de semana.

Angel Binky, Stippie, Peachy and Granny

You show us the best game plans, sweet Kiki, but we wished we had those temperatures here today. What a Summer….More Pawkisses for all of you🐾😽💞

The Oceanside Animals
11 days ago

Charlee: “Going to sleep is always a good option. Things will be better tomorrow, right? Right … ?”